Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Be true to yourself,' says Chaz Bono

Default 'Be true to yourself,' says Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono looked a picture of happiness last night.
    He and girlfriend Jennifer Elia, along with singer mother Cher, were supporting his half-brother Elijah Blue Allman at the opening night of his art exhibition in Malibu.
    Chaz has much to celebrate. Born Chastity, after completing transgender surgery he says he finally feels at peace with himself.

Supportive: Chaz Bono and girlfriend Jennifer Elia attended his half-brother Elijah Blue's exibition at Madison store in Malibu

Chaz officially changed his name and gender in court in May, one year after beginning the medical process to become a man.
    The 41-year-old is currently writing a book about his experiences to help others in the same position. Transition is due out in April next year.
    He has set up a website, ChazBono.net, where he offers support and advice.
    Chaz told one enquirer it had felt 'miserable' pretending to be a girl.
    'When I was in Ceremony [short-lived 90s band] I felt the most pressure to look and behave like someone that truly was not me.'

Mother: Singer Cher was amongst the guests at the exhibition
    And he advised people to be true to themselves.

'I wasted years worried about what other people would think if I transitioned, and now I wish I had those years back,' he wrote. 'Do what is right for you.'
    Chaz said the added pressures of fame made it difficult to be open about his change of gender.
    'To say that being in the public eye is a double edged sword is a cliche, but it happens to be the truth,' he wrote.
    'At times it's very difficult, like when I began to realize that I was transgender. I thought "How am I going to transition with the whole world watching?".
    'It took me many years to find the courage to finally come out" as a man. Now that I have, I'm grateful to have the opportunity to shine a light on our community and the issues we face in society.
    'I hope that my public transition will help others who are still struggling with their gender identity.'

Read more: Family reunion as Chaz Bono supports brother Elijah Blue at art exhibition with mother Cher | Mail Online

I'm happy for him

His weight issues look worse than ever. What does he actually do?

Very happy for him.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    His weight issues look worse than ever. What does he actually do?
    Eat a lot?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think he's been a gay rights activist. I remember seeing her on guest panels of cable news shows in the mid '90s

Chaz, you are HUGE buddy, time to do something about it. It'd be a shame to spend that time becoming a dude, only to die from a heart attack.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^i do wish he would address those weight issues. Not to get another discussion going about genetic destiny but it would be sad to finally reach this point & have a multitude of health issues & be unable to enjoy it.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

I'm glad he's finally happy and yes I hate to say it, but he's scary-fat.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm wondering if the weight issues aren't because he's now trying to balance male/female hormones. Or maybe he really likes food. Anyway, I admire his guts; hopefully, it will give Warren Beatty & Annette Bening's son Stephen the courage to do what he has to do.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I'm wondering if the weight issues aren't because he's now trying to balance male/female hormones. Or maybe he really likes food. Anyway, I admire his guts; hopefully, it will give Warren Beatty & Annette Bening's son Stephen the courage to do what he has to do.
    He was fat when he was a woman too so... But I'm happy for him and hoping he will lose some weight soon.
    "Well isn't that special"

Hit By Ban Bus!

Back in my electronics days I had two customers that went through sex changes. Both were over 6 feet tall with hands that could palm a basketball. One was balding. It always started out slowly with them wearing ladies clothes. The hormones, the operation - it's a rough road to go. I hope Chaz is happy.

The only time I watched that Celebrity Fit show she was on it, she lost a bit of weight but not much. She seemed like such a really nice person. Truth is she's not fat she is obese and I agree she is shortening her life.

hum you know usually they don't like to operated on over weight people, wonder what was the thinking?

^^They don't like to operate on unhealthy overweight people. His diagnostic work was probably fine. Not all very overweight people have major health problems from the get go. For some, it becomes more of an issue as one approaches and enters middle age.

Still, I hope he is able to take care of the extra girth for the reasons others have given above.

I don't know for sure, but I would think that changing the hormone profile for a biological female to that of man's calls for careful health monitoring. He's probably getting better medical care than most people.

Elite Member

I'm no psychologist, but maybe now that he is who he needs to be and he is happy, his weight will come down.

I'm happy for him.

He was such a cute little kid on the Sonny and Cher show. Time flies and life throws many curveballs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information