Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga: “Bitch, you’re Lady Gaga, you get up & walk the walk today”

Default Lady Gaga: “Bitch, you’re Lady Gaga, you get up & walk the walk today”

Yesterday we previewed Lady Gaga’s new, ass-tastic Rolling Stone cover. Today RS has put up some excerpts from their profile, and let’s just that my question yesterday - “Is she trying too hard?” - still stands. But as I mentioned yesterday, I like Gaga. And I appreciate that she gives a good interview, and anyone who thinks that she’s just another air-head pop star is wrong. She is actually thinking about the crazy sh-t she does and says (and wears). And she’s about to bring some politics up in this bitch:
    Lady Gaga bares her heart — and much more — on the cover of Rolling Stone’s new issue, on sale at newsstands Wednesday, June 23rd. In the most extensive interview the pop star has ever given about the breakup that inspired her transformation from Germanotta to Gaga, her complex relationship with her beloved father and the music on her next album, Lady Gaga tells contributing editor Neil Strauss art is life and not being fierce isn’t an option: “When I wake up in the morning, I feel just like any other insecure 24-year-old girl,” she says. “Then I say, ‘Bitch, you’re Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today.’ ”
    In a backstage interview before and after one of her mammoth Monster Ball shows in England, Gaga admits she wouldn’t have been as successful if she hadn’t had her heart broken by her East Village boyfriend five years ago, and that “sex is certainly not, like, a priority at the moment.”
    Her priority is, and has been, the relationship she’s built with her fans. “If I were to ever, God forbid, get hurt onstage and my fans were screaming outside of the hospital, waiting for me to come out, I’d come out as Gaga,” she says, adding that she models her celebrity on Michael Jackson. “Michael got burned, and he lifted that glittered glove so damn high so his fans could see him, because he was in the art of show business. That’s what we do. I don’t even drink water onstage in front of anybody, because I want them to focus on the fantasy of the music.”
    Gaga also reveals some deeply personal details for the first time, including her recurring nightmare involving a phantom and a blond girl who’s tied up with ropes. “She’s got my shoes on from the Grammys,” Gaga says. “Go figure — psycho.” When presented with the idea that her behavior indicates she’s a survivor of a traumatic experience, Gaga says there are limits to what she’ll discuss in public. “You have to be careful about how much you reveal to people that look up to you so much.”
    Despite a health scare (she currently doesn’t have Lupus, but the disease runs in her family) and nonstop touring, Gaga hasn’t lost her creative inspiration — she’s currently finishing up her new record and designing the stage production for her next tour. Gaga plans to announce the title of her new album — due out early next year — at midnight on New Year’s Eve.
    “I think I’m gonna get the album title tattooed on me and put out the photo,” she says. “I’ve been working on it for months now, and I feel very strongly that it’s finished right now. It came so quickly. Some artists take years; I don’t. I write music every day.”
    As for the subject matter of the music, Gaga says she’s moved on with writing songs about her quest for fame to crafting tunes with an angry, perhaps political bent.
    “Why are we still talking about ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’?” she says. “It’s like, what f-cking year is it? It makes me crazy! And I have been for three years baking cakes — and now I’m going to bake a cake that has a bitter jelly. The message of the new music is now more bitter than it was before. Because the sweeter the cake, the more bitter the jelly can be.”
    [From Rolling Stone]
    My least favorite part is the stuff about Michael Jackson. Yes, I get it, Gaga uses Michael as a cautionary-tale/comparison-iconography, and Michael himself liked Gaga enough to ask her to open for him on his never-started tour, but I still think she’s full of sh-t for speaking about him in this way when she’s only been doing her act for three years. They’ve been three good years, three years where she’s been so influential that even the people she’s paid homage to are now considered “Gaga-esque”. But Michael lived for decades with the crushing fame and the spotlight of the world. So, give it a decade, Gaga.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Lady Gaga: “Bitch, you’re Lady Gaga, you get up & walk the walk today”

She wasn't comparing herself with Jacko, asshat. She was stating that he had a great grasp of showmanship even in a personal crisis and as a performer it was something to admire.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Photo shopped to death.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life.

I wonder if she ever just puts on her quitters and eats nachos on the couch.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I say good for her. She takes her career seriously (maybe too seriously) but it's better than just phoning it in like most pop tarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    She wasn't comparing herself with Jacko, asshat. She was stating that he had a great grasp of showmanship even in a personal crisis and as a performer it was something to admire.
    exactly. another celebitchy reading comprehension FAIL.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Jerry thinks she's lady Gag -

In a bashing the New York Post deems a joke, Jerry Seinfeld called out Lady Gaga for her recent appearances at New York Yankees and Mets games -- she flipped dual middle fingers unrepentantly at one game, and showed up in skimpy lingerie for both.

"This woman is a jerk. I hate her," Seinfeld said on WFAN radio Monday night, although he conceded she is talented. "I don't know why she's doing this stuff. I don't know what these young people think or how they promote their careers. I'm not one of these all-publicity-is-good people. People talk about you need exposure -- you could die of exposure."
    94diggsdiggSeinfeld told WFAN host Steve Somers he's had enough of Lady Gaga, but that he wishes her the best -- though he was quick to tack on, "You take one 'A' off of that and you've got 'gag.'"

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

She is still way better then the new shit-tastic music out there now.
    *couchcouch*Ke$ha & J-Beiver*couch*
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I don't like Celebitchy. Mostly because whoever writes for that blog seems kind of stupid.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonGirl View Post
    She is still way better then the new shit-tastic music out there now.
    *couchcouch*Ke$ha & J-Beiver*couch*
    That's your opinion. I find her music just as shit tastic as Kesha or Justin beiber.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Amen.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Her face looks like Sacha Baron Cohen!!

she has the cutest butt evar!

most of the skinny chicks have these saggy things.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Those shoes are freaking fab too!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information