Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Katy Perry Blasts Lady Gaga's Video for 'Alejandro'

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Katy Perry Blasts Lady Gaga's Video for 'Alejandro'

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lady Gaga's latest cinematic epic has finally arrived: Months after the mini-Tarantino saga "Telephone", the nearly nine-minute-long new video for Gaga's Fame Monster smash "Alejandro" debuted today on Vevo. Directed by Steven Klein and choreographed by Laurieann Gibson, the video features all the cutting edge fashion, creative dancing and tidal waves of eye-popping "did you just see that?" moments fans have come to expect from Gaga. In the clip, she transforms herself into a latex nun, a female Bono, a thick-goggled Siddhartha and the Material Girl — with a machine gun bra replacing Madonna's now seemingly demure conical model.

"She likes epics. It fits her personality. We combined dance, narrative and attributes of surrealism," Klein, a fashion photographer who in the past has worked closely with Madonna, tells Rolling Stone. "The process was to express Lady Gaga's desire to reveal her heart and bear her soul."

Surrounded alternately by half-naked, monk-haired male dancers in high heels and uniformed soldiers, "Alejandro" avoids one defining plot, opting instead to wow viewers with its intense and at times provocative political and religious imagery. Like "Bad Romance" before it, the ending of "Alejandro" shows Gaga laying in bed before it culminates in Two Lane Blacktop fashion — Gaga's blank stare morphs into a specter as the film burns and disintegrates in the projector. Even though the clip's running time ballooned beyond the length of standard videos, Gaga and Klein struggled to squeeze all their ideas into the final cut. "On a music video there is never enough time," says Klein, who, besides directing tour videos for Madonna, hadn't tackled an MTV-style project. "We had planned so much and achieved much of that, but of course some of it we were not able due to time constraints."

While "Alejandro" seems both politically and religiously charged, from Gaga's assault weapon bra to her ingestion of rosary beads, Klein insists "the politics came out of the story, but was not the official intention." Madonna's visual oeuvre seems like the obvious reference point for "Alejandro," with its not-so-subtle hints of "Like a Prayer" and "Vogue," but Klein admits that painters, more than any musicians or film directors, influenced the design and spirit of the video.

SOURCE.

Oh Katy... shut your jealous vag.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh Katy... shut your jealous vag.
    Yeah agree! Why all the hate on Lady Gaga lately? Just let her be...I like Gaga but imo Alejandro is the most blatantly unoriginal work she's put out there (i still like her though).

Hit By Ban Bus!

Katy is a poseur, didn't she start as a Christian singer and then dropped the religious stuff to get famous?

Blasphemy?? What a bunch of crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by pretty wild View Post
    Katy is a poseur, didn't she start as a Christian singer and then dropped the religious stuff to get famous?
    Yeah I think she went by a different name though...kate hudson?

Katy Perry, singer of the hit songs “I Kissed a Girl” and “UR So Gay”, used to be a Christian singer.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFvXOChyqdA&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    The above video is from 2001. The song is a Christian track called “Faith Won’t Fail,” sung by a 16-year-old girl named Katy Hudson. Hudson changed her name later to Perry (too easily confused with Kate Hudson?) Her parents are both conservative preachers, and so I’m sure they’re not too excited about where her new path has taken her!

I’m really happy Katy got out of the Christian music genre. Where would we be without the drunk sorority song “I Kissed a Girl,” the metrosexual anthem “UR So Gay” and “Hot N Cold”?

Katy Perry: Christian Singer? | Gabby Babble

Yes and marrying Russell Brand must thrill her preacher parents too.

She had what, 3 or 4 songs that made money off a few albums? Now her new song gets play mostly because it is with Snoop Dog. She must hate it that Gaga gets 3-4 #1 songs from each album.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

See, this is more of why I hate this smug little bitch.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Hit By Ban Bus!

Um how does one "bear her soul? "

I wonder if there is a bit of bad history between Gaga and Katy? It seemed an odd thing for her to tweet, especially as she is buddies with Perez who lives up Gaga's ass.

Syd

Dating Russell Brand is blasphemous.

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Um how does one "bear her soul? "
    I dunno but I am guess Yogi has something to do with? OR maybe Boo Boo? Damn grizzlies!

Default For those that haven't seen the video:

[YouTube]niqrrmev4mA[/youtube]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information