Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Thread: Gabriel Aubry considering filing for permanent custody of daughter Nahla

Default Gabriel Aubry considering filing for permanent custody of daughter Nahla

Gabriel Aubry considering filing for permanent custody of Nahla

Back when Gabriel Aubry and Halle Berry’s split was first announced, the fact that they had already worked out Nahla’s custody was part of the story. However, just days after the announcement, everything seemed to be getting nasty, with a bitter he-said/she-said public relations war commencing over one weekend. Sources allegedly close to Gabriel announced that because of the PR war, he was looking to challenge the custody agreement he and Halle had worked out. Radar now has a follow-up on that story - they’re claiming that Halle isn’t giving him access to Nahla and that Gabriel is now interested in “permanent custody” on Nahla.
    The custody battle between Halle Berry and her baby daddy Gabriel Aubry is heating up, with Gabriel recently exploring his legal options, RadarOnline.com learned exclusively.
    Halle is scheduled to spend three months shooting a movie in South Africa and that triggered Gabriel to consider his legal options to fight for permanent custody of their daughter Nahla, a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com exclusively.
    RadarOnline.com broke the story that Halle and Gabriel secretly split months ago and had been to a lawyer to work out financial and custody issues. They have joint custody but in the past few weeks it has been difficult for Gabriel to spend time with Nahla, the source said.
    “It’s been pretty difficult for Gabriel to see Nahla the last few weeks,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com. “He’s really getting sick of it and it’s getting to the point where he is seriously considering his options regarding pursuing permanent custody. He refuses to give up rights to his daughter, he loves her more than anything and is determined to be a regular, full time fixture in her life.”
    Gabriel refused to spend three months away from his daughter with Halle scheduled to film in South Africa during July, August and September.
    “The latest issue is that Halle is due to move to South Africa during July, August and September to work on a movie and she wants to take Nahla with her full time. That would mean Gabriel not seeing his daughter for three whole months and there’s no way he’s going to allow that,” the source told RadarOnline.com
    Halle and Nahla reached a stalemate with both unwilling to give up their daughter during Halle’s three-month shoot.
    “Gabriel requested that he be allowed to keep Nahla with him in Los Angeles but Halle wouldn’t let that happen, so the two reached a total stalemate and it started getting nasty, with both of them looking into entering a legal battle,” the source said.
    “In the end they reached an agreement. Basically Halle is going to pay Gabriel to be a kind of full time nanny and to come to South Africa for the three months she’s there, and to be Nahla’s full-time caregiver. Halle has a huge house that’s being rented for her and she and Gabriel are going to try to live under the same roof and get along for the sake of Nahla.”
    “Heaven only knows how that’s going to work out, as they haven’t been on the best of terms lately, but they do both love their daughter so maybe they can make it work. Halle has got a contingency plan though. If it doesn’t work out with them both living in the same property, she has agreed to rent a house for Gabriel near where she will be staying, and then he gets to look after Nahla all day while she’s working, and return to his place at night.
    “It’s certainly not a conventional solution, but who knows, maybe it will work for them. One thing is for certain though – this definitely is not any kind of attempt at reconciliation. It is definitely 100% over between these two, and if it wasn’t for the fact of sharing a child together they would quite happily never see each other again.
    “As it is they are stuck with each other, and I guess all they can do is try to make things as harmonious as possible for the sake of Nahla – she is the number one priority for both of them – so maybe, for her sake, they can make it work.”
    [From Radar]
    Is it weird that I think Gabriel is making a really good case for primary custody? Not permanent custody, not sole custody, but primary custody. As in, Nahla stays with him most of the time and Gabriel gets to say when Halle gets to see him. I dislike when mothers (of fathers, for that matter) use custody and visitation rights of the child against their former partners. It’s obvious that Gabriel has been a “nanny” (some would say “a father”) to Nahla all of her life, and if he wants to get his legal ducks in a row and challenge their custodial arrangement, I think he should.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Gabriel Aubry considering filing for permanent custody of Nahla

He appears to be a very loving & caring father. He has as much right to be part of her life as Halle.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    He appears to be a very loving & caring father. He has as much right to be part of her life as Halle.
    I agree. That is one lucky little girl. Both Gabriel and Halle seem to be involved and loving parents.

Please! bitch is trying to get my man in the same house with her in africa for 3 months so she can have a shot at my stuff!! Ain't having it, whore!
    BeantownBitch likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Silver Member

^^Yeah, I wonder whose idea it was for both of them to be under the same roof, lol. Come on, now! It is inevitable that something is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if these two get back together later on with this arrangement as it is.

I don't see how it is obvious that Gabriel was the "nanny" to Nahla. A father, yes. But it seems both Halle and Gabriel were equally active in her life which is a good thing. It does suck that Halle has to basically compensate him financially in order to bring Nahla with her to S.Africa but what are you going to do?

Wasn't there a post that he made 750k last year as a model but that wasn't enough for her? If he is making that much it is not fair to say he lives off her and was a no one until he met her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Wasn't there a post that he made 750k last year as a model but that wasn't enough for her? If he is making that much it is not fair to say he lives off her and was a no one until he met her.
    Yeah, I don't think he needs to accept her after-school babysitting job.... she wants the dong...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
    ^^Yeah, I wonder whose idea it was for both of them to be under the same roof, lol. Come on, now! It is inevitable that something is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if these two get back together later on with this arrangement as it is.

I don't see how it is obvious that Gabriel was the "nanny" to Nahla. A father, yes. But it seems both Halle and Gabriel were equally active in her life which is a good thing. It does suck that Halle has to basically compensate him financially in order to bring Nahla with her to S.Africa but what are you going to do?

Why should Gabe have to pay out of his own pocket to appease Halle? She's the one who wants the child there but Gabe has rights too. Of course she should pay. He's going to have to put any modeling on hold for this. And she's lost him. More like it sucks to be Halle.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Why should Gabe have to pay out of his own pocket to appease Halle? She's the one who wants the child there but Gabe has rights too. Of course she should pay. He's going to have to put any modeling on hold for this. And she's lost him. More like it sucks to be Halle.
    Hey, some volleyball broad named their kid after you!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Basically Halle is going to pay Gabriel to be a kind of full time nanny and to come to South Africa for the three months she’s there, and to be Nahla’s full-time caregiver.
    Jeez. Where do you think she keeps his balls?

I'm waiting for Gabriel to respond - preferrably through Gloria Allred...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yes, that was posted here somewhere.

Well, I could say the same thing. Why should Halle have to pay out of her own pocket to please Gabe? He's the one who wants the kid to stay behind with him. She wants the kid to stay with her. If she stays behind with the kid, then she misses out on her employment opportunities as well.

Well, it should be interesting to see if he manages to compensate Halle financially if/when he is traveling the world on modeling assignments and wants Nahla with him.

Anyway, I am not saying that Halle should not have to pay. I am saying that it sucks that she does. There's a difference. It sucks when I have to pay a speeding ticket but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't have to do it if I am caught speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
    Yes, that was posted here somewhere.

Well, I could say the same thing. Why should Halle have to pay out of her own pocket to please Gabe? He's the one who wants the kid to stay behind with him. She wants the kid to stay with her. If she stays behind with the kid, then she misses out on her employment opportunities as well.

Well, it should be interesting to see if he manages to compensate Halle financially if/when he is traveling the world on modeling assignments and wants Nahla with him.

Anyway, I am not saying that Halle should not have to pay. I am saying that it sucks that she does. There's a difference. It sucks when I have to pay a speeding ticket but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't have to do it if I am caught speeding.
    Oh shit! I bet she doesn't have to pay. This is just something she puts out there so she can say "see, he makes me pay ...." she a ho!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Keep in mind that for her job she needs to leave for 3 months. That is a long time to miss in a child's life. I'm sure his modeling jobs are just a few days at a time. Big difference there.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information