Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Octomom Nadya Suleman: "I live with tremendous guilt for having so many kids"

Default Octomom Nadya Suleman: "I live with tremendous guilt for having so many kids"

Nadya Suleman says being known as "Octomom" makes her feel like a "carnival attraction."

After sending a letter to Oprah Winfrey, the octuplets mother appeared via satellite Tuesday on the talk show host's program to discuss what life has been like since becoming a tabloid target.

Though she claims to have no regrets, Suleman, 34, said she has a "tremendous amount of guilt" for giving birth to eight babies last year as an unemployed single mother of six.

"I feel as though I was so caught up with my own childish desires to compensate," she said.

Suleman, who was raised an only child, said having so many children was possibly a way for her "to fill some missing piece inside."

Within nine years, she filled her life with fourteen children, including Elijah, 8; Amerah, 7; Joshua, 6, Aiden, 5; twins Caleb and Calyssa, 3; and the 14-month octuplets, Noah, Maliyah, Isaiah, Nariyah, Makai, Josiah, Jeremiah and Jonah.

"I've always coveted that connection, that attachment to another being," she said. "And the connection felt safer with children than with a significant other, more predictable. The security—I was hungering for the security.

Vowing to never put her children on a reality series because it "robs them of their childhood," Suleman said she is now off food stamps and makes her income by relying on media appearances. (Oprah previously stated that she did not pay Suleman for the interview)

"We're surviving," she said. "We're so busy going, going, going, moving, moving, moving, trying to keep up that you don't have time to think, to reflect, to feel anything. And it is a choice. I own all of the responsibility for my poor choices in the past."

She continued, "Do I regret [it]? You can't regret children. But the choices were childish. They were immature. They were selfish. Are we defined by our choices? Our behavior? Our actions? No. I don't believe that defines our worth.

"I feel as though I wasn't thinking at that time. If I could go back, would I make different choices? Maybe. At this point, I know and I need to teach my children that we need to learn, we need to grow, we need to keep on growing and transcending, and we need to make the best possible choices. And when we make poor choices, all you can do is really, really learn from that and grow from that. Try not to repeat it."

Having learned from her lessons, Suleman said she won't be having any more children in the future.

"At this point in my life, that is the furthest thing that I would ever even imagine," she claimed. "I cannot grow additional eyes or hands. I'm not an octopus. I can barely give them — nobody could, not two people, not four people even could give them — all the emotional, psychological and physical needs."

Though she is trying to be "the most devoted mother" she can be, Suleman admitted to feeling badly about her situation.

"I live every single day every hour of the day with a tremendous amount of guilt," she said. "And I feel guilty when I hold the one or two and then that I can't be there for the others. And they're crying. And then I feel guilty. Look at the older ones. They all have different unique needs. And I'll live with this forever. But all I can do now is keep on going, keep moving."

Despite her hardships, Suleman said she has never considered giving up some of her children for adoption.

"I will do anything in my power to secure what I need to, on my own, without exploiting my children, to secure revenue so I can provide that," she said. "I know that sounds selfish, but I breathe for my children. I wake up for my children. I will do anything to secure the revenue on my own to provide for these kids."

Octomom Nadya Suleman on 'Oprah': 'I live with a tremendous amount of guilt' for having so many kids
    No shit, you attention-whoring moron. Not that I believe she actually feels guilty, she'll say anything for press.

She would never put her kids on a reality show because so far none have been offered to her. I'm sure if an offer comes in she will find a way to justify her change of heart.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

e

"We're surviving," she said. "We're so busy going, going, going, moving, moving, moving, trying to keep up that you don't have time to think, to reflect, to feel anything. And it is a choice. I own all of the responsibility for my poor choices in the past."
    Is she on drugs??
    She continued, "Do I regret [it]? You can't regret children. But the choices were childish. They were immature. They were selfish. Are we defined by our choices? Our behavior? Our actions? No. I don't believe that defines our worth.
    I don't think that anyone asked if it defines our worth, however our choices DO define US. She needs to go back to college to get her philosophy degree.... since she already has her psch one.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

SO MUCH HATE. I can't even say anything rational. I wish death on very few people, but Wad-ya Stool-eman is one of those lucky few. Die die die you stupid fucking bitch!
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She made herself a carnival attraction. How do you decide which baby gets a 5 minute love session? I can not believe celebrity was so important to her.

I don't think she feels guilt.. I think she's fibbing. I do not like her... even a tiny bit.

czb

^^^ who knows what she feels, she probably doesn't even know. she seems like a very immature woman. her RE was really irresponsible to not require her to get some counseling before going through IVF.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I have ESP and I tell you she feels nothing, I saw it in my crystle ball

What she really means is she wishes she was famous for something other than just spitting out litters of kids. She thinks shes like another Angelina but she only got the status from being irresponsible.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Is that more reliable than a crystal ball?

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I saw it with my third eye.

Bronze Member

I tried to watch it, but between her hyperactivity and the face not moving AT ALL I couldn't.

Elite Member

Wasn't she on a reality show last year?

I just watched a clip on TMZ earlier today of one of her older kids, standing on one of the infants while tending to the other infant. WTF. Then Nadya is telling her older son he has to go to school, it's the law or the cops or child protective services will come. WTF.

She's a nutjob and her voice grates on my nerves beyond belief!

And my god that laugh!

It killed me to watch that interview.

Octomom is bonkers.

Oprah tried to be fair.

I half way think that Octomom just figured she could go on Oprah and maybe be given something in return.

I wonder how the whole full on mess with Octomom will ultimately play out. Based on this interview with Oprah, I have a feeling that things are not going to be pretty.

Poor kids.

She is disgusting in every way.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information