Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Aniston: “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me”

Wink Jennifer Aniston: “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me”

ennifer Aniston: “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me”

Jennifer Aniston is the cover girl for the May issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK, and HuffPo has some of the interview excerpts. First, what do you think of the cover shot? It’s striking and interesting, but the whole artsy color wash seems better suited to an inside-the-magazine photo shoot but not for a cover shot. Just my opinion. But it does stand out. Here are the excerpts:
    Jennifer Aniston has summarized her secret for looking good. The “Bounty Hunter” star is on the cover of the UK Harper’s Bazaar - on sale this week - and inside, responding to her thoughts on Botox (which she says she has avoided) she says she could never give up wine or dairy and, “My advice: just stop eating sh-t every day.”
    She also talks about her “rebirth” five years after her split from Brad Pitt and the failure of “Derailed.” Below are quotes from the press release.
    On her love of British comedy:
    “I so love the British sense of humour - I was obsessed with Benny Hill and Monty Python as a child. Oh my god, and I am so hooked on Ricky Gervais.”
    On her fans being upset by her racy roles:
    “With Derailed [a dark action thriller opposite Clive Owen], I loved being racy. Love it…But people couldn’t cope with me being involved in rape and murder.”
    On her rebirth:
    “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me. Now it’s time for my rebirth. I love trying new things. I can’t just be put in a box.”
    On the power of women:
    “I grew up admiring strong women like journalist Barbara Walters and super-agent Sue Mengers, who represented Ali McGraw. But now look where we’ve got to as women. We’ve had a woman run for President. There is nothing like our power.”
    On botox:
    “I could do it, and I mean these lines are getting deeper every day, but when I tell you what’s happened to me - these lines are just about living. Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don’t starve myself in an extremist way. You’re not taking away my coffee or my dairy or my glass of wine because I’d be devastated. My advice: just stop eating shit every day.”
    On her fellow Hollywood leading ladies:
    “I love what Drew Barrymore is doing with directing. It’s so much about a rebirth for her, and I love it when people are living in the now, like her. I hate it when people look back and regret what they haven’t got. That’s how I feel about my own life now. And my God, let’s talk about how much I love Demi Moore as well. What kind of Kool-Aid is she drinking?”
    [Harper’s Bazaar interview excerpts courtesy of HuffPo]

Um… Demi Moore is drinking the “Kool-Aid” known as “a really good surgeon who does work incrementally so she doesn’t walk around with a new face all of a sudden even though we can all see that Demi does in fact have a new face.” I mean, are there people out there in the world who really look at Demi and say “100% natural”? Or is Aniston just kissing her friend’s ass?
    Regarding the other stuff… I love Ricky Gervais too, he’s awesome, and yes, it is amazing how much better you feel and look when you “stop eating sh-t” and actually drink a ton of water and exercise regularly. I rolled my eyes at “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me” line, but whatever. I hope she does try new things.

Oh, and SPOILER - as someone who actually sat through Derailed (apparently Aniston didn’t read the script for the film she appeared in), there was no rape. There was a pretend rape, but really her character was having sex with her “boyfriend” and pretending to be raped. She was a con artist. And people didn’t like the movie because it was a horrible, terribly miscast movie. Clive Owen as a poor schlub who can‘t catch a break? Uh, no. Vincent Cassel as a gangster operating in Chicago? Uh, no. Jennifer Aniston as a femme fatale? Uh, no. It was like they cast that movie by picking names out of a hat.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Jennifer Aniston: “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me”
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I have to admit I am jealous of her well toned legs!

“The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me. Now it’s time for my rebirth."
    Sweet christ, see? This is what Chinniston haters mean when they say she milks "The Divorce" for all it's worth! It's 5 years later, wtf woman?? Ugh, it's ridiculous and I've got no respect for that.

I have to admit, she's looking damned good lately. However pathetic it is that she's still milking the marriage/divorce, the fact that she's looking better than ever while AJ looks like she could break a hip and be hospitalized at any second is probably the best revenge she could hope for.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

Why does she mention her ex all the time ? She hasn't moved on emotionally at all but she looks much beter than Jolie does at the moment. Slim and healthy as opposed to a drugged up skeltor in a wig.

I'm a fan and I'm tired of her whining. She does need to shut up and look pretty.

She really has been looking pretty fucking awesome lately. If she could just STFU about her personal life, she'd be way ahead.

If the last five years have been a 'spriong cleaning/rebirth' then why does Jenni keep rehashing them every chance she gets? And didn't she just say that she would consider getting back with an ex? You can't make this stuff up.
    Last edited by kingcap72; March 31st, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Five years' worth of sand in the vacuum cleaner...

Do you all really think she looks awesome? She's always had a hot body and a cute style, but my god, the chin! That thing is all I can focus on, and I'm sure it's been shopped and is actually bigger. I barely notice her eyes, skin, hair, anything - the chin just makes her really unattractive to me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think the first picture is really well done. The second side angle shows her chin to much.

Has it really only been 5 years? It seems so much longer. I guess it's because she constantly reminds everyone of the time line.

I think Jolie looks good these days. In the last five years she's made quite a few movies, gave birth to 3 children and adopted one more, run all over the world doing her "government" job. In the last five years Jennifer Aniston has been spring cleaning. yep.

To be fair, there was an entire Sandals resort worth of beach up her sniz and all she had was a little plastic shovel..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I used to have no real opinion of this woman at all but she is seriously starting to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I think the first picture is really well done. The second side angle shows her chin to much.

Has it really only been 5 years? It seems so much longer. I guess it's because she constantly reminds everyone of the time line.

I think Jolie looks good these days. In the last five years she's made quite a few movies, gave birth to 3 children and adopted one more, run all over the world doing her "government" job. In the last five years Jennifer Aniston has been spring cleaning. yep.
    at least we can always count on you to bring angelina and your litany of bullshit about what a wonderful person she is. I don't know, how long does one get to go on about giving birth, photo ops and buying multicolored children? surely that has less of a shelf life than "teh divorce"..
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Sweet christ, see? This is what Chinniston haters mean when they say she milks "The Divorce" for all it's worth! It's 5 years later, wtf woman?? Ugh, it's ridiculous and I've got no respect for that.
    My sister has been divorced for longer than that and she's still milking it. It is a significant, life-changing event. Some people can get over it quickly, others can't. It drives me nuts when we're talking about whatever and it ends up turning into being all about her situation and how well she's doing. I always think that if she were really doing well, we wouldn't be hearing about how well she's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    My sister has been divorced for longer than that and she's still milking it. It is a significant, life-changing event. Some people can get over it quickly, others can't. It drives me nuts when we're talking about whatever and it ends up turning into being all about her situation and how well she's doing. I always think that if she were really doing well, we wouldn't be hearing about how well she's doing.
    Just out of an honest interest, how long is acceptable to mourn the loss of one's marriage? Is it half as long as the marriage itself or what?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information