Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete Doherty Arrested in Drug Death

Default Pete Doherty Arrested in Drug Death

Pete Doherty arrested over drug death of Robin Whitehead

Pete Doherty, the rock star, has been arrested on suspicion of supplying the drugs that killed heiress Robin Whitehead.

The Babyshambles star, 31, was one of four people questioned following the death of the 27-year-old filmmaker.

The body of Miss Whitehead, granddaughter of the late Teddy Goldsmith – founder of The Ecologist magazine – was discovered at a flat in Hackney, east London, on January 24 after paramedics answered a 999 call.

She died from a suspected drug overdose.

Doherty was arrested in connection with the inquiry on Friday.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: "A 31-year-old man was arrested on March 19 on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs.

He was bailed to return on a date in April pending further inquiries."

Doherty's friend, Peter Wolfe, 41, who found Robin's body but denied she had taken drugs, has also been arrested on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs and perverting the course of justice.

The flat's owner Gill Samworth, 53, has been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice and allowing the flat to be used for the supply of drugs.

Musician Alan Wass, 28, was also arrested last Tuesday on suspicion of supplying drugs.

All three have been bailed until April.

Doherty, a friend of Miss Whitehead, said he was "shocked and saddened" following her death.

She had completed a documentary film, The Road To Albion, about Doherty's former band, The Libertines, and spent a lot of time with the singer.

Her website shows pictures of Doherty with his body encased in plaster, lying on a board in a crucifixion pose.

Her mother, Dido Whitehead, is a cousin of Jemima Khan and Zac Goldsmith, and her father is the 1960s filmmaker Peter Whitehead

Pete Doherty arrested over drug death of Robin Whitehead - Telegraph

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wasn't he involved, or at least close by under suspicious circumstances, in another death? Defenestration, I think?

How many people is he going to kill/help kill before Britain throws the freaking book at him?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    How many people is he going to kill/help kill before Britain throws the freaking book at him?
    I think they already did and he caught it in the face.. guy is fugly

He's sure the teflon junkie, isn't he?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

how did he 'help' kill them? he may have given her the drugs or shared them or gotten them from the same dealer or something but she took them willingly. i don't agree in charging other people when someone makes a bad choice. doesn't matter if it's dreamboat doherty or some anonymous junkie.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    how did he 'help' kill them? he may have given her the drugs or shared them or gotten them from the same dealer or something but she took them willingly. i don't agree in charging other people when someone makes a bad choice. doesn't matter if it's dreamboat doherty or some anonymous junkie.
    Wasn't he the one they suspected of pushing that guy off a roof that time?

And I would agree, if it were not illegal to give someone RX controlled drugs that are not prescribed for them, or illegal to give them drugs that are..well..illegal.

That is kind of like getting a 14 year old drunk. It is illegal. Even if they willingly drink up. If they are an adult, and liquor is legal for adults(I think weed should be too..for adults) that would be different.

And I just have no sympathy for someone who abused their cat by giving it drugs. Seriously..wtf?

And I have to admit I do not know what 'defenestration' is..sounds dirty though.

He'll get a warning not to be so rude as to help murder people, and then sent on his way with a pat on the head.

Then tea.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    to soj:
    they were both doing illegal drugs though. if that girl had been caught by police doing drugs they would have arrested her or fined her. but because she died they have to blame someone else? makes no sense to me. she took the drugs willingly.
    with minors and alcohol i can understand but blaming someone for the death of a person who took the drugs willingly? it just seems like too much of a stretch and a desperate attempt to get dealers to prison. nab them for trafficking or dealing or whatever but not for homicide or causing someone's death unless they intentionally laced the product with something poisonous.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I think they already did and he caught it in the face.. guy is fugly
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

There is a separate offence of supplying drugs so he is not in the clear. And, yes, he was at a party when somebody 'fell' from a window. And there was a picture I think of him injecting a fan when she had passed out. He is just continuously involved in drugs so this is not surprising.

Shit, maybe SHE brought the drugs. Who knows? I despise this asshole, but she knew what she was getting into when she stuck the needle in her arm. It was her choice.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    to soj:
    they were both doing illegal drugs though. if that girl had been caught by police doing drugs they would have arrested her or fined her. but because she died they have to blame someone else? makes no sense to me. she took the drugs willingly.
    with minors and alcohol i can understand but blaming someone for the death of a person who took the drugs willingly? it just seems like too much of a stretch and a desperate attempt to get dealers to prison. nab them for trafficking or dealing or whatever but not for homicide or causing someone's death unless they intentionally laced the product with something poisonous.
    I guess it is more for me not just this offense..but the myriad(HEATHER!) nasty shit he has done/been involved in over the years.

He can just die and leave the rest of the world alone at this point.

And yeah, if it turns out she bought the drugs and he did not give them to her, then that is not his fault. They 'suspect' him of buying and supplying the drugs, completely or partially. He has just been charged, not convicted.

I just hate this guy because he seems like he not only has no respect for his own life, he has no respect for anyone else's, and how he could hurt others.

Anyone else who is not a celeb ( and not in Britian ) would have had the book thrown at them years ago.

How many times has he stumbled into/out of a car stoned or drunk with pap lights flashing? Didn't he just go to court with fucking heroin on him? I mean really.

How is this guy still alive.

HOW???

Hell this guy could get cracked out, go nuts and stab 50 random people with a used hypodermic needle and people would still find him precious. Some dead bitch in an apt who did drugs of her own volition ain't shit for this guy. Especially with so may other people involved to potentially take the blame. He'll be home in time for cornflakes.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information