Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Kevin Smith booted off flight

Default Kevin Smith booted off flight

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/9079110598

I love you Kev. Drop some of the weight and get healthy, we want you around a good long time!
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

I love me some Kevin Smith.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kevin Smith 'Too Fat' to Fly Southwest

By Bob Meadows
    Sunday February 14, 2010 04:10 PM EST

Kevin Smith, sitting on a second Southwest Air flight
    Courtesy Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith's most famous role is a guy who rarely speaks. But he's got a lot to say – much of it profane – after being kicked off a Southwest Air flight because he didn't fit comfortably into the seat.

"You [messed] with the wrong sedentary processed-foods eater!" Smith, whose next film, Cop Out, comes out Feb. 26, posted on Twitter.

It was one of many Tweets recounting the actor/director's humiliating expulsion Saturday from the Oakland-to-Burbank, Calif. flight. Southwest said in a statement airline officials had called Smith to offer their "heartfelt apologies," but also stated his removal was for the "safety and comfort of all customers."

Smith, 39, originally purchased two tickets "as he's been known to do when traveling Southwest," the airline noted, but when he decided to fly standby on an earlier flight, only one seat remained. Although he had been seated, he was asked to leave.

"If a customer cannot comfortably lower the armrest and infringes on a portion of another seat, a customer seated adjacent would be very uncomfortable and a timely exit from the aircraft in the event of an emergency might be compromised if we allow a cramped, restricted seating arrangement," Southwest said.

I'm Fat

Smith, who played Silent Bob in his Clerks movies and who has battled his weight for years – "I know I'm fat," he confesses – was given a $100 voucher and arrived in Burbank on a later flight. But he was in no mood to accept an apology.

"I broke no regulation, offered no 'safety risk' (what, was I gonna roll on a fellow passenger?)" he Tweeted. "I saw someone bigger than me on THAT flight! But I wasn't about to throw a fellow Fatty under the plane as I'm being profiled. But he & I made eye contact, & he was like 'Please don't tell...'"

After landing in Burbank, Smith wrote, "Don't worry: wall of the plane was opened & I was airlifted out while Richard Simmons supervised."

Smith added that while the ordeal was embarrassing, his "Jersey Girl training" (the 2004 flop starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) was helping him cope.

Additional reporting by CHAMP CLARK From

More news at Huffington Post

Kevin Smith 'Too Fat' to Fly Southwest - Kevin Smith : People.com

Gold Member

Oh my god! The shame
    I didn't know they did that in America as wouldn't it exclude a lot of people? If people need more than one seat then I guess they should pay for two but why sell him a ticket in the first place?
    Last edited by DolceVita; February 14th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.

Smith, 39, originally purchased two tickets "as he's been known to do when traveling Southwest," the airline noted,
    Once Kevin reached the point where he started buying two tickets for himself that's when he should've realized it was time to start losing weight.

I've seen way fatter than him on flights. Maybe his wife and friends staged an intervention.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I feel bad for him, but if you don't fit then you don't fit. Maybe it's time to think about getting healthy. FWIW he seems big, but not that big.

He needs to stop pointing fingers and just accept the fact that his inability to fit into one seat prevents him from being able to travel when only one is available.

Very large people squeezed into a seat which isn't big enough to accommodate them can present a safety risk to themselves and others in the event of an emergency evacuation as they literally could be blocking the pathway to the exit or be unable to exit themselves. It's one thing when they have the whole row to themselves. It's another when they are crammed into a seat they will have difficulty getting out of, or occupying part of someone else's seat in addition to their own.

I also don't know why he thinks it's okay to occupy not just your own seat but also a portion of the seat that your neighbor is paying for.

Damn he could of sat on my lap! I wouldn't have mind him sitting next to me with his extra bit of love poking at me.

But I do want him to be healthy...

He's big and needs to get it taken care of, but if his side of the story is true, that was ridiculous.

I can't wait to listen to Smodcast today...it's gonna be a good one!
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

Here's a recap of the twitter clusterfuck. I can see how some people might get ejected from a flight for being too large but I don't think he's above that threshold. Some people need to get the fuck over the fact that there are fat travelers... none them deserve to be treated like subhumans.

Update: The Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat-Flight Tweakout of Epic Proportion - Kevin Smith - Gawker

And yes, we all want Kevin to get healthy..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I've been on planes with people much bigger than he is

I saw someone bigger than me on THAT flight! But I wasn't (2/2) about to throw a fellow Fatty under the plane as I'm being profiled. But he & I made eye contact, & he was like "Please don't tell..."

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information