Actress Elisha Cuthbert says she'll be rooting for a chinook, but preparing for whatever Calgary's temperamental weather throws at her on Nov. 28, when she leads the Grey Cup Festival parade through the downtown.Named the grand marshal of the parade Friday morning by Grey Cup Festival organizers, the Calgaryborn actress will bring both Alberta heritage and Hollywood glamour to the proceedings. She's also hoping to bring good weather.
"I think I'm knowledgeable enough to know that the Calgary weather is unpredictable," she said in an interview from sunny Los Angeles. "Of course, I am hoping for a chinook and great weather. But look, whatever happens that day is going to happen. And I'll do what I can to accommodate Mother Nature."
"I consider myself a resident, I spend a large portion of my time in Calgary," she says. "It definitely feels like home to me. I love the city and I've grown a new appreciation for it over the last two years. I still have my home here in California and for work purposes need to come back whenever work calls. But when I'm not busy here in L.A., I would much rather be in Calgary, that's for sure."

Elisha Cuthbert to add sparkle to Calgary's Grey Cup parade