Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Travolta breaks down in tears during first TV interview since son Jett's death

Default John Travolta breaks down in tears during first TV interview since son Jett's death

John Travolta broke down in tears on a chat show in his first television interview since the death of his son Jett.
    The actor was overcome as he thanked fans for their support in the wake of the tragedy.
    Jett, 16, died in January after suffering a fatal seizure at the family holiday home in the Bahamas.
    Travolta wiped away the tears as he told chat show host Ellen DeGeneres how the family had been strengthened by countless messages of support.

Emotional: The tears flowed as John Travolta introduced daughter Ella Bleu to Ellen DeGeneres in his first interview since the death of son Jett

Accompanied by his nine-year-old daughter Ella Bleu, he said: 'I just want to take one moment to thank each and every one of you throughout this country, throughout the world, for all your support and all your love for our family. Thank you very much.'
    His emotions were also close to the surface as Travolta introduced his daughter, who stars with him in the upcoming Disney film Old Dogs, for her first talk show appearance.
    Telling the audience of his pride in Ella, he said: 'I'm holding back the tears.
    'No, really you're not,' quipped host Miss DeGeneres, offering him a box of tissues.
    Travolta's actress wife Kelly Preston also appears in the film, which also stars Robin Williams.

Holding back the tears: Travolta and daughter Ella, who stars with him in the Disney film Old Dogs

We're here for you: John Travolta with chat show host Ellen DeGeneres

Travolta, known for his classic movie performances in Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction, pulled out of a publicity tour for his last film, The Taking of Pelham 123, in the wake of his son's death.
    Speaking of how he dealt with the tragedy, Travolta, a Scientologist, said grief counselling through his church had been a help.
    He said that he had also taken up tennis, admitting that he even plays in the dead of night. 'I play every day,' he said.
    'I play at midnight, kind of vampire-style with members of our staff.
    'The house manager and the house maintenance person. At midnight, we go to the local tennis court.'

Laughter after the tears: Travolta told Ellen he played tennis at night 'vampire style' with his staff

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1227466/John-Travolta-breaks-tears-TV-interview-son-Jetts-tragic-death.html#ixzz0WlL2ZOTK

Wow, I feel for him...I really hope he can get through this...

I thought 'The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 had already been released.

He comes across as being sincere. I feel for anyone who loses a child. Still it's hard for me to take anyone involved in scientology at face value. I wish he would break away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyka View Post
    He comes across as being sincere. I feel for anyone who loses a child. Still it's hard for me to take anyone involved in scientology at face value. I wish he would break away.
    yeah you would think if anything would make him give up that phony "religion" it would be this. I don't think he'll ever get over this
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

I'm sure its very hard to be out there, having to deal w/this so publically.....
    Yet, I have a hard time w/the Cult too. I just wonder what is really going on behind closed doors w/all of it. Its so fucked up.

I like John, hope he's doing ok.

You know, even though he's a total Scientolofreak, you have to feel for him as a parent. I could not imagine my child dying. It's really sad.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Yeah murder is a bitch, ain't it you old queen? just eats you up inside.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyka View Post
    Sigh, me too. I was really hoping he'd break away because of this and his whole involvement with the church was silent for a while. Now, they're coming out with all this crap about how the church has helped him and it's making me even more sad for his closet ass.

that's got to be awful. i really feel for him.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I hate $cientology too and condemn his decision to stay where it affected his son but even so I feel badly for him. He must be eaten up inside with guilt and he seems so broken. That's incredibly sad to me and I can't help but feel for him.

I hope he breaks away too.

i dont get where this sympathy is coming from. His stupid cult shit killed his kid. He chose to let it happen.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I'm sure its very hard to be out there, having to deal w/this so publically.....
    Yet, I have a hard time w/the Cult too. I just wonder what is really going on behind closed doors w/all of it. Its so fucked up.

I like John, hope he's doing ok.
    I wonder if he's being blackmailed and that is why he
    can't leave the cult. We have all read how they manipulate
    their members, so maybe he is afraid of what they will do to
    him if he ups and leave...

Sucks that he lost his kid, no parent should suffer through that. But he should've put the welfare of his family before the CO$.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    i dont get where this sympathy is coming from. His stupid cult shit killed his kid. He chose to let it happen.
    For me, it's sympathy for a broken man drowning in his own grief and guilt over his kid's death. I think he knows he was responsible. His remorse is palpable even if it's true he is too weak to walk away from the cult. I'm not disputing his character flaws and severe shortcomings but I just don't like to kick someone in so much pain already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information