Thread: Shakira says it's 'hard to explain' She Wolf lyrics

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Shakira says it's 'hard to explain' She Wolf lyrics

Shakira wasn't afraid to get a little wacky when it came to the lyrics on She Wolf. But the international songstress admits that kookier lyrics are sometimes born out of necessity in order to make the song work.

For instance, on the track "Long Time," when she sings, "I'm so happy I should get sued," she insists that the lyric made sense because of the song's rhyming scheme. "Maybe it rhymed," she told MTV News. "It's hard to explain your own lyrics, you know."

On "Mon Amour," she vows, "Hope the French fleas eat you both alive," but said there's no harm meant in the song. "I was just fantasizing about fleas in France eating them both alive," she simply stated.

"This album has been written from a very feminine perspective. I think maybe because I feel more like a woman today ... I guess this album contains a lot of the emotions that a woman experiments when you're in love or out of love jealousy, fantasies, daydreams," she continued. "I even spoke a little about friends of mine girlfriends of mine that I see struggling with their own romantic lives ... how hard it is for girls to find the right guy."

The song that covers this topic best is "Men in This Town." In it, Shakira sings about looking all over and still not finding the right guy. However, don't mistake the Matt Damon name-check as a jab.

"I know Matt Damon," she said about the lyric, "Matt Damon's not meant for me. "I know him and his wife. It's all good. This is a song and Damon really rhymed with the other word. Matt Damon is actually a terrific dude I'm saying it in a good way. What I'm actually saying is there aren't many great guys out there and Matt Damon is one of them. I love Matt Damon. He's so great. He's a good sport too."

mtv

I hate this song.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    I hate this song.
    me too.

This new record is really disappointing lyrically and in every way. She has some little puns but compared to even the earlier english stuff it is really bad. There is no emotion.

Her music used to have an impact on me. When I listen to her in spanish I get what she is saying even when I don't know the language. Something with this electro thing just didn't work. If you listen to "Donde estan los landrones" record every song is good and thought out. She wolf has a record full of fillers.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

She's really awful...at least the songs I've heard.

Her music has really gone downhill since 'Laundry Service'. The video to 'Shewolf' looked like an 80's video. Also, has she had plastic surgery, she just looks really different in the face to me.

Quote Originally Posted by clairescavys View Post
    Her music has really gone downhill since 'Laundry Service'. The video to 'Shewolf' looked like an 80's video. Also, has she had plastic surgery, she just looks really different in the face to me.
    I guess she has had a nose job and her lips looked filled and looked quite bad before this record came out but now they seem to look quite normal.

SVZ

I dont think she's has a nosejob, she's always had the perfect nose according to some plastic surgeons.

Oh, I checked and her nose was a little wider only in the really early pictures, so no nosejob. My bad

I just had the feeling that I had seen her with a different nose but it was just before growing up when we usually have different kind of features.

I've always enjoyed her lyrically and in interviews because English is not her first language - it causes her sentence construction to be quite interesting and thought-provoking. That being said, I haven't heard anything off her new album that I like...and I really wanted to!
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

this woman writes the worst lyrics ever.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I kinda like She Wolf. Its a stupid song and the video is terrible but I like it. Its like a throwback to Thriller, especially since it came out around Halloween. However, her dancing, FOR ONCE, was putrid. She looked like a combination of a robot and Beyonce in the Beautiful Liar video. What in the World happened?

Thread Information