Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leading Egyptologist attacks Beyonce for lack of interest at the Pyramids

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Leading Egyptologist attacks Beyonce for lack of interest at the Pyramids

BEYONCE has come under fire for her lack of knowledge about ancient Egypt - by the country's INDIANA JONES.

Revered historian Zahi Hawass, Egypt’s chief Egyptologist, reportedly called the pop star a "stupid person" while speaking to journalists during Beyonce's recent tour of the Giza pyramids near Cairo.

Reporter Summer al-Gamal says Hawass, who claims he inspired Harrison Ford's Raiders of The Lost Ark character, was annoyed by the pop star’s apparent lack of interest as she toured the ancient site.

According to Gamal, Hawass said, "I showed her the Sphinx and I gave her a book on King Tutankhamen," during his self-guided tour.

The reporter says, "Then he stopped being diplomatic and said in anger, 'She’s a stupid person and she doesn’t understand a thing and she doesn’t want to understand... She’s coming here to take pictures and that’s it.'"

Gamal has reported Hawass' comments in the al-Shorouk newspaper.
    The leading Egyptologist has yet to comment about the story.

Beyonce Knowles - Leading Egyptologist Attacks Beyonce For Lack Of Interest At The Pyramids - Contactmusic News

Oh yeah.. this will be good!
    Boycotting The Ravens!!!

Lol..was she supposed to suck his dick because he gave her a book?! I don't like the bitch,but jeez..
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

'She’s a stupid person and she doesn’t understand a thing and she doesn’t want to understand... She’s coming here to take pictures and that’s it.'"

*runs off to research my new favorite person, Egyptologist Zahi Hawass*

I don't like her either, but if she wants to be interested or not, that's her business. Maybe she doesn't find the Sphinx or King Tut interesting.

But the Chief Egyptologist of the country wouldn't have been giving Beezlebub a personal tour if she wasn't a celebrity. So, even if she wasn't interested, she should've acted as if she was. But since the Pyramids and the Sphinx aren't 'art' like her Single Ladies video she wasn't interested.

Was she there to see the pyramids, or was she there on business? I agree she's stupid. but if she wasn't there to learn about them, then what did he expect her to do?
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Hmmm maybe she did feign intrest but it wasn't enough for this guy. I doubt she was rude about it. If she was obviously rude that's one thing, but it sounds like she just wasn't animated enough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    But the Chief Egyptologist of the country wouldn't have been giving Beezlebub a personal tour if she wasn't a celebrity. So, even if she wasn't interested, she should've acted as if she was. But since the Pyramids and the Sphinx aren't 'art' like her Single Ladies video she wasn't interested.
    Maybe, he offered her a personal tour..and she agreed to it so she wouldn't insult him. And he thinks he is a celeb in his on right.
    Boycotting The Ravens!!!

Maybe she WAS interested, but because she didn't wet herself or weep openly at the sight of the pyramids, he took that as disinterest. Or perhaps he was infuriated that she didn't immediately drop to the ground and lick his boots at the mere sight of his majesty. It said she was there to take pictures, does that mean on the private tour or a photo shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Maybe, he offered her a personal tour..and she agreed to it so she wouldn't insult him. And he thinks he is a celeb in his on right.
    In Egypt, he's a revered historian, so he is a celebrity in his own right. Since the Egyptian government is allowing her to perform in their country, the least she could do is pretend to be interested when they take her on the typical press tour of their historical sites. The Egyptologist probably felt like she insulted their country since he was the one stuck giving her the tour.

I'm a little bit familiar with this guy and not a fan. For one thing, he's made more than one anti-Semitic public statement, then tried to backpedal (weakly). For another, he is extremely controlling and rigid and old-fashioned about the pyramids. Some of the theories out there are a bit extreme (space aliens and whatnot), but OTOH, there is quite a bit of geological evidence that goes against the older ideas that Hawass and other conservative Egyptologists adhere to, as well as some rather amazing mathematical and astrological properties that are imo foolish to dismiss as he does.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Hit By Ban Bus!

Umm, maybe she shouldn't GO to the fucking pyramids for a guided tour and waste the valuable time of others if she doesn't give a shit? What's the point? It's insulting to the dedicated professionals who have made this their life's work to have to to give a vacuous, spoiled, stupid, eye-rolling diva that much time out of their day.

Hit By Ban Bus!

All I can say is UNGRATEFUL BITCH. At least show interest out of politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ... The Egyptologist probably felt like she insulted their country since he was the one stuck giving her the tour.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he jumped at the chance. He strikes me as a bit of a fame whore. Maybe I am being unfair- as Egypt's foremost authority on the subject, he would be the first person producers consult- but he sure never seems to pass up the chance to be on television. I could be wrong.

I could easily believe Beyonce showed little interest. I could also believe DeChayz is right:

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Maybe she WAS interested, but because she didn't wet herself or weep openly at the sight of the pyramids, he took that as disinterest. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information