Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German man charged with trying to extort $100,000 from Cindy Crawford and husband

Default German man charged with trying to extort $100,000 from Cindy Crawford and husband

MSNBC.com
    Documents say Cindy Crawford extortion target

Nanny’s acquaintance allegedly threatened to sell photo of bound child
    The Associated Press
    updated 2:43 p.m. PT, Thurs., Nov . 12, 2009

LOS ANGELES - A German man was charged Thursday with trying to extort $100,000 from former supermodel Cindy Crawford and her entrepreneur husband Rande Gerber over a photo of their daughter bound to a chair and gagged, authorities said.

Edis Kayalar, 26, has not yet been arrested. He was recently deported to Germany and believed to be in Stuttgart, authorities said.

He was charged with one count of extortion. If convicted, he could face up to two years in prison. It was not clear if he has an attorney in the U.S.

The photo was purportedly taken by the couple's former nanny and shows the girl, then 7, bound to a chair wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

The daughter told her parents, who were unaware of the photo, that the nanny took the picture as part of a "cops and robbers" game, according to an affidavit filed in the case.

The nanny, whose name wasn't released, has not been charged.

Kayalar allegedly took the photo from the nanny and repeatedly sought to get money from Crawford and Gerber, court documents said.

Kayalar threatened to sell or release the photo to the media if his demands weren't met, the affidavit said.

Crawford's spokeswoman Annett Wolf issued a statement saying, "Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford intend to pursue any and all available legal action against anyone who aids the perpetrator in the distribution or sale of the photograph of their daughter."

Crawford, who divorced actor Richard Gere in 1995, married Gerber in 1998. They have two children.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: Documents say Cindy Crawford extortion target - Celebrities- msnbc.com

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2009 MSNBC.com

Cops and robbers game? Interesting...

^^I thought that was a little odd, too...

That nanny was totally involved. Some people will do anything for the almighty $$.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    That nanny was totally involved.
    Absolutely they were in cahoots together. What kind of a nanny bounds and gags a child as a prank? That poor little girl. I love that their plan backfired and at the very least he's looking at 2 years in the slammer.

Ummm, bound and gagged?? If that nanny is involved, I would stop at nothing as a parent to get her indicted too. Jesus.

People are so stupid.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Cindy Crawford almost extorted for pictures of her daughter bound and gagged

Former supermodel Cindy Crawford went to the cops after a creepy German model named Kayalar tried to extort $100,000 from her in exchange for pictures he had of Cindy’s 7-year-old daughter Kaia “in revealing clothing, bound to a chair and gagged.”
    The photograph is said to be stolen from Crawford’s former nanny who had been dating Kayalar. The nanny claims it was taken during a game of cops and robbers.
    Kayalar said he saw the picture once at her apartment, an FBI affidavit says. The nanny told him it was Crawford’s daughter and boasted, “Do you know how much this picture is worth?”
    According to Kayalar, he took the photograph along with a hand-written note that said, “The babysitter went crazy & tied everyone up& they need your help! Please.” (It’s the note she would have used as part of the prank).
    Initially, Kayalar claimed he was broke and asked for a reward for returning the photo. Naturally, Cindy told the cops and the they picked up Kayalar and sent him to immigration who threw him out of the country. It didn’t stop there though, Kayalar is now trying to blackmail Crawford again by threatening to sell the pictures to tabloids if $100,000 isn’t wired to his German bank account. No money has been wired and the FBI is still searching for him.
    http://theblemish.com/2009/11/cindy-...nd-and-gagged/

7-year-old daughter Kaia “in revealing clothing, bound to a chair and gagged.”
    The photograph is said to be stolen from Crawford’s former nanny who had been dating Kayalar. The nanny claims it was taken during a game of cops and robbers.

What the hell kind of cops and robbers was this?
    gross

WTF? Who really bounds and gags a kid during cops and robbers? That part should be acted out at the most, or skipped completely.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

*8*
    Silver Member

Are the cops investigating whoever took that picture?

What the FUCK?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by *8* View Post
    Are the cops investigating whoever took that picture?
    What for?

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    What for?
    For being a creepy fuck?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    For being a creepy fuck?
    What?
    When I was a kid cowboys and indians were great fun. With the totempole we tied each other to when got captured. Sadly we didn't have a digital camera and developing cost a lot otherwise we would have lots of pics.

Oh, sorry, I don't live in the creepy, oversensitive puritan world that reads monstrosity into everything because of the effeing media hype.
    sure some kids are abused but not every. If Cindy doesn't have a problem with it (except for someone trying to blackmail her) why do you? Or did I miss something? Does she think her daughter is a victim? Or she is a creepy fuck as well, who's actually a paedophile?

Revealing clothes... yeah, I guess she's in her PJs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information