Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gore Vidal calls Roman Polanski's victim a hooker

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Gore Vidal calls Roman Polanski's victim a hooker

Author Gore Vidal says he refuses to feel any sympathy for Roman Polanski’s rape victim, whom he dubs a “hooker.”
    In an interview with The Atlantic, the controversial 83-year-old author of such books as “Myra Breckinridge” and “1876” says of the director’s sex scandal, “I really don’t give a [expletive]. Look am I going to sit and weep every time a young hooker feels as though she’s being taken advantage of?”
    The young woman to whom he is referring is Samantha Geimer, who was a 13-year-old aspiring model in 1977 when she was drugged and raped by Polanski.
    Vidal went on to say that the media pushed an inaccurate image of Geimer, painting her as an innocent victim as opposed to what he believes to be her true identity.
    Click here to read the interview in The Atlantic.
    “I was in the middle of all that,” he says of the scandal. “Back then, we all were. Everybody knew everybody else. There was a totally different story at the time that doesn’t resemble anything that we’re now being told.”
    Worse, Vidal claims that it is the media’s vehement “anti-Semitic and anti-fag thing” that led to the persecution of Polanski, who is Jewish and was born in Poland.
    “The media can’t get anything straight … The idea that this girl was in her communion dress, a little angel all in white, being raped by this awful Jew, ‘Polacko’ – that’s what people were calling him – well, the story is totally different now from what it was then … Anti-Semitism got poor Polanski.”
    Polanski, now 76, was arrested in Switzerland last month and is pending extradition. He has been living in France since he fled the U.S. in 1978, a year after pleading guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with an underage girl.
    The director of such classic films as "Chinatown" and "Rosemary's Baby" has asked a U.S. appeals court in California to overturn a judges' refusal to throw out his case. He claims misconduct by the now-deceased judge who had arranged a plea bargain and then reneged on it.
    Just three days ago, Geimer, now 46, asked the court to drop all charges against the director, claiming that the unwanted publicity has harmed her health, work and family.Author Gore Vidal says he refuses to feel any sympathy for Roman Polanski’s rape victim, whom he dubs a “hooker.”
    In an interview with The Atlantic, the controversial 83-year-old author of such books as “Myra Breckinridge” and “1876” says of the director’s sex scandal, “I really don’t give a [expletive]. Look am I going to sit and weep every time a young hooker feels as though she’s being taken advantage of?”
    The young woman to whom he is referring is Samantha Geimer, who was a 13-year-old aspiring model in 1977 when she was drugged and raped by Polanski.
    Vidal went on to say that the media pushed an inaccurate image of Geimer, painting her as an innocent victim as opposed to what he believes to be her true identity.
    “I was in the middle of all that,” he says of the scandal. “Back then, we all were. Everybody knew everybody else. There was a totally different story at the time that doesn’t resemble anything that we’re now being told.”
    Worse, Vidal claims that it is the media’s vehement “anti-Semitic and anti-fag thing” that led to the persecution of Polanski, who is Jewish and was born in Poland.
    “The media can’t get anything straight … The idea that this girl was in her communion dress, a little angel all in white, being raped by this awful Jew, ‘Polacko’ – that’s what people were calling him – well, the story is totally different now from what it was then … Anti-Semitism got poor Polanski.”
    Polanski, now 76, was arrested in Switzerland last month and is pending extradition. He has been living in France since he fled the U.S. in 1978, a year after pleading guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with an underage girl.
    The director of such classic films as "Chinatown" and "Rosemary's Baby" has asked a U.S. appeals court in California to overturn a judges' refusal to throw out his case. He claims misconduct by the now-deceased judge who had arranged a plea bargain and then reneged on it.
    Just three days ago, Geimer, now 46, asked the court to drop all charges against the director, claiming that the unwanted publicity has harmed her health, work and family.
    Yeah, ok, it's an anti-semetic conspiracy combined with the 13-year-old being a hooker. Let's amp up the crazy, asshole.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fuck you gore vidal! and i'd like to preface that by saying, "who in the fuck is gore vidal anyways?!"

way to get your no-name in the news again shit-for-brains.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; October 30th, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

I love Gore Vidal but he is such a bitch

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Wow, I used to like Gore Vidal, but what an asshole. I don't care if she was a prostitute. When you are only 13 you have no idea what is really right or wrong in the sexual world. Everything is so confusing for young girls. She, however was not a prostitute, she was a young girl with big dreams. She and her mother went about achieving them the wrong way.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Wow. Gore Vidal just jumped the shark. Polanski flees the country after drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl, and Vidal sums it up by calling the girl a hooker and the charges part of a anti-semetic conspiracy.

And the girl's statement to the police 30-plus years ago detailed the same story that we know now.

Oh,yeah. There are so many 13 year old hookers. Get real,you old goat!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Gore Vidal calls Roman Polanski's victim 'a hooker'

Author Gore Vidal says he refuses to feel any sympathy for Roman Polanski’s rape victim, whom he dubs a “hooker.”
    SLIDESHOW: Anatomy of the Roman Polanski Sex Scandal
    Just three days ago, Geimer, now 46, asked the couhttp://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/10/30/gore-vidal-thirteen-year-old-roman-polanski-rape-victim-was-a-hooker/

I know he's old, senile, bitter and batshit insane but this is still bloody irritating.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I bet he was rooting for Harvey Keitel's character in "Taxi Driver", too.

Gore Vidal has always been an a-hole. I hope he gets the scorching public opprobrium that he is richly due for these irresponsible, nonsensical, insulting comments.

Even if she HAD been a hooker, which she wasn't, rape is rape. No is no. Gore is a suppurating dickhole.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I bet he was rooting for Harvey Keitel's character in "Taxi Driver", too.

Gore Vidal has always been an a-hole. I hope he gets the scorching public opprobrium that he is richly due for these irresponsible, nonsensical, insulting comments.

You're right. Assholes (birds of a feather) stick together.

^^Well, actually, sadly, there are, but this girl wasn't one of them. And even if she had been a hooker, that doesn't mean that she didn't get raped. Hookers get to say no, too. Just like wives.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I hope this old fucker dies alone in his apartment and becomes Fancy Feast for his cat, jackoff. He needs to keep his wadcatcher shut.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

"who in the fuck is gore vidal anyways?!"
    I think he's way wrong here, but that statement is just ignorant.

Elite Member

First to all the gents on this forum my statement in no way reflects upon you, your character or integrity. Most of you have proven to have common sense, and a sense of dignity.

But...in my life experience...

This is so typical of the male psych, which leads directly to their penis. Females are a hole to plug and fetchers for their inability to find their socks, which have been in the same drawer for years.

Bronze Member

^ Vidal is gay.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information