Thread: Police help Dennis Quaid avoid a possible DUI

Default Police help Dennis Quaid avoid a possible DUI

Best Celebrity Gossip Blog - The Latest Celeb News & Pictures - I'm Not Obsessed

Last night Dennis Quaid and his wife were out at Philippe restaurant and things nearly took a bad turn. According to TMZ, Dennis had just got in his car and moved about a foot when a cop car pulled up and urged him not drive.

Dennis responded that he didn't want to drive. The cop repeatedly said, "Get out of the car." Quaid responds, "What do you want me to do." Quaid then asked the cop if they could go back inside the restaurant and the cop said yes.

They apparently went inside the restaurant and called for a cab. TMZ has video of Dennis coming back to pick up his car today.

Do you think it's right that he wasn't arrested? I mean, he was behind the wheel and allegedly moved the vehicle. Do you think they would've been this lenient with just anyone? I bet Dennis is pretty grateful for it.

I saw the video on TMZ's tv show...they were wasted.

And yes, they could've arrested him, but it doesn't bother me that they gave him a break.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I need more clarification. Did this cop know it was quaid in that car? What prompted the cop to do that, was quaid visibly intoxicated?

Would he have done the same for any other person?

Weird situation don't know how it would play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I saw the video on TMZ's tv show...they were wasted.

And yes, they could've arrested him, but it doesn't bother me that they gave him a break.
    Ok, cool, that clarifies things.

So did they know who quaid was? And would they have done the same for anyone else?

Then, not cool.

A good friend of mine got LUUUUUUUUUUCKY one night. She was driving home completely annihilated one night from a party and a cop pulled her over. He had her do all of these tests, like walking a straight line, following his finger/pen with her eyes, saying the alphabet backwards (which she claims she did!) and finally ended up breathalyzing her- which obviously she was WAY over the limit.

Anyways the cop explained that he had seen her leave and caught her before she could travel too far, she had maybe traveled a total of less than a block. He told her to call a friend and have them pick her up and that he would return in fifteen minutes and that if her car wasn't there he'd put a warrant out for her arrest.

Needless to say she called a friend! Meh, she's lucky and all but that was a rather stupid move coming from a cop. Maybe it's the way she was dressed, maybe she was flirting, maybe he was in a good mood? I don't know but all I know is fuck that shit! I'm guilty of driving tipsy/drunk in the past but never again. I don't feel like having my life thrown away or risking killing someone because of a bad decision I made that could have completely been avoided.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Talk about reckless behavior!!! This really makes me mad. I like Dennis too. He made a really bad decision, really bad and his wife is just as bad. Thank God they didnt get on the road and harm or kill someone
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

That sucks. I work for insurance lawyers and in one case a guy got in his car drunk and travelled less than 5 metres straight into 2 kids on the footpath, giving one of them a serious brain injury.

Nobody who gets behind the wheel drunk should get a free pass.

Thread Information