Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housewives' Bethenny Frankel is engaged – for real!

fgg

Default Housewives' Bethenny Frankel is engaged – for real!

Housewives' Bethenny Frankel Is Engaged – For Real!

By Liz McNeil
    Originally posted Saturday October 17, 2009 01:15 PM EDT

Photo by: Dimitrios Kambouris / WireImage
    Bethenny Frankel can officially change her status from single girl to engaged girl.

Although it was reported that The Real Housewives of New York City star and boyfriend Jason Hoppy got engaged over the summer, Frankel confirms to PEOPLE she accepted Hoppy's proposal on Oct. 8 after an 11-month courtship.

"It feels great, because I'm with the right person," says Frankel, 38. "He's may be regretting it because it's been beyond a week and he's in panic mode – [but] no, we're enjoying it."

Adds Hoppy, 38, "She is very much a handful but one thing she did say to me is she needs a man that can handle her and that I can."

In fact, Hoppy caught the usually unflappable Frankel off guard with his proposal – and even managed to include her beloved dog in on the plan.

Candlelight, Roses and Clean-Up Duty

After a day of shooting Housewives and promoting her Skinny Girl Margaritas, Frankel arrived home to her Upper East Side apartment to find over a hundred lit votive candles and rose petals strewn across the darkened hallway.

With Frankel's Lhasa mix pooch Cookie (dressed for the occasion in a pink bow) as witness, Hoppy got down on one knee and told her: "You are the love of my life. Will you marry me?"

Hoppy then presented Frankel with an 8-carat sparkler with a 6 ½-carat pear-shaped center stone flanked by two side stones from Manhattan jeweler Kristin Farrell.

Before the couple celebrated their engagement with a seven-course tasting menu at Manhattan restaurant Jean Georges, the first order of business was cleaning up the rose petals from Frankel's camel-colored carpet with Resolve.

Frankel jokes, "I made him pick them up. This was the first thing we had to resolve."

The couple, who first met in December 2008 at Tenjune nightclub, have not set a wedding date yet.

Hate the ring, but it's nice she found love. If I remember correctly, she's really wanted to get married and have kids.

I hope he can handle her as she seems like a handful. I like her tho and hope they have a happy life together. i dont care for the ring either
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

czb

the ring is but i'm glad that bethenny is engaged. hope this guy treats her well.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Hate the ring, but it's nice she found love. If I remember correctly, she's really wanted to get married and have kids.
    Pushing 40? Better get cracking. No long engagement.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well, I'm sure they're humping furiously as we speak.

Maybe they should be injecting fertilized embryos.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

^ I'm going to assume you are joking. 38 is not old.. LOL

I don't like the ring either. Yuck.

Maybe, maybe not. It's not young either. Not if we're talking baby-making. She better get on with the breeding, stat.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ewww that ring is disgusting!

After a day of shooting Housewives and promoting her Skinny Girl Margaritas, Frankel arrived home to her Upper East Side apartment to find over a hundred lit votive candles and rose petals strewn across the darkened hallway.
    I'm sorry but I would not be able to enjoy this romantic gesture because I'd be freaking out about starting a fire in my apartment lol. Having said that: congrats, your ring is ugly.

Bronze Member

Was it caught on camera?
    That would be a little too convenient.

ShibaJonz

That's a nice size rock.
    Too bad Lindsay can't smoke it.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I'm sorry but I would not be able to enjoy this romantic gesture because I'd be freaking out about starting a fire in my apartment lol. Having said that: congrats, your ring is ugly.
    She was more worried about the petals staining her white carpet to worry about a stinking fire...

Really though, broadcasting the proposal takes all the romance out! I do like that her dog was involved, that's pretty cute!

Just found this lil tidbit on Perez' site:

Sperminated!!!!

Filed under: Exclusives! > Baby Blabber
    Oops!
    We just outscooped her on her own scoop!
    Real Housewives of New York star Bethenny Frankel announced over the weekend that she was engaged to some loser no one really cares about.
    BUT, what she didn't reveal is that she's also pregnant!!!!
    Yup, sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that Bethenny, pushing 40, is expecting her first child. No doubt she was hoping to sell that story to some tabloid.
    Sorry!
    A source very close to Frankel, who is getting her own spin-off show on Bravo, tells us: "Bethenny premeditated all of this! She got pregnant and got engaged all for her own show."
    No shit!
    Congrats anyways!
    Last edited by Laxmobster; October 19th, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

fgg

Housewives’ Bethenny Frankel Expecting Baby No. 1!

Oct 20, 2009 by DESIREE
    A recently engaged Bethenny Frankel has revealed to PEOPLE exclusively that she and fiancé Jason Hoppy are expecting their first child.

The news of her pregnancy, which is just two months along, leaked a little earlier than she’d hoped due to some buzz on Perez Hilton: “It’s premature to be telling people this,” she told PEOPLE while fighting back tears. “It’s not like, ‘Did I Get Botox’ It’s not the way I wanted it to get out. I haven’t even gone through my first trimester. We haven’t even heard the heartbeat. My [fiancé’s] parents didn’t even know.”

Though the 38-year-old reality star had hoped to keep her news secret a little while longer, she and Jason are “both so excited”, but because it’s so early she is “praying everything is okay”.

The Housewives’ star admits that, at less than two months pregnant, her appetite has already started to change: “I’m hungry in a way that is not negotiable. I’m not eating tremendous amount[s] but if I am hungry, I will stab someone for food.”

She goes on to say that she ate a jar of pickles before she’d even taken a pregnancy test: “That’s so cliché. I just want salt. Salt on everything.”

Best wishes to Bethenny for a healthy pregnancy!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information