Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Charles and 'an old bag' pop down to the supermarket

Default Prince Charles and 'an old bag' pop down to the supermarket

Game for a laugh: The Duchess of Cornwall holds up a bag she was given as a gift after a visit to a 999 Club in Deptford, south-east London

She may have preferred a posh handbag from Harrods, but good sport Duchess of Cornwall did not moan yesterday when she was handed a reusable bag... with 'old bag' written on it.
    Thankfully Camilla saw the funny side of the joke and laughed off any suggestions that at 62, and two years older than Prince Charles, she's over the hill.
    Instead, the evergreen Duchess of Cornwall was keen to show her sporty side and she showed off her credentials by beating a younger opponent at a fun game of ping-pong.
    And if that wasn't tiring enough, Camilla also completed a supermarket dash of her local Waitrose to do their bit for her husband's struggling Duchy Originals brand.

Yesterday, on a busy day of public engagements, she shelled out £28.49 for a basketful of groceries from her husband's Duchy Originals brand.
    She even managed to crack a smile later when handed a bag that implied she was... well... an old bag.
    But when challenged to a game of table tennis she refused to play nice, even though her opponent was just ten.
    With bat in hand and pearls swinging, the Duchess of Cornwall smashed Emmanuel Theophilus from Camberwell, South London.
    He admitted he was thoroughly outplayed. 'She was brilliant,' he said. 'I was playing my best.'
    Camilla and Prince Charles began their day with a visit to the Belgravia branch of Waitrose, to publicise its deal with Duchy Originals which injects money into the struggling brand.

Camilla hands over the cash at the Waitrose in Belgravia as Prince Charles looks on
    Enlarge
    Prince who knows his potatoes: Charles inspects the vegetables

Enlarge
    Enlarge
    Basket case: A Royal aide carries the couple's goods as the Duchess of Cornwall tries some cheese

Cheese please: Charles and Camilla inspect the Waitrose range

The Prince checks out how well his Duchy Original cumberland sausages are displayed

The flying Duchess: Camilla reacts as she plays table tennis with children

They then headed to the Kids Company charity in South London where the ping pong thrashing took place.
    They ended up at the 999 Club in South-East London, which provides facilities for vulnerable locals, where someone gave Camilla the bag which said 'I'm An Old Bag from Deptford'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212403/Waitrose-saves-Prince-Charless-food-firm-financial-collapse.html#ixzz0QlAvWoJX

It's so refreshing to see a woman who actually looks her age!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think she looks pretty here.

i like camilla. i think she looks like she'd be fun.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^

That's the vibe I get from her as well. She's someone I could have a drink with.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I agree with the posts about her so far. She seems to be a polite lady that could be a lot of fun behind the scenes.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I really like Camilla. She seems like a fun person. I've always liked her, Charles too. She looks very pretty in these pics.

A*O

I like her too. She seems to be a very down Earth type with no airs and graces and she and Chazza seem very happy at last. I also admire the fact she has never publicly commented on her personal life (unlike the blessed Diana) although I'm sure she's been sorely tempted to put the record straight on numerous occasions. I know the Di Hards will never forgive her for being The Other Woman but Diana is dead now so it's irrelevant. When the time comes I will be happy to have Camilla as my queen because I think she'll do a great job.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Aw, Camilla looks so cute here
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I like her, too. I love her shopping bag!

Elite Member

Charles has a look on his face like he's never been in a supermarket in his life.

I think it's possible to have liked Lady Di and like Camilla. They seem happy and she seems like she has a bawdy sense of humor which I just love!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I like her too. She seems to be a very down Earth type with no airs and graces and she and Chazza seem very happy at last. I also admire the fact she has never publicly commented on her personal life (unlike the blessed Diana) although I'm sure she's been sorely tempted to put the record straight on numerous occasions. I know the Di Hards will never forgive her for being The Other Woman but Diana is dead now so it's irrelevant. When the time comes I will be happy to have Camilla as my queen because I think she'll do a great job.
    A*O, the Editor of The Sun newspaper has gone on the record that he and Camilla had weekly chats for years where she 'briefed him' on Charles' side of the marriage to Diana. That's hardly not commenting. It's also not as though she didn't have an axe to grind.

camilla looks nice here.. she seems good natured

prince charles looks totally confused...

Camilla is one of the few women that look better when they age.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information