Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilary Swank felt ‘no spark’ with then-married agent boyfriend, despite affair

Default Hilary Swank felt ‘no spark’ with then-married agent boyfriend, despite affair

Hilary Swank felt ‘no spark’ with then-married boyfriend, despite affair

I hope I’m not alone, but I have very mixed feelings about Hilary Swank. On one side, I really like her. She’s a gifted actress with a hard-scrabble background, who has worked her ass off in an industry that rewards people like Gwyneth Paltrow. Swank has received the Best Actress Oscar not once, but twice… which shows she has a significant fan base within Hollywood. People who work with her always talk about her great work ethic, and her lack of affectation.

On the other hand, I tend to think Hilary is a little over-rated. While she is a gifted dramatic actress, I think she sucks when she does anything else, like comedy or thriller or action. And then there’s everything with Hilary’s personal life - the 9-year marriage to Chad Lowe, the struggle with his addiction, and her 2006 post-split Vanity Fair interview in which she called out Chad’s addictions as the sole reason for their split. While I think Hilary was being honest, the whole thing seemed cheap and without class, in my opinion.

Soon after Hilary and Chad split, she was spotted going out on dates with her agent, John Campisi, who was married at the time. I actually didn’t know that before today - CB just schooled me. I always though John was just some nice, normal, average-looking guy, but it seems he and Hilary totally had some kind of affair. His wife filed for divorce soon after pictures of John and Hilary were taken while they were on some kind of romantic holiday during the summer of 2006. They’ve been dating quietly for more than three years now - and Hilary is opening up about the relationship in a new interview:
    After her 9-year marriage to Chad Lowe ended in 2006, a bummed Hilary Swank needed someone to lean on for support, and that person just happened to be her agent.

Although initially there was “no spark” between the 35-year-old Oscar winnter and John Campisi, in time it became clear there was something there. “What’s interesting is, there was never anything, it wasn’t until we were well into the dissipation of our respective relationships — going through something so difficult at the same time, we became very good friends.”

After they began dating, they opted to nix their professional relationship.

“We became closer and closer. It was so unexpected. We both recognized that if we were going to take the relationship to the next step, we could no longer work together.”

In the few years since they’ve been quietly dating, Swank has grown close to Campisi’s son, Sam, and now is itching to have some of her own.

“I’d most definitely like children of my own. It’s something I’d like to do someday. And when that timing is right I’ll hopefully know it.”
    [From Popeater]

Of all of the actresses who seem to put their careers ahead of everything and everyone else (no judgment, just be honest about it), I tend to think Hilary is the most likely to actually stop working for a few years and actually start a family. Campisi’s son - whom Hilary references - is from his marriage that ended when his affair became public. The child was a toddler when Hilary swooped in, so the kid’s probably five or six years now. If John and Hilary get married, she’ll be a step-mom - and I’ve got wonder if John’s ex-wife likes Hilary talking about her child. I also wonder why they haven’t gotten married yet? Do you think Hilary is gun-shy after Chad Lowe? Or is Campisi the one holding up the works?

The blurry pictures are of Hilary Swank and John Campisi at a party at the Ischia Film Festival on 7/11/07. I hope that fool is drunk. Credit: Fame Pictures. The header and 1 other picture is of Hilary and John at LAX on 4/12/09. Credit: Bauergriffinonline
    Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Hilary Swank felt ‘no spark’ with then-married boyfriend, despite affair

Hilary Swank is the biggest yawnfest, even with this affair and her marriage that broke up because of drugs. She simply doesn't capture even minimal interest for me.

Although initially there was “no spark” between the 35-year-old Oscar winnter and John Campisi, in time it became clear there was something there. “What’s interesting is, there was never anything, it wasn’t until we were well into the dissipation of our respective relationships — going through something so difficult at the same time, we became very good friends.”
    Another liar. Sorry but this is too difficult to believe when you saw the photos (all over the place) at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Hilary Swank is the biggest yawnfest, even with this affair and her marriage that broke up because of drugs. She simply doesn't capture even minimal interest for me.
    Same here. She just doesn't register on my interest radar at all.

I'm pretty sure we saw her this weekend in Sag Harbor hand in hand with another brunette female, hard to say if she was a female pal or new girlfriend.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

She'll always be the single mother that worked at the Peach Pit and dated Steve on 90210. Her acting skills were shit.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I'm pretty sure we saw her this weekend in Sag Harbor hand in hand with another brunette female, hard to say if she was a female pal or new girlfriend.
    There's a blind item floating around and allegedly it's about her and Mariska Hargitay being in a relationship. I wonder if it was Mariska you saw.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Peike View Post
    She'll always be the single mother that worked at the Peach Pit and dated Steve on 90210. Her acting skills were shit.
    That's how I think of her!!!

Plus, I think she's awful to look at.

Quote: Originally Posted by suede

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    There's a blind item floating around and allegedly it's about her and Mariska Hargitay being in a relationship. I wonder if it was Mariska you saw.
    Ooooo. Do these pics look familiar at all to you suede? I tried to look for pictures of her without all the make-up. In an interview before she said that she doesn't wear make-up IRL.

Oooo lookie at this one!

I loved her as the trashy wife in The Gift.

Actually all the people in that movie were great, including a pre-Tom Cruise Katie Holmes as the slutty bratty fiancee of Greg Kinnear.

Hmmm I never heard of Hillary with Mariska but I did read Mariska dated Maria Bello in their ER days.

and I’ve got wonder if John’s ex-wife likes Hilary talking about her child.
    if she's been dating the kid's father for 3 years, why shouldn't she be allowed to say she likes his kid and has grown close to him?

i like hilary.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I really dislike her and her horsey teeth
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

I have never cared for hilary. I think she's overrated as an actress, horse-faced, annoying, and full of herself.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdragon View Post
    I really dislike her and her horsey teeth
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I have never cared for hilary. I think she's overrated as an actress, horse-faced, annoying, and full of herself.
    And this. Even more so after she trashed her ex-husband in that VF interview. Didn't she also forget to thank him in her Oscar speech? Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I loved her as the trashy wife in The Gift.

Actually all the people in that movie were great, including a pre-Tom Cruise Katie Holmes as the slutty bratty fiancee of Greg Kinnear.
    Ok, I love that movie, so I'll give her that.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information