Thread: Lady GaGa: 'My father saved me from a deadly cocaine addiction'

Default Lady GaGa: 'My father saved me from a deadly cocaine addiction'

Lady GaGa: 'My father saved me from a deadly cocaine addiction'

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 12:23 PM on 08th September 2009
    Habit: Lady GaGa revealed she had a serious cocaine habit which she enjoyed solo

Lady GaGa has revealed her tough no-nonsense father save her from drug addiction.
    GaGa admitted spending long periods snorting cocaine alone in her cramped New York apartment, playing music by The Cure.

The Poker Face singer was giving a frank account of her abuse of the Class A drug - and admitted she thought she was going to die - before she became famous.

GaGa, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, said:'My father is a really powerful man, a telecom guy. So he looked at me one day and said, ďYouíre f***iní up, kid.Ē And I looked at him and thought, ďHow does he know that Iím high right now?Ē

'And he never said a word about the drugs, not one word. But he said, ďI just wanna tell you that anyone you meet while youíre like this, and any friend that you make in the future while you are with this thing, you will lose."
    'And we never talked about it again.'
    The 23-year-old began taking cocaine regularly in 2005 after dropping out of a music course at New York University to find fame.
    ďMy cocaine soundtrack was The Cure. I loved all their music, but I listened to this one song on repeat while I did bags and bags of cocaine.
    She said: 'I didnít think there was anything wrong with me until my friends came over and said, ĎAre you doing this alone?í "Um, yes. Me and my mirror".'
    'But I was able to stop, because I was panicking more on the drugs than I was sober. So Iím fine now.
    However she admitted that she still likes to 'party'.
    She told a US website ShockHound: 'I can drink, and Iím not gonna say that I donít party. But itís not everyday, and itís no longer a tool for my creativity.

'The label gets mad at me for talking about it Ė they say, ďWe donít want people to think that youíre not a pop star.Ē But I am a pop star. Iím a pop star with a story!'
    In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine earlier this year, GaGa also said she used drugs to drive the inspiration for her futuristic hair and make-up.

She said: 'It was quite sick. I suppose thatís where the vanity of the album [The Fame] came from.'

She also credits her father, Joseph, with helping her kick the habit, after he told her:
    'Youíre screwing up, kid'. GaGa said: 'We never talked about it again, but I was able to stop.'
    After her confession, GaGa was in good spirits last night when she appeared in a wacky outfit at a party hosted by Dr Dre in Berlin. She wore a latex dress, mask and a Marilyn Monroe wig.

Wacky style: GaGa said she used drugs to inspire her off the wall looks

Read more: Lady GaGa:'My father saved me from a deadly cocaine addiction' | Mail Online

Elite Member

Too bad he paid attention.

This is the shit that really pisses me off. You can't just do all that and NOT be an addict. It's stupid statements from people like her that make kids like my daughter think she can do the same even though she is a recovering addict. I like you gaga but when it comes to shit like this STFU.

Lady GaGa: 'My father saved me from a deadly cocaine addiction'

Why did he bother really?
    Too bad for us
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Hmmm...the only drug I indulge in nowadays is weed. I tried ecstasy in 9th grade and salvia about a year ago (which FUCKED me up big time!) but cocaine...hmmm I won't lie and say I've never been tempted to try just to say I have but I have a very addictive personality so probably a bad idea.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

So he 'saved' her with those few words? Yes, I know, I know, he had a powerful influence and all that happy horse s**t.

Sounds like the typical career move for celebs, bring up their "painful" and "tortured" past, in order to drum up sympathies and to show that, gosh willickers, they ARE human just like us!! Yipppeee!!

However she admitted that she still likes to 'party'.
    By 'party' she must mean she still dabbles in the coke. Yeah, because it's always a good idea for an addict to 'party' occasionally with their drug of choice and forget that's how they became addicted to it in the first place.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    By 'party' she must mean she still dabbles in the coke. Yeah, because it's always a good idea for an addict to 'party' occasionally with their drug of choice and forget that's how they became addicted to it in the first place.
    word

'The label gets mad at me for talking about it – they say, “We don’t want people to think that you’re not a pop star.” But I am a pop star. I’m a pop star with a story!'
    we've all heard this story before

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Same here. When I read that, I immediately thought, "She does bumps instead of outright lines"

So she considers herself a functioning addict. Welcome to Hollywood.

I wish her daddy would have saved her from the atrocious get-ups she wears!

If coking out is a party, I'm sure Lindsay could show Gaga a thing or two.
    Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.

No one wears that stupid shit SOBER. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    No one wears that stupid shit SOBER. Please.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information