Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former first daughter Jenna Bush joins 'Today'

Cool Former first daughter Jenna Bush joins 'Today'

Former first daughter Jenna Bush joins 'Today' - omg! news on Yahoo!

NEW YORK NBC's "Today" show has hired someone with White House experience as a new correspondent former first daughter Jenna Bush Hager.

Hager, a 27-year-old teacher in Baltimore, will contribute stories about once a month on issues like education to television's top-rated morning news show, said Jim Bell, its executive producer.

The daughter of former President George W. Bush said she has always wanted to be a teacher and a writer, and has already authored two books. But she was intrigued by the idea of getting into television when Bell contacted her.

"It wasn't something I'd always dreamed to do," she said. "But I think one of the most important things in life is to be open-minded and to be open-minded for change."

She'll essentially work two part-time jobs as a correspondent and in her school, where she will be a reading coordinator this year.

Bell said he got the idea after seeing Hager in two "Today" appearances. She was on the program two years ago to promote her book about an HIV-infected single mother, "Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope," and it went so well that a short interview was stretched to nearly a half hour. She and her mother, Laura Bush, also co-hosted an hour of "Today" around the time their picture book came out.

She "just sort of popped to us as a natural presence, comfortable" on the air, Bell said. Hager will work out of NBC's Washington bureau.

"I think she can handle it," he said. "I think she knows something about pressure and being under some scrutiny. When she came here for a handful of appearances, she knocked it out of the park."

He expects her first story, most likely concerning education, to be on sometime next month.

A first television job on "Today" is, in her father's world, sort of like a run for president as a first attempt at elective office. Hager said that people on the show "have always made me, whenever I've been there, feel very comfortable."

Bell said Hager won't be covering politics. He said he didn't consider the job as a down payment for a future interview with her father, who has been living quietly in Texas since leaving office earlier this year. Attacks on NBC News by conservatives for the liberal bent of MSNBC also had nothing to do with it, he said.

"I hope to focus on what I'm passionate about because I think I'd do them best job on them education, urban education, women and children's issues and literacy," Hager said.

What she doesn't plan to do is talk about her experiences as the daughter of a president.

"I don't think it's that interesting," she said. "I'm pretty normal."

On a purely superficial note, she looks like her father in drag. Not sure dying her hair was a good move.

^^^
    so true.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Nice to know we live in a meritocracy.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Can you imagine if they stick her with damn Kathie Lee during the 3rd hour? Geez, double the nausea.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

maybe they can send her to cover the Iraq war.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

They should sit her down with Kathie Lee once in a while... I'd love to see how she deals with that brand of crazy on live TV.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Got Dang that girl is fug. Looks just like her daddy!

What are you guys talking about...she's a beauty!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'd like to see her on The View myself.

Elite Member

I'm trying to be partial to the girl since she never did anything really to me or this country...but I can't get over how much she looks like her pathetic, good-for-nothing father. That alone is a turn-off.

Neither of the girls came off as eloquent. This should be humorous. Can't imagine a thing she could add.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

"Today" show has hired someone with White House experience as a new correspondent former first daughter Jenna Bush Hager.
    She just lived in the White House when she wasn't binge drinking at college. That now counts as White House experience?

I've had enough of the Bushes to last 100 lifetimes. Every last one of them. Get off my TV screen.

I'm sure sure got this on talent alone...

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information