Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victim speaks out about Dr. Phil’s sexual abuse

Default Victim speaks out about Dr. Phil’s sexual abuse

Victim speaks out about Dr. Phil’s sexual abuse

A woman who was sexually abused by Dr. Phil in 1984 while working as an intern in his office is speaking out. We heard about these allegations last year when The National Enquirer ran a piece about Dr. Phil’s fraudulent health club business in Kansas in the 1970s, in which he had people sign up for expensive contracts, sold the contracts for cash to a financial institution, and then ditched town and closed the club. They also covered Phil’s abuse of a 19 year-old female intern and former patient he hired to work in his lab. The woman alleges that Phil regularly fondled her on the job. She filed a complaint against him in 1998. Phil was issued a reprimand by the Texas State Board in 1999 and his practice was put on probation for 12 months. He left the practice less than a year later and moved to Dallas.
    Now Sara Morrison, Dr. Phil’s alleged victim, is going on the record with her claims. She gives an account of a scheming psychologist who manipulated her as a teen patient and then hired her to work for him, just so he could take advantage of her:
    “Dr. Phil is a monster!” Those are the angry words of a former patient of Dr. Phil McGraw, who is revealing the shocking story of the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of the TV shrink!
    Sara Morrison is speaking out in a world-exclusive ENQUIRER interview - divulging sickening details of how talk-show titan Oprah Winfrey’s former protege repeatedly fondled her, sexually abusing her while she was being treated by him.
    The 44-year-old mother of one also reveals authorities were called in to investigate the abuse, threatening Dr. Phil’s career as a psychologist and his marriage to wife Robin, who was outraged by the charges.
    “Not a single day has gone by when I haven’t been affected by what Phil McGraw did to me,” Sara told The ENQUIRER.
    “He profoundly affected the course of my life. The world should know this man is a predator and a bully. He shouldn’t be telling Americans how to live their lives, how to improve themselves.”
    Sara was a college sophomore home for the summer when she sought treatment from Dr. Phil in Wichita Falls, Texas, in 1984.
    “I suffered from low self-esteem, and Iwas depressed, lonely and suicidal,” recalled Sara. “Phil was extremely insistent that I call him all the time, and he would call me.
    “He wanted to see me three or four times a week - as a patient.”
    While treating her that summer, Dr. Phil did nothing improper, she says. But his attitude changed completely the following summer when, in a highly unethical move, he paid Sara to work as his intern, while charging her as a patient at the same time.
    “The first day I showed up for work, Phil had his hands all over me,” she recalled.
    At the time, the then 34-year-old psychologist and his second wife Robin had been married for eight years, but that didn’t stop his sexually aggressive behavior, Sara said.
    “Phil would pull me down to sit in his lap while he talked on the phone to patients, other doctors, even his wife! He’d be running his hand up and down the inside of my thigh all the way up to my panties.”
    [From The National Enquirer]

Dr. Phil is definitely a scumbag, and if this woman’s claims are true it’s pretty clear he took advantage of her. I don’t understand why his show is even still on the air, but people like to watch families that are so screwed up that our own dysfunction looks absolutely normal in comparison. Dr. Phil adds a sense of legitimacy to his trashy show, with his fancy title and hoakey advice. It looks like he has a lot of experience with the type of behavior he would chew out one of his guests for and you have to wonder if he ever really changed.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Victim speaks out about Dr. Phil’s sexual abuse
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

why didn't it ever turn into sex?!

Think this was posted twice.....maybe its a different story, not sure.

I believe it...just saying.

Jerry! Jerry!
    A woman has the age she deserves.
    -Coco Chanel

Its posted in the News thread
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

hmmmm....not sure I believe this. I had a boss grab me, try to kiss me and stick his tongue in my ear. I quit that day and never returned to work. I ended up getting a settlement from him. There were quite a few other females who had the same problem and I joined in a class action against him.

Why would an employee continue to show up every day if the boss was hitting on her?

well what i read is that she wasn't only an employee but a patient, she started out a patient then he hired her on as an intern
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Now she's saying this? Quite a while isn't it, what, suppressed memories or somethign?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I believe it. He strikes me as very full of himself -- Mr. Perfect, Mr. I know everything... I stopped watching his show.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Now she's saying this? Quite a while isn't it, what, suppressed memories or somethign?
    I don't know if its the same woman, but I have read very similar accusations about him before, and that was a while ago.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think she's speaking out the press now. She had already gone to the authorities years ago, which is why his practice was on a 12-month probation.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    hmmmm....not sure I believe this. I had a boss grab me, try to kiss me and stick his tongue in my ear. I quit that day and never returned to work. I ended up getting a settlement from him. There were quite a few other females who had the same problem and I joined in a class action against him.

Why would an employee continue to show up every day if the boss was hitting on her?
    I've worked at several jobs in which women were regularly harrassed. Men like that have some kind of predator radar that helps them pick the ones that don't tell. Eventually they always get caught but it takes awhile. Usually several women come forward.

I totally believe her. He's always put out the creepy vibe, at least in my opinion anyway. His show is barely a step up from Maury.

I've worked at several jobs in which women were regularly harrassed. Men like that have some kind of predator radar that helps them pick the ones that don't tell. Eventually they always get caught but it takes awhile. Usually several women come forward.
    I can see your point. If this allegation is true, then Dr Phil would have known through counseling sessions that she may have been the type who would say nothing.

When it happened to me, it was my first job. I was still at school and it was a part time job. Maybe my boss thought I was young and naive (I was) and that I wouldn't tell (he got that part wrong!).

My parents obviously told me to quit and I never went back to work there. I pretty much had to stop my father giving my boss a broken nose. It felt a lot better to take the guy to court - a friend was a lawyer and we got him on a technicality and it felt great, so we didn't have to go through the whole sexual assault saga.

I always thought Dr Phil was Dr Evil!!!! I think Dr Phil is more screwed up than most of the people walking on the street!!!!
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information