Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan O'Neal tried to hit on Tatum O'Neal at Farrah Fawcett's funeral

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Ryan O'Neal tried to hit on Tatum O'Neal at Farrah Fawcett's funeral

Ryan O'Neal wishes he'd never had children and is so estranged from his own kids that he didn't recognize his actress-daughter Tatum -- and shamelessly flirted with her -- at Farrah Fawcett's funeral, the actor admits in an explosive new interview.

"I had just put the casket in the hearse and was watching it drive away," O'Neal, 68, said, "when a beautiful blond woman comes up and embraces me. I said to her, 'You have a drink on you? You have a car?' She said, 'Daddy, it's me -- Tatum!'

"I was just trying to be funny with a strange Swedish woman, and it's my daughter," O'Neal said. "It's so sick."

The actor recounted the bizarre encounter in the September issue of Vanity Fair magazine, which hits stands this week.

Asked if he's sorry he had children, O'Neal nodded and said, "A couple of them I would take back.

"I don't think I was supposed to be a father," said the actor, who had Tatum, 45, and Griffin, 44, with first wife Joanna Moore; son Patrick, 42, with actress Leigh Taylor-Young; and son Redmond, 24, with Fawcett.

"Just look around at my work -- they're either in jail or they should be," O'Neal said.

He said Redmond, who is in jail for violating probation on drug charges, is the only child he still sees.

"I'm not in touch with them now," O'Neal said of his other kids. "And I've never been happier."

When asked about the exchange with her dad at Fawcett's funeral, Tatum told VF, "That's our relationship in a nutshell . . . You make of it what you will.

"It had been a few years since we'd seen each other," she said with a sigh. "And he was always a ladies' man, a bon vivant."

Ryan O'Neal isn't as tactful talking about his daughter.

"She wrote a book -- bitch!" Ryan fumed about Tatum, who penned a tell-all about her dysfunctional family, replete with details about her parents' over-the-top drug use and her dad's physical and mental abuse of his children.

"How dare she throw our laundry in the street for money!"

Of Griffin -- whom O'Neal barred from Fawcett's funeral -- O'Neal declared: "I hate him!"

Griffin retorted to VF that his dad is a "narcissistic psychopath" who tried to make money off Fawcett's death.

"All those crocodile tears!" Griffin sniped. "I consider him a vulture presiding over a carcass.

"My dad's only goal was to make sure he would be in the will," O'Neal's eldest son said.

"It was so disgustingly transparent as soon as he found out she was terminal . . . Ryan thought he was going to get everything."

Tatum, meanwhile, said her dad "had every right to be angry" about her book, telling VF, "No parent wants to hear their kid saying s - - - - y things about them.

"Anyway, it's past; I've moved on," Tatum said. "I'm older now, and I forgive him."

In the piece, O'Neal takes a much softer tone when reminiscing about his life with longtime love Fawcett, who died in June after a long battle with cancer.

"I wish I could do it over with [her]," O'Neal said.

"I would have been much kinder, more understanding, more mature. I'd lose some of the savagery."http://www.nypost.com/seven/08032009/news/nationalnews/ryan_tried_to_get_tatum_to_date_im_182736.htm
    Jesus H. Christ, he has got to be the worst excuse for a father I've seen in years. Mean, angry, verbally abusive still. Amazing that Tatum is looking like the mature one here. I can't believe he would give an interview and say these things about his kids. Fucking hell. What a dickhead.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

they make the spelling drama look like a famly picnic...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Poor Farrah. She should have stayed with Lee Majors and spared herself the havoc Ryan O'Neil brought into her life.

Good night, Ryan O'Neal is a complete idiot. Who the hell hits on any woman at their partner's funeral, much less their own fucking daughter?! And then to tell it like it's some humorous family story?!? I seriously wonder if he's of sound mind.

And to flat out say that you'd take a few of your kids back if you had it to do over again is a vicious thing to say. No one ever, ever needs to hear that from a parent.

"I don't think I was supposed to be a father," said the actor, who had Tatum, 45, and Griffin, 44, with first wife Joanna Moore; son Patrick, 42, with actress Leigh Taylor-Young; and son Redmond, 24, with Fawcett.

"Just look around at my work -- they're either in jail or they should be," O'Neal said.
    That's as close as he'll come to an apology, yet he's still lightyears removed
    from taking responsibility for his kids disastrous lives.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

exactly. yeah, his kids are fucked up, but they are fucked up BECAUSE of him. Get it Ryan, you're the fucking problem!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Poor Farrah. She should have stayed with Lee Majors and spared herself the havoc Ryan O'Neil brought into her life.
    Plus, Farrah Fawcett -Majors was a far cooler name than just Farrah Fawcett.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Good night, Ryan O'Neal is a complete idiot. Who the hell hits on any woman at their partner's funeral, much less their own fucking daughter?! And then to tell it like it's some humorous family story?!? I seriously wonder if he's of sound mind.

And to flat out say that you'd take a few of your kids back if you had it to do over again is a vicious thing to say. No one ever, ever needs to hear that from a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    That's as close as he'll come to an apology, yet he's still lightyears removed
    from taking responsibility for his kids disastrous lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    exactly. yeah, his kids are fucked up, but they are fucked up BECAUSE of him. Get it Ryan, you're the fucking problem!
    Agree with all three of these. Does anyone know what sort of childhood he had? I ask this because it seems like he was beaten like a red-headed step-child every day of the week for years. What else can explain his complete insanity?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I know he took care of Farrah in her last days and all, but does he need to broadcast EVERYTHING he does and goes through? I always got the impression that he was expecting praise for what he did for Farrah. I'd be too ashamed to admit I flirted with my daughter...

Did he really take care of her, or was it just for the cameras? I got the impression it was more Alana who cared for her. Until she screwed Ryan, if the rumors are to be believed. Did Farrah have anybody decent in her life, cause the more I read the sorrier I feel for her. Ryan O'Neal is a total jackass. He was so heartbroken he started flirting at Farrah's funeral? Much less with his daughter? Old pervert bastard.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this nasty loser is sick and twisted!

its so sad how some people are able to breed who just have died in the womb themselves!

Ryan is running a close second behind Joe Jackson for Deadbeat Dad of the Century.

Ryan O'Neal seems to be suffering from a combination of the severest forms of solipsism and satyriasis. That's the only explanation for his behavior.

Below is what comes to mind when I think of Ryan O'Neal's relationship with his children (apologies to Saturn):

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

he's just the scum of the earth. remember when he was caught in bed with a teenage Melanie Griffith by his own daughter?! (who was her friend at the time) revolting!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

I don't think he is of sound mind with all the drugs he's done. But that's no excuse for his behaviour and his appalling parenting.

this guy is such a piece of shit!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information