Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passion of the Christ actor James Caviezel injured in bike crash

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Passion of the Christ actor James Caviezel injured in bike crash

LEAVENWORTH, Wash. The Washington State Patrol says James Caviezel suffered cuts and bruises when a man hurled a bicycle into the path of his Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Trooper Rich Magnussen says "The Passion of the Christ" actor was taken Thursday to Cascade Medical Center in Leavenworth.

Magnussen says the 40-year-old Caviezel, of Woodland Hills, Calif., was wearing a helmet, and that "it could have been a lot worse." The trooper says he doesn't know why the actor was in the area about 14 miles southeast of this city in north-central Washington.

Caviezel portrayed Jesus in Mel Gibson's movie. He was born in Mount Vernon, Wash.

Magnussen says mental issues may be involved in why the 42-year-old Wenatchee man tossed the bike.

___http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/17/passion-actor-james-cavie_n_237327.html
    That last line..... Of course he has mental issues...he worked with one of the Kings of Krazy, Sugartits himself.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think the "mental issues" comment was directed at the person who threw the bike in his path, not Caviezel.

But, it's early and I'm on my first cup of coffee here.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^Crap, you're right. I guess I wanted to read it as this dude has mental issues.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Poor guy, what movie has he been in lately? Looks like the hypocrites in hollywood have been good on their word to 'blacklist' poor Jim for doing 'Passion.'

What blacklist? And I wonder what he thinks of Mel's divorce/gf/new baby. Not really in keeping with those shared conservative Catholic beliefs, eh?

--Sinclair Lewis

I remember Caviezel saying during an interview that he got struck my lightning when they were filming the crucifixion scene. He doesn't seem to have the best luck.

Elite Member

Loved him in Frequency.

I love him in The Count of Monte Cristo..... but he's wacky. Remember when he was like, "I have the same initials as Jesus Christ- J.C."? I can't remember exactly, but it was weird like that.

he was fucking hot in 'the thin red line'. beautiful man. decent actor. too bad he's almost as much of a catholic fundie nutcase as sugartits mel.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I remember Caviezel saying during an interview that he got struck my lightning when they were filming the crucifixion scene. He doesn't seem to have the best luck.
    In 2004, Caviezel portrayed Jesus Christ in the Mel Gibson film The Passion of the Christ. During filming he was struck by lightning, accidentally whipped, dislocated his shoulder and bruised his eye. Someone was trying to tell him something.

On October 24, 2006, Caviezel was featured (along with Patricia Heaton, Kurt Warner, and Mike Sweeney) in an advertisement opposing embryonic stem-cell research. Caviezel began the advertisement by saying "Le-bar nash be-neshak", Aramaic for "You betray the Son of Man with a kiss," a reference to Judas' betraying Christ and a phrase used in the Greek version of the Gospel of Luke.

Two years later Caviezel played Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. The film became one of the highest grossing films of all time and made James Caviezel a household name. During the filming of THE PASSION OF CHRIST, Caviezel was hit by lightning. After accepting the role of Jesus Christ he realized his initials were the same as Jesus and that he was the
    same age as Jesus was when he died.
    James Caviezel - MovieActors.com

Wow. His initials are the same, he was the same age...he MUST be Jesus Christ, reincarnated....but wait...reincarnation doesn't gel with Catholic teachings so what's his point?

Sorry to anyone who likes this dude but he just screams fundie lunatic.

--Sinclair Lewis

OCD

Crashed in my hometown. Very strange spot to land.

And "Cascade Medical Center" is a very scary place. They haven't even delivered babies there since the early 80's. That's how equipped the place is.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    What blacklist? And I wonder what he thinks of Mel's divorce/gf/new baby. Not really in keeping with those shared conservative Catholic beliefs, eh?
    I could have sworn I read somewhere that the 'powers to be' were so upset about this movie and its alleged anti-semitic moments/tone that they threatened those who worked on the movie. By powers to be I refer to the studio execs and heads of the major movie studios.

Granted James never really did tons of movies like Nic Cage, but at the same time I can't help but think why he hasn't been featured in more prominent movie roles, as an A list leading actor.

To be honest, does anyone really want to hire a dude who won't do love scenes, thinks his having the same initials as Jesus Christ is worthy of discussion and contemplation and seems to be followed around by lightening.

--Sinclair Lewis

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I hope the injuries aren't serious. Bike crashes are all too often fatal.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Don't worry. God's got his back.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information