Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Affleck: Jennifer Lopez made me feel “suffocated, miserable and gross”

Default Ben Affleck: Jennifer Lopez made me feel “suffocated, miserable and gross”

Remember the Ben Affleck of yore? Ben Affleck, post-Gwyneth, circa 2002. When he was one of People Magazine’s Hottest Bachelors, when he was drinking (and probably drugging too) and gambling up a storm. And when he was romancing a string of interchangeable girl-women, preferably picked up at some random bar. And then he began work on a little film called Gigli. And that’s when the magic happened. “The Magic” being “when Ben Affleck crawled into a crazed, tabloid hole filled with J.Lo Glow, tanning lotion, liquor, strippers and career suicide”. Those were the days, eh?
    After Bennifer 1.0 died (circa January 2004, if memory serves), Ben Affleck spent several years trying to get the magic back. He settled down with a more People Magazine-readership-friendly Jennifer, this one by the name of Garner (otherwise known as Bennifer 2.0). He got sober (I hope). He took some time off from trying to be Mr. Hollywood. He became a husband and father. He started focusing on doing some “quiet, important” film work. And after a few years, he began talking some smack about Jennifer Lopez. He’s done it before - in the past few years he’s admitted that J.Lo was “bad for his career”. Now he’s going even further and saying in a new interview that during the whole J.Lo incident he felt “suffocated, miserable and gross.” What a charmer:
    Ben Affleck has spoken out about his high-profile relationship with former girlfriend Jennifer Lopez - insisting it was bad for his movie career.
    The actor began dating the singer in 2002 after starring in Gigli with her, and the pair later became engaged before splitting up shortly before their scheduled wedding in 2004.
    Affleck is adamant he should never have got involved in the first place - because the publicity surrounding their romance tainted his career.
    He says, “I was no longer in control of my life. I thought I wanted certain things, but I didn’t. I got lost. I felt suffocated, miserable and gross. I should never have gone down that route or got sucked in to all the publicity.”
    “I was typecast as myself. Too many people weren’t getting past what they read about me. That was damaging. I can tell from experience it’s bad for you, and bad for your career. So I took a break, went away for a while and let things calm down.”
    And he admits he is much happier with his wife Jennifer Garner and their two daughters, three-year-old Violet and six-month-old Seraphina to look after.
    He adds, “Work has taken a back seat. My job is not as important as it was. Saying that having a family changed my life is a cliche. But it’s true - it re-arranged my life and made me see clearly.”
    [From Contact Music]
    I realize Ben is trying to take responsibility for a rough patch in his life, but he comes across as really rude (in my opinion). Look, I’m not a member of Jennifer Lopez’s fan club or anything, but I don’t hate the woman. I give Jennifer a lot of credit for the way she conducted herself post-Bennifer. She just up and married Marc Anthony, and they seem really happy (“happy” meaning he does whatever she tells him, but I’m sure it works for them). As far as I know, Lopez has never bad-mouthed Ben, and she’s never gone even half-way as far as this in talking about what happened between them.
    I guess I just think Ben would have been better served if sometime in the months following the break-up, he had just said “Look, I loved her, and it didn’t work out. It was complicated, and we were both at fault. I own my part of the responsibility, but I’m not going to make jokes or talk smack about her. The end.” Part of the long-term career damage he did to himself post-breakup, simply because Ben seemed so ashamed that he was even with Lopez for a short time. I don’t care how horrendous Gigli was, no woman likes to hear her ex-fiancé describe their time together as “gross”.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Ben Affleck: J.Lo made me feel “suffocated, miserable and gross”

Well yeah, doesn't surprise me
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Affleck is adamant he should never have got involved in the first place - because the publicity surrounding their romance tainted his career.
    Sillly Ben. You tainted your own career. Besides, you can't act worth shit.
    Rock the fuck on!

Hit By Ban Bus!

when he was with Jennifer Lopez I thought he was gross and I wanted to suffocate him

Ahahahaha.

This warms my little heart.

Ben Affleck: Jennifer Lopez made me feel “suffocated, miserable and gross”
    Then why did you let her sit on your face? Dumbass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I know he's a douche. I still think he's hot though.

What's he been doing lately anyways?

He needs to let go, let go Ben you have a family now so does jlo you don't hear her yapping about you. Sad man.
    See my side And I'll see yours better
    Love me back And I'll love you better

I thought they made a good couple. Tabloid overload sure but he courted it as much as she did.

I think he looks miserable with Garner. Looks like he's itching for a boys night out.

I thought they were terrible as a couple. It seemed like all they did was buy each other expensive, very ostentatious gifts and blab about how fabulous and in love they were. She turned him into a metrosexual (obviously he complied) which seemed contrary to his true nature.

And I always thought he was too smart for her. These two had nothing in common but a lot of money.

Hit By Ban Bus!

my favorite was when he walked the red carpet orange, as in he had some bad spray tan working

And your point is...?

I thought that you and your husband, Balding Ben Affleck, were musicians.

What is it exactly that you do?

Goodbye for now. Unless the pair of you do something scandalous, can't you go away.? I find your non-antics extremely boring.

I don't think I am alone in this, Madame Lopez. I saw a picture of you a few years ago without makeup. Plain as the day is long.

Not that I am gorgeous without a bit of makeup.

So you sing and wiggle your ample behind??? Sorry, I don't know the stuff that you are cranking out...Love to the bald guy

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Sillly Ben. You tainted your own career. Besides, you can't act worth shit.
    He is terrible. It's amazing he's gotten as far as he has.

I've read that he wears a toupee. Whenever I watch one of his movies, I'm trying to see if that really is a rug atop his head. It distracts me to no end.

Part of the long-term career damage he did to himself post-breakup, simply because Ben seemed so ashamed that he was even with Lopez for a short time.
    As well he should've been. That whole charade seemed like a colossal joke. It seemed he went from being a laid-back, baseball watching, Bud Light drinking guy to a tanning bed junkie she led around by the dick. It was sad.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information