Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farrah Fawcett & Ryan O'Neal are getting married

Default Farrah Fawcett & Ryan O'Neal are getting married

Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal to Wed
    Monday June 22, 2009

Ryan O'Neal says he and longtime love Farrah Fawcett are tying the knot.

"I've asked her to marry me, again, and she's agreed," O'Neal, 68, tells Barbara Walters in an exclusive interview on ABC's 20/20, airing Friday, June 26.

O'Neal says the 62-year-old Fawcett - who was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006 - is now "fighting for her life."

But he says they "will" wed "as soon as she can, say yes. ... Maybe we can just nod her head."

"I promise you, we will," he told Walters. "Absolutely."

The actor says he and Fawcett have even joked about what he'll wear for the ceremony, kidding that he'll dress "like a gigolo. You know? And a little thin mustache and slicked-back hair. I don't know. We have fun, we tease about that."

The two -- who have a 24-year-old son Redmond (who is now in rehab following previous drug convictions) -- began dating in 1980 and have lived together.

"I used to ask her to marry me all the time," O'Neal tells Walters. "But ... it just got to be a joke, you know. We just joked about it."

In May, O'Neal told NBC News that he has fallen more in love with Fawcett as he watches her bravely battle cancer.

"I know this, that in the last two years I loved her more than I've ever loved her - ever," he told Meredith Vieira. "She's so much more of a woman ... powerful, courageous, fearless and all those adjectives. And I look at her with awe."
    News - Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal to Wed | Usmagazine.com

Not dead yet then, obviously.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Maybe this whole experience will make him grow up, but I doubt it. I still think they are sweet together though.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Maybe I am a cynical bitch but it is irritating me that he keeps getting press for her cancer. His career is over. He fucked up all his kids. Now he will ride Farrah's coattails to her grave.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Their relationship is so fucked up no doubt but it still seems like a great love story to me. They've never been really able to stay away from one another.

Wedding talk indicates to me that the end is nigh for Farrah. It will be nice if this wedding brings her some end of life joy. Lord knows her treatment hasn't been fun.

The actor says he and Fawcett have even joked about what he'll wear for the ceremony, kidding that he'll dress "like a gigolo. You know? And a little thin mustache and slicked-back hair. I don't know. We have fun, we tease about that."

Brad Pitt: stylist to e listers and wedding planner extraordinare...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Wedding talk indicates to me that the end is nigh for Farrah.
    I'm thinking so, too. Especially if she's too ill to speak anymore, which his comment about waiting until she's able to say "yes" seems to indicate. I thought it was fairly crass to say they'll just nod her head for her, but maybe it's laugh to keep from crying. He's always struck me as a smarmy a-hole, though.

i think its neat. i mean, how many men would have stuck by their womans side through all of the shit she's gone through? especially in Hollyweird.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Gold Member

Very sweet, really.

Whatever makes them happy

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Maybe I am a cynical bitch but it is irritating me that he keeps getting press for her cancer. His career is over. He fucked up all his kids. Now he will ride Farrah's coattails to her grave.
    I kinda feel that way too. I saw the clip of this on The View this morning and he just seems like such a douchebag. And hey, it's a tough time in his life, his sons life, and obviously Farrah's, but he doesn't come off well at all. There doesn't seem to be a lot of 'dignity' involved here. Maybe its just me....

I do think they should do whatever makes them happy though. And I hope the end comes quickly and as painfree as possible for Farrah.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Not just that, but I think Ryan's planning ahead. If he marries Farrah on her deathbed, then he's legally her next of kin. Which means he can continue to milk it after she dies, like signing off on book and movie deals.

It's not just you Lynnie. I saw him interviewed not too long ago. He came off as creepy and insincere to me.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Not just that, but I think Ryan's planning ahead. If he marries Farrah on her deathbed, then he's legally her next of kin. Which means he can continue to milk it after she dies, like signing off on book and movie deals.

How very Howard K. Stern of him.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Although it might be better than having it all go to their meth head son.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information