Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Hall dumps £1m tell-all book on Mick Jagger

Default Jerry Hall dumps £1m tell-all book on Mick Jagger

Jerry Hall dumps £1m tell-all book on Mick Jagger

By James Tapper
    Last updated at 12:01 AM on 10th May 2009

Jerry Hall’s autobiography was billed as the ‘explosive, tell-all account’ of her life with Rolling Stone Mick Jagger.
    But it will now not be published – amid mystery about why she abandoned the book.
    Her decision to back out of a £1million deal with publishers HarperCollins means, according to friends, that she will have to hand back a £500,000 advance.
    The 52-year-old model had spent two years writing Jerry Hall: Self-Portrait. HarperCollins expected she would lift the lid on ‘intimate times’, ‘wild parties’ and ‘exactly what she had to put up with in her relationships’.

Costly decision: Jerry Hall wanted to write the book herself

They also hoped to hear details about Jagger’s ‘sex addiction’ – he slept with an
    estimated 4,000 women during the 24-year relationship – and how he managed to avoid giving Jerry a divorce settlement by arguing they were not legally married.

Other juicy details were expected to include the times Jerry found other women’s underwear in her bed, Jagger’s encounters with L’Wren Scott and his seven-year affair with Carla Bruni, now wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

Jerry’s agent Ed Victor had sewn up the deal with HarperCollins, including the advance.

‘She spent £30,000 on lawyers sorting the contract out in the first place,’ said a friend.

Yet when she delivered the manuscript, the publishers were apparently sorely disappointed by the dearth of information about Jagger.

They introduced her to a ghostwriter and, according to Jerry’s friends, told her she would have to do a complete rewrite or they would cancel the deal, forcing her to repay the advance.

Tall tale: The publishers wanted to read about Mick Jagger and L'Wren Scott

Friends said Jerry was initially ‘hopping mad’ about returning the cash – on which she had already paid tax.
    A pal added: ‘She went to Mick and said, 'I’ve been really nice about you in the book but they want me to give them more. Otherwise they won’t publish, and I have to give the money back' '
    There has been speculation that Jagger tried to persuade her not to publish the book but his spokesman denies that he offered to help her financially if she abandoned the project.
    One person who will be relieved is Ms Bruni. Although Jerry’s book had few revelations about Jagger, she did not spare the former Italian model, according to friends.

Her dislike of Ms Bruni started in 1992. Ms Bruni began an affair with Jagger while Jerry was pregnant with her third child and lured the rock star away to Thailand the day after the birth.
    When Jerry finally met Ms Bruni at a party, she is said to have kicked the Italian’s shins and told her: ‘Keep your hands off my man.’
    Ms Bruni apparently told Jerry she had ‘no class, no elegance’ and continued the affair regardless.

A friend of Jerry said: ‘She has dished the dirt on Carla Bruni, and how. It’s stomach-churning.

‘Carla would probably have had a nervous breakdown over it. But it was nowhere near bitchy enough about the marriage and how difficult Mick was to live with.’

Other details expected were Jerry’s reaction to the unending stream of models making their way to Jagger’s bed – Christina Haack in Munich, Jana Rajlich in New York and Nicole Kruk, dismissed from Jagger’s hotel room in Japan while Jerry was coming up in the lift.

Then there were her thoughts on how Jagger, who still speaks to Jerry three times a day, was coping with ageing.
    Rival: There is no love lost between Jery Hall and Mick Jagger's old flame Carla Bruni

The 65-year-old grandfather is said to be paranoid about losing his hair and getting fat and is reportedly beginning to struggle to keep up with his much younger conquests.

Jerry started writing the book in 2007 after it was suggested by former newspaper editor Simon Kelner. But there were signs last year that it might not be as salacious as HarperCollins hoped.
    Jerry told how she was writing the book at home in longhand between breakfast and lunch every day.

‘There will be things I’ve never talked about before,’ she said.

But she added that there would be no vengeance against Jagger: not for the fact that their ‘wedding’ in Bali turned out to have no legal status, nor that he gave her only £10million of his £215million fortune when the ‘marriage’ was annulled.

Neither would she take out any frustration she might have felt for his womanising while she raised his four children: Lizzie, 25, James, 23, 17-year-old Georgia May and Gabriel, 11. ‘I have never been that way,’ she explained. ‘I’ve always been more positive. Anger and negativity is a bore.’

In an effort to spice up the book, Jerry was introduced to potential ghostwriters, including one said to e a friend of artist Tracey Emin.
    ‘The plan was to rewrite the book with Tracey’s pal,’ said Jerry’s friend. ‘But she didn’t like the fact that the publishers told her she would have to pay the ghost out of her advance. They seemed OK with her writing style but she couldn’t keep it up and
    it quickly deteriorated into Texan.

‘And despite her typist’s best efforts to turn it into proper English, Jerry kept changing it back. It just didn’t really work.’

Readers waiting for the chance to spend £20 on the 304-page book in September will now be disappointed.

A friend of Jagger said: ‘He reckons his private life is his private life. He didn’t want her sharing his inside leg measurement with the whole world. The story is still there to be told. And it’s the stuff of rock ’n’ roll legend. If Mick has his way, it’ll all go to the grave with him.

‘Jerry’s not down about it, not a bit. On the contrary. And Carla Bruni will breathe a sigh of relief.’

In an effort to spice up the book, Jerry was introduced to potential ghostwriters, including one said to e a friend of artist Tracey Emin.
    ‘The plan was to rewrite the book with Tracey’s pal,’ said Jerry’s friend. ‘But she didn’t like the fact that the publishers told her she would have to pay the ghost out of her advance. They seemed OK with her writing style but she couldn’t keep it up and
    it quickly deteriorated into Texan.
    Wth does the article mean into Texan?
    Rock the fuck on!

I don't care what Mick Jagger's rep says, I really strongly believe that he's repaid the advance to her, plus a bit extra..... notwithstanding her "writing style" etc etc.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^^ that was my guess as well....a little hush money

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

i wonder if she'd tell the truth about David Bowie and Mick
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

She sounds like a good girl, doesn't she?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Wth does the article mean into Texan?
    Texan is a dialect, the accent, word usage, and the speech patterns of those from Texas. A very distinct speech that it is easy to know someone is from Texas. It does not sound "southern", but the wonderful Texas drawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Texan is a dialect, the accent, word usage, and the speech patterns of those from Texas. A very distinct speech that it is easy to know someone is from Texas. It does not sound "southern", but the wonderful Texas drawl.
    That's what I figured, and thank you for the explanation.
    Rock the fuck on!

She must be as dumb as a bag of rocks if she stayed with him for 24 years.

i like jerry. and i always thought she was classier than lurid tell-alls so i was disappointed when i heard she was writing this. i don't care if mick repaid her advance (serves him right for not giving her a divorce settlement), i'm glad she's not doing it anymore.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm so disappointed that she isn't going to write it. She got royally screwed by him, why not?

Her first book was great. I wonder why she had problems writing this one.

The 65-year-old grandfather is said to be paranoid about losing his hair and getting fat
    Oh Please! He's a bag of bones, always has been.
    What a crock.

If I were her not only would I write a book making zillions of dollars dishing the dirt on that scuzzbag in every humiliating detail, then I'd take the book money and hire a hit man to fix the *problem* permanently.

After his untimely demise I'd then take every last quid of his inheritance and royalties and spend the rest of my life having a good time at his expense.

The man is a pig. I'd make him pay after he'd gone to the grave, and then some.

Carla Bruni looks bad in that picture. The hubby came home yesterday saying he heard the reason the book was stopped was because of Carla Bruni's people. Something about their being some big dirt on her. Considering everyone already knows so much about her, it'd have to be pretty shocking. He reads The Times, so I have no clue where he got that story considering I doubt The Times would report on celeb gossip.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The Times does report on celeb gossip but only discreetly buried away.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information