Thread: Princess Diana-biographer Andrew Morton wants to do Angelina Jolie tell-all

Default Princess Diana-biographer Andrew Morton wants to do Angelina Jolie tell-all

Andrew Morton has gained a reputation as the go-to guy for tabloid-friendly biographies. Sometimes those biographies are authorized, like his first book about Princess Diana (Diana: Her True Story), and some are unauthorized, like his last book, about Tom Cruise. Morton usually profiles the more controversial figures - in addition to Princess Diana and Cruise, Morton also wrote the authorized book about Monica Lewinsky (Monica’s Story) and an unauthorized ones about Madonna and David and Victoria Beckham (Posh and Becks). His latest subject sticks to the winning formula - he’s going to write about Angelina Jolie.
    It’s kind of an obvious choice, and I was honestly surprised Andrew Morton hadn’t thought of a Jolie book before. Her life has all of the elements of a good book - sex, controversy, love triangles, beautiful locales, family issues, babies, drama. Morton will have to get in line, though. Jolie’s ex-bodyguard is already trying to get a tell-all book published, including many “revelations” about Jolie and Brad Pitt.
    Princess Diana’s biographer Andrew Morton is planning to write an unauthorised book about US actress Angelina Jolie, according to reports.
    The former tabloid journalist and writer has already dissected the lives of some of the most controversial figures of the day, including Princess Diana, Monica Lewinsky and Tom Cruise.
    Now, according to the New York Post’s Page Six gossip slot, he will turn his attention to award-winning actress and humanitarian campaigner Angelina Jolie.
    Miss Jolie’s colourful life will provide plenty of material. Twice divorced, she has had a long-running feud with actor father Jon Voight and has adopted a string of children.
    Professionally, she has risen to become one of Hollywood’s leading actresses, starring in films including Lara Croft Tomb Raider, A Mighty Heart, The Good Shepherd and Changeling. It was on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith that she met her now partner, Brad Pitt, with whom she has adopted several children.
    The couple are also famed for their humanitarian work in the world’s trouble spots and Miss Jolie is a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador.
    Mr Morton’s unauthorised book about the star will reportedly be produced by US publishing giant St. Martin’s Press next winter.
    His previous work includes the 1992 exposé Diana, Her True Story, for which the Princess of Wales was later revealed to have been the main source.
    More recently, a biography of Tom Cruise brought legal threats after Morton suggested the Top Gun star had tailored his life to helping further the cause of the Church of Scientology and had become its de-facto second-in-command.
    Mr Cruise has vehemently denied Morton’s allegations.
    [From The Telegraph]
    I have to admit, the only Morton book I’ve ever read was his first one on Princess Diana. Before Diana got her hooks into him, Morton was a pretty good journalist, albeit one who tended to work for the seedier tabloids. He is a true journalist at heart, but he will print anything, and he doesn’t mind unnamed sources. If he does end up writing about Angelina, I’m sure it will be a mash of things we already know plus a few nuggets of juicy details we haven’t heard before.
    Here’s Morton on “The Today Show” in January 2008. Images thanks to INF Photo.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Princess Diana-biographer Andrew Morton wants to do Angelina Jolie tell-all

I just read about this the other day. I hope there is more than just a 'few nuggets' of juicy new details. I'm unsure if I've read any of his other books before. Has anybody else here?

I've not read any of his books, but I'd read that one if it had some new juicy gossip in.

I was looking forward to his book on Tom until I heard he had caved to fear and nothing in it was new or earth shattering. Seems like he is a bit of a sell out.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'd be more interested if I thought he was actually going to write something good. I keep thinking about that Tom Cruise book. There was nothing new, nothing that hasn't already been on the 'net a hundred times. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peike View Post
    I just read about this the other day. I hope there is more than just a 'few nuggets' of juicy new details. I'm unsure if I've read any of his other books before. Has anybody else here?
    I've read a couple I think.... and I don't think that I rated them that highly... however, since he uses "un-named sources" that Micky Brett might get his tidbits into press? Since he's been slammed with a gagging order....

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I was looking forward to his book on Tom until I heard he had caved to fear and nothing in it was new or earth shattering. Seems like he is a bit of a sell out.
    I bought it & got about 1/3rd of the way through.... its not earth-shattering..... but I guess if your about to be murdered .... sorry commit suicide by shooting yourself in the head 3 times that one would bend to the co$ ways....

There was a portion of the Tom Cruise book online, I read it and there was nothing earth shattering and/or exciting about it. I think he chickened out...but when you've got $cientologists up your ass, yeah...well, I can see why he did what he did.

Really, what could he tell us that we don't already know? Angela flaps her trap about everything that goes on in her pretty little head, house, and bedroom.

snooze.

Thread Information