Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reese Witherspoon found motherhood lonely

Default Reese Witherspoon found motherhood lonely

Reese Witherspoon admits she found motherhood lonely.
    The Legally Blonde star – who gave birth to daughter Ava with then-husband Ryan Phillippe in 1999 — says she struggled to adapt to her new role as a parent, as she had no money and was never able to go out.
    “When I first had Ava, I couldn’t afford help,” Reese tells the new issue of Britain’s Elle magazine. “It was so hard. I was out in Los Angeles, living away from my family. I didn’t really have any friends. And I had a baby. No one else who was 22 had a baby. I couldn’t go out.”
    Reese — who is currently dating actor Jake Gyllenhaal – says she found “salvation” with a group of female friends and is grateful for the support they provide her.
    “That’s always been the center of my life, female friendship,” she said. “I value the shared human experience, when women are honest with each other. It’s hard having kids. It’s hard having a job. It’s hard having a relationship - for anybody.”

Reese Witherspoon Found Motherhood Lonely :: Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip

It’s hard having kids. It’s hard having a job. It’s hard having a relationship - for anybody.”
    She's a genius.

OH what the fuck ever. They were both successful working actors by the time they had Ava. Maybe not Legally Blonde-rich but I hardly think they were penny-pinching and scraping by.

I think she's just an overly ambitious, type A controlling bitch who wants to cast herself in a sympathetic light. And I haven't liked her since she embarked on the whole sham relationship with Gyllenhaal.

Then why did she have more kids? She could have stopped at one if it was too hard for her.

None of that was mandatory. And sorry, 22 isn't a stupid age, did she think a child was an object she could abandon and go play with her friends at the mall? No one forced her to marry or have a kid at 22, that was her choice. The fact that she had to grow up and take responsibility for her chosen actions is not something to ask sympathy for.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

This is from an old interview. It doesn't matter because the more she talks, the more stupid she sounds.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

She threw her rep away as a decent actress when she became Toothy Tile's beard. I'd have more respect for her if she raised her kids as a single mother than the crap she's doing for show with Gyllenhaal.

No one should get married and have kids in their 20's, I'll give her that. Good Christ, live a little.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

“That’s always been the center of my life, female friendship,” she said. “I value the shared human experience, when women are honest with each other.
    So this thread belongs in Who's Gay, right?
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She sounds like those women who, at the age of 67, still go to the 'little girls room' with their 'girlfriends'. Friends? Give me a gay man any day of the week.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    She threw her rep away as a decent actress when she became Toothy Tile's beard. I'd have more respect for her if she raised her kids as a single mother than the crap she's doing for show with Gyllenhaal.
    Yup!

Plus whats all this bollox about "having no money" ? she made 3 films in 1999
    1. Best Laid Plans (1999) .... Lissa
    2. Election (1999) .... Tracy Flick
    3. Cruel Intentions (1999) .... Annette Hargrove
    Then in 2000 she made friends, and god knows what.... I smell streaming piles of BS here, trying to make herself sound more likeable .... plus if she wasn't such a screaming bitch maybe she would have had some friends to go shopping with, etc....

Salary

Four Christmases (2008) $14,000,000 Just Like Heaven (2005) $15,000,000 Walk the Line (2005) $15,000,000 Vanity Fair (2004) $15,000,000 Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003) $15,000,000 Sweet Home Alabama (2002) $12,500,000 Legally Blonde (2001) $5,000,000 Cruel Intentions (1999) $250,000 Fear (1996) $200,000

Plus doesnt she come from a wealthy family?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't know what her deal is but I do agree with what she said.
    Having kids with a husband who doesn't hold up his end of the deal or who works all the time is lonely. Probably why so many young mothers loose it. It's the best time to have female friends, it keeps you grounded to know your all going through the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    No one should get married and have kids in their 20's, I'll give her that. Good Christ, live a little.
    Seriously!

I tell my daughter the same thing all the time. Live and have some fun while you can. Don't be stupid and tie yourself down at a young age. A kid is forever.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ yeah but some of the parents of today look like the grandparents instead of the parents.

The thirties is a good time to have a child but then again then the grandparents are to old to enjoy their grandchildren.

I didn't have my kids until my late twenties. By then I had already travelled a good bit, lived and worked in several different places, and was ready to put down roots.

Personally, I think your thirties are a good time to have kids. You are more likely to be in a better place financially, not to mention more mature emotionally.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information