Thread: Scarlett Johansson’s directing dream dashed

Default Scarlett Johansson’s directing dream dashed

Scarlett Johansson’s dream of being a director has already been dashed — on her first try.
    The movie beauty helmed a segment for the upcoming flick New York, I Love You — but it was deemed unwatchable.

Page Six reports:
    Johansson — who’s said in the past she’d prefer to direct rather than act — helmed a segment for the upcoming movie “New York, I Love You,” a series of intertwined love stories shot by several auteurs, including Brett Ratner and Natalie Portman.

But unfortunately for Johansson, her segment, starring Kevin Bacon and shot in black and white, was deemed “unwatchable,” sources said.

“It was really bad, so it was cut,” one insider told Page Six. Andrei Zvyagintsev’s segment starring Carla Gugino and Goran Visnjic was also cut from the final edit.

But the film’s producer, Emmanuel Benbihy, told us Johansson’s bit ended up in the scrapheap not because it was bad, but because “the story did not specifically involve an interpersonal relationship, and it was conceptualized to be filmed in black and white — both of which were extreme departures from the other films.”

Benbihy added, “Scarlett presented me with an extremely compelling, albeit unconventional, narrative that appeared as though it would not necessarily conform to the overall approach of the entire collective . . . However, I was very much moved by her vision and I did not want to pass on the opportunity to help her develop it. All that matters to me is the genuine movie language of the author.”

He continued: “Scarlett and I nonetheless agreed that a final determination of its appropriateness in the context of the other contributions and the overall story would be best made in the editorial process. And after months of editing . . . I had to admit that there were editorial decisions to be made in the interest of serving the overall narrative and composition that resulted in previously filmed scenes and footage not getting used.”
    Scarlett Johansson’s Directing Dream Dashed :: Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip

I go back and forth on hating her. My feelings aside, I don't get the hype. If she didn't have those tits and lips, no one would be giving her these record deals or shots at directing. I know she's been acting forever, but as far as her adult roles are concerned, she's the same in every movie I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by fattymatty View Post
    I go back and forth on hating her. My feelings aside, I don't get the hype. If she didn't have those tits and lips, no one would be giving her these record deals or shots at directing. I know she's been acting forever, but as far as her adult roles are concerned, she's the same in every movie I've seen.
    I mean, really, does anyone think these actresses on hollywood got their opportunities due to their "talent?"

They got these opportunities PRECISELY because of their tits and ass and looks. That's why they pay their "dues" by posing for FHM and the like (and going back periodically just to stay "sexy"). What, do people actually think producers scout for talent at acting schools?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

She sucks no matter what she does I guess. The poor girl has no idea that she can't sing, and apparently thinks she's the next Steven Spielberg too.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Shouldn't she learn how to act first, before she tackles directing?

Elite Member

When will this pari of tits disappear?

I don't think she's that bad as an actor. She's certainly very watchable. It's funny seeing the director tie himself in knots trying not to say how bad she was as a director, though.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Shouldn't she learn how to act first, before she tackles directing?

Yep.

and so Kevin Bacon is left lying on the cutting room floor..

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I can't help it. I lurve her.

She sucks at life.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Benbihy added, “Scarlett presented me with an extremely compelling, albeit unconventional, narrative that appeared as though it would not necessarily conform to the overall approach of the entire collective . . . However, I was very much moved by her vision and I did not want to pass on the opportunity to help her develop it. All that matters to me is the genuine movie language of the author.”

He continued: “Scarlett and I nonetheless agreed that a final determination of its appropriateness in the context of the other contributions and the overall story would be best made in the editorial process. And after months of editing . . . I had to admit that there were editorial decisions to be made in the interest of serving the overall narrative and composition that resulted in previously filmed scenes and footage not getting used.”
    BS, BS, BS. We don't need a dissertation--just say that it sucked, didn't fit in with the rest of the movie, and move the fuck on. GOD, I'm aging over here.

She must be on some Mia Farrow, Vadge shit, thanks to Woody building her ego.

...or dumbass Ryan told her she could sing. He just wanted a blowjob, bitch.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information