Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Angie Harmon defends Miss California

Default Angie Harmon defends Miss California

Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com; Denise Truscello/WireImage.comBuzz up!

Republican actress Angie Harmon is standing up for Miss California Carrie Prejean, who has been criticized for saying on Sunday's Miss USA pageant that she does not support gay marriage.
    "If someone is standing up for how they feel and talking about their beliefs, why are we punishing her for that?" Harmon, 36, told Usmagazine.com Tuesday at the opening of the Malibu Lumber Yard in Calif. "I just don't understand how we've gotten to a place in America where, if someone doesn't agree with everyone, then they are punished for it."

Prejean, 21, insists her controversial answer "cost" her the crown. (Shanna Moakler, director of the Miss California USA pageant, denies this.)
    Said Harmon, "I heard something in the car on the way over here, and it was like, 'She wasn't punished,' but she lost because of it. So she was punished."
    "I find it incredibly disappointing," she went on. "I mean, that is what she thinks. That's what she believes. I'm not going to punish anyone for that. I don't know if she lost because of it, but if she did, I think that is very disappointing. In the Miss USA, she can't stand up for what she thinks or what she believes in? I don't understand that."

Harmon told Us she disagreed with those - including judge Perez Hilton, who posed the question - who said Prejean should have given a middle-of-the-road answer.
    "People say she has to be PC ... no," Harmon said. "She's standing up for what she believes in. She didn't come out and say, 'I hate gay people.' That's not what she said at all. I think it's sad, I really do."

News - EXCLUSIVE: Angie Harmon Defends Miss California | Usmagazine.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I'm all for respecting other people's beliefs and opinions...except when they are stupid and narrow minded

Elite Member

She has a point. Individuals are entitled to their opinion based upon their belief system. This is a touchy issue throughout the country.

I don't see where the girl bashed anyone either. She just stated how she personally feels.

"I just don't understand how we've gotten to a place in America where, if someone doesn't agree with everyone, then they are punished for it."

Kinda like how if you don't agree that gay people should get married, gay people get punished? Kinda like how people are punished when you are given a vote on how they live their personal lives? It doesn't concern you or your marriage, so stay the fuck out of it. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM. Jesus, the right-wingers have it all ass-backwards.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Forget the girl's answer, I'm more shocked that Shanna Moakler is the director of the Miss Cali pageant. I know that Shanna is a former Miss Teen USA or something, but her behavior the last few years doesn't exactly embody the class and poise that you'd want in a beauty pageant director or contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    "I just don't understand how we've gotten to a place in America where, if someone doesn't agree with everyone, then they are punished for it."

Kinda like how if you don't agree that gay people should get married, gay people get punished? Kinda like how people are punished when you are given a vote on how they live their personal lives? It doesn't concern you or your marriage, so stay the fuck out of it. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM. Jesus, the right-wingers have it all ass-backwards.
    word.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Perfect post.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I believe Card watched the pageant, and her score still tallied up less than the winner. She wasn't deducted points for her answer. She just didn't have enough to win.

Secondly:

"We live in a land where you can choose interracial marriage or one race marriage," Prejean said. "And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between two people of the same race. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Better?

Same shit.

She's a bigoted cow, but she's honest. However, let's not pretend she's not a bigot.

"People say she has to be PC ... no," Harmon said. "She's standing up for what she believes in. She didn't come out and say, 'I hate gay people.' That's not what she said at all. I think it's sad, I really do."
    No, she just prefers keeping them as second class citizens and would rather they didn't have equal rights under the law. Either she's too stupid to actually hate, or she's just ignorant and bigoted.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"If someone is standing up for how they feel and talking about their beliefs, why are we punishing her for that?" Harmon, 36, told Usmagazine.com Tuesday at the opening of the Malibu Lumber Yard in Calif.

What is she doing at an opening of a lumber yard? Or is it the name of a new nightclub.

Im not sure she would of won even if she gave a different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    "If someone is standing up for how they feel and talking about their beliefs, why are we punishing her for that?" Harmon, 36, told Usmagazine.com Tuesday at the opening of the Malibu Lumber Yard in Calif.

What is she doing at an opening of a lumber yard? Or is it the name of a new nightclub.
    That was my favourite part of the whole article. I can't stand Angie Harmon so it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that she's doing lumber yard openings.

And to ManxMouse!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Perez Hilton is the last person who should be judging anyone on inner or outer beauty.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

I cant believe Perez called her a Cun*. Thats the lowest of the low. He is a jerk and look what he has done? She is on al the talk shows thanks to him, getting tons of attention and support. I think his words have hurt him and helped her.
    I dont think she could have won if she would have given the answer he said she should have given. But it looks like she has come out of it ok.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I think she's right, she has the right to her opinion and was honest with her views, but we the public and in this case judges also have right to criticize her for her answer.

Words sometimes do have consequences it's nothing new.

But I love that she's milking this to the end who was the winner again? lol

Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I believe Card watched the pageant, and her score still tallied up less than the winner. She wasn't deducted points for her answer. She just didn't have enough to win.

Secondly:

"We live in a land where you can choose interracial marriage or one race marriage," Prejean said. "And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between two people of the same race. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Better?

Same shit.

She's a bigoted cow, but she's honest. However, let's not pretend she's not a bigot.

No, she just prefers keeping them as second class citizens and would rather they didn't have equal rights under the law. Either she's too stupid to actually hate, or she's just ignorant and bigoted.
    And Thank You too!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information