Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy Spelling says daughter Tori spelling ‘plays the victim’

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Candy Spelling says daughter Tori spelling ‘plays the victim’

As Tori Spelling’s new book, Mommywood, which describes her mother Candy Spelling as “disastrous” and calls their relationship “intense and destructive,” hits bookstore shelves, an escalating war of words between mother and daughter has begun. To try to make sense of it all, OK! went straight to Candy to hear her side of things.
    “It hurts a lot,” she says in the new issue of OK! about the allegations made in Mommywood. “She’s always playing the victim, but at 36 years old, I think it’s time not to play the victim anymore.”
    It appears that one of the biggest issues Candy has with her estranged daughter is that she feels Tori is exploiting her children for her career. “I certainly never took one of my kids and made them objects,” she explains. “It’s always like they’ve got them when it’s convenient for the press. They are objects that are being used for her press persona… My kids — although she says differently — had a very normal life.”
    As for her currently strained relationship with Tori, Candy say, “I hope that it would change. My son has not stopped hoping. My husband [legendary TV producer Aaron Spelling] until the day he died was hoping. We are all there ready to welcome her with open arms. But she has to be willing.”
    So does Candy think Tori should have any more children? “That would be wonderful,” she says, adding with a laugh, “But just set up more trust funds!
    “It shouldn’t be all about the money. I know that’s a big thing with her, but that’s not all it’s about.
    [From OK! Magazine]

her baby is cute

Tori's face is like five too many levels of fucked up.

Boy, Candy is tearing Tori's ass up in the battle of words. I might buy that bitches book now (Candy's not Tori's)
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

god damn, she's ugly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

These two need to take this out of the media. What the hell are they thinking? I don't see how this relationship could ever possibly heal given all that's been said.

I saw Tori on the view this morning (yeah I know) and I completely got the impression she is playing the victum. It was totally obvious, to the point that all the women kept pressing her on the issue, that she is being a royal bitch both to and about her mom. I look for her to cry that she was somehow abused once Candy is dead and cannot defend herself.

It's weird though, as much money as Aaron Spelling left, why would he leave his daughter only something like $800k? Maybe he thought she'd fritter it away? Wanted to encourage her to work for her own money?

^^^ Or was pissed off that she left her first husband for a married man a short eight months after an extravagant wedding in which he footed the bill? He probably did want to teach her a lesson, good for him. No child should think they are entitled to anything, they aren't. Plus, in most instances, all of the money automatically goes to the surviving spouse. She's just a greedy little bitch.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Elite Member

These hollowood (fortuitous mistake maybe?) mothers are rancid witches, imo.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    It's weird though, as much money as Aaron Spelling left, why would he leave his daughter only something like $800k? Maybe he thought she'd fritter it away? Wanted to encourage her to work for her own money?
    Someone here at GR explained it not long ago, so hopefully I don't mess it up when I try to relay the info properly. In a nutshell: Since Candy Spelling is still alive, if Aaron Spelling left more than 800k to each of his children, the gov't would tax every dollar over that at a rate of 47%, which is just not worth it. So in order to give Tori 10 million dollars, the Spelling estate would've had to pay an extra 4.7 million dollars to the gov't to cover the taxes. Normally, children don't inherit a dollar until both parents are deceased (assuming they're not married to other people when they pass), so Tori should consider herself lucky and stfu.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Why? Candy has no control over who Aaron bequeathed his estate to. He set it up so there would be less inheritance taxes.

If Tori had a brain cell, she would realize her father did her a huge favor, ultimately.

I have a cousin like this. Her father set up a trust so that the mother could benefit from the estate until death then the kids would control it. My cousin is not talking to her mom because she believes she deserved a big fat check after dad died, and mom is responsible. Stupid cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    She should work for her money & that's what both her parents intended, at least that's what I've read here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Well, I guess the fruit didn't fall too far from the tree, then did it? Because Tori is a useless hollowood mother too isn't she? She can't make it as an actress so let's do a reality show, eploit your kids as objects (just like Candy says) and peddle shitty bookS about your mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Why? Candy has no control over who Aaron bequeathed his estate to. He set it up so there would be less inheritance taxes.

If Tori had a brain cell, she would realize her father did her a huge favor, ultimately.

I have a cousin like this. Her father set up a trust so that the mother could benefit from the estate until death then the kids would control it. My cousin is not talking to her mom because she believes she deserved a big fat check after dad died, and mom is responsible. Stupid cow.
    Tori needs to shut up and suck it up. I like the fact that Candy is putting money in a trust for her grandkids 'cause she KNOWS Tori would just piss it away trying to keep her "husband" happy.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Someone here at GR explained it not long ago, so hopefully I don't mess it up when I try to relay the info properly. In a nutshell: Since Candy Spelling is still alive, if Aaron Spelling left more than 800k to each of his children, the gov't would tax every dollar over that at a rate of 47%, which is just not worth it. So in order to give Tori 10 million dollars, the Spelling estate would've had to pay an extra 4.7 million dollars to the gov't to cover the taxes. Normally, children don't inherit a dollar until both parents are deceased (assuming they're not married to other people when they pass), so Tori should consider herself lucky and stfu.
    ^^Exactly. It's normal & customary to pass along your estate to your surviving spouse. This is the only way that your estate will not be taxed.--and taxed VERY heavily!--Like you said Sparkly whatever money he bequeathed to someone other than his wife, nearly HALF of it would've gone to the government under the Inheritance Tax law! You are allowed to pass on a small amount/percentage to a person/entity other than your spouse without it being taxed.--People on here have said that amount is about $800,000.--I'll take their word for it that that is indeed the amount, especially since that is the amount that Aaron left to Tori & to Randy.

What Aaron did was sensible, normal, & customary. His, and that of the attorneys who set up his will, main concern is to PROTECT THE ESTATE, and they did just that. It just can't be stressed enough how normal & usual it is for a person to simply pass on their estate to their spouse!! It's what usually happens! Yet spoiled Tori thought she'd be treated differently.--Even though kids don't usually inherit their parents' money until BOTH of them are dead. Tori is the greedy irrational one who was expecting a HUGE windfall (her penniless husband probably was banking on it too; i bet those two were greedily rubbing thier hands together in gleeful anticipation waiting to hear the enormous fortune they'd be getting, when Aaron died ) & has been all pissed off ever since learning she wasn't getting it. Cry me a river!!
    Olivia said:

^^Well said. I find it pathetic & sad that Tori is letting money come between her & her one surviving parent. This happens to so many people/families. I just don't understand it. Isn't love & family ties MUCH more important than money??--It should be anyway. And ESPECIALLY when Tori is already FAR MORE WEALTHY than probably 99% of people on this planet, anyway!!! I would be THRILLED beyond belief to receive $800,000!!!

AND it's worth noting that, as Mel mentioned, even if these inheritance taxes weren't an issue & the main reason Aaron passed (just about) everything to Candy, there IS the fact that Aaron may have been concerned about/skeptical of Tori's then-brand-new penniless husband who may very well have been just an opportunistic gold-digger. Again, he just protected his estate. And it's just so normal for a person's money to simply pass to their spouse upon their death, that i just can't even wrap my head around WHY Tori thinks in HER case it should've been done differently. If Aaron had had no will, the entire estate would've automatically passed on to Candy.

Tori is just being a greedy money-hungry bitch, letting this money issue ruin her relationship with the only mother she'll ever have. Sad. Team Candy.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

These 2 airing out their dirty laundry in public is pathetic on both their parts.

The son seems fine with what his father left him.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information