Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candy Spelling reaches out to daughter Tori Spelling

Default Candy Spelling reaches out to daughter Tori Spelling

http://www.celebitchy.com/46403/cand..._up_with_tori/

Apr 14 '09
    Candy Spelling wants to make up with Tori

Candy and Tori Spelling have more money than many third world countries, thanks to Spelling matriarch Aaron, but even all that dough can’t get rid of their family problems. In Tori’s memoir, she reveals that her mother was extremely critical of her as a child - her looks, her weight, her talent - nothing was out of bounds. The mother and daughter’s strained relationship only got worse after Aaron passed away. But now, as both women are preparing to launch new books, Candy Spelling is reaching out to her estranged daughter via the Internet.

Claiming she’s heard nothing but silence from her daughter, Candy Spelling has posted an emotional public letter to Tori Spelling, urging her to help repair their relationship.

“You haven’t responded to my emails, phone calls and text messages,” Candy, 63, says Monday on CandySpelling.com. “You say you look at my website, so I’m trying to reach you that way. I want to see you and your family – in private, like the ‘normal family’ you say always wanted.”

Candy says she’s been cut off from Tori, 35, and her two children with husband Dean McDermott, Liam, 2, and Stella, 10 months. Tori has responded that her mother can contact her, telling PEOPLE, “She knows how to reach me, she knows where we live.”

The spat comes as both have authored new books – Candy’s released last month, Tori’s reaching stores Tuesday.

“With your book coming out [Tuesday], the war of words will escalate,” writes Candy on her Web site. “That’s not what I want. I want us to be a family.”

Responding to Tori’s claim that her mother hasn’t “stepped up” to have a relationship, Candy writes, “Well, I’m stepping up. Call me, write me, text me.”

“I’m a mother who, like every mother, wants communication and a great relationship with you, my daughter, and your family,” writes Candy. “I’d love to work it out the way all families try to resolve issues. In private. But, as I wrote in my book, I was a celebrity by marriage” – her husband is the late TV producer Aaron Spelling – “then a celebrity by motherhood. That means that my life is public. I’m used to it. It comes with the territory.

“What makes it so difficult is to hear you say things like: I’d like to call my mother, or I love my mother but don’t speak to her, or I think she has my nanny’s phone number,” continues Candy. “I don’t want a reunion via talk show or to speak through the press. I want a relationship with you and my grandchildren.”

It is signed, “I am hopeful. Love, Mom.”
    [From People.com]

If it weren’t well documented that these two aren’t speaking to each other, I’d think this was a publicity stunt to promote both books. Not that I wouldn’t put it past either of them. Mothers and daughters have conflicts every day. If it weren’t for Aaron Spelling and his money, nobody would give a crap about either one of these people. But clearly, there are some longstanding issues here. It doesn’t seem like Candy Spelling thinks she’s done anything wrong, and Tori seems happy enough without having her mother in her life. So who knows if anything will come from this? It still won’t make me buy either book.

Elite Member

They are both such attention whores. I can see them pitching their reconciliation as some reality show.

I feel bad for Candy today. All mothers want the best for their children and sometimes that can make them seem overly critical. But, frankly, if Tori wants to have a good relationship with her daughter, the best step in that direction is probably to try to mend things with her mother or she just may find herself in this same type situation with Stella in a few years time. Frankly, I think this is all about Aaron's money. I think Tori is pissed that Candy got the lion's share. But Candy had to sleep with Aaron and produce babies (ugly ones) with him - she deserved every damned penny!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

So what if she was critical and hard on her daughter? At least Candy didn't hand Camel face everything on a silver platter, like her daddy did. He put her on one of his most famous shows, 90210. She's smoking crack if she thinks she earned that, or would've gotten the part if she auditioned. Get the fuck over yourself. Tori has made millions of dollars on her own, and her mother doesn't owe her a damn thing. Grow the fuck up, you selfish fool. Your mother isn't going to live forever.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Looks, weight and talent should be the subjects that parent should not be overly critical with. Candy sounds like abusive parent, and if Tori doesn't want to be in touch with her then good for her.

i feel like singing We Are The World.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    Looks, weight and talent should be the subjects that parent should not be overly critical with. Candy sounds like abusive parent, and if Tori doesn't want to be in touch with her then good for her.
    well, tori is ugly and talentless. and if candy doesn't want to give tori money, I guess she can keep peddling her ass, her useless husband and her (most likely) untalented children on Oxygen.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

If Tori doesn't want anything to do with her mother, fine. But STFU about it. First she has a tv show with a bitchy character based on her mother, then she writes books talking about guess who, her mother. Then she blabs in the press about her mother.

So I guess mommy did do something for you, Tori. She gave you something to talk about, because god knows you're not getting anywhere on your looks and talent, and neither is your weasel-faced husband.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

If she makes up with her will she get some money?
    I guess they should make up it will get them both some air time.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

they probably will after they see how well their books are going to do. At least Candy has Tori pegged “I don’t want a reunion via talk show or to speak through the press. I want a relationship with you and my grandchildren.” That's what bothers Tori - she can't snow Mommy like she did Daddy.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Anything to sell some books.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I don't get why Candy wrote a book about her daughter if she only wants a private relationship with her. It's not like she needs the money, so it looks like she craves fame just as much as Tori does.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I don't know if Candy's book is about Tori. Maybe her book is about Aaron and being a Hollywood wife? Either way, I don't care enough to bother reading any of the Spelling books.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well, tori is ugly and talentless.
    That I can totally agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I feel bad for Candy today. All mothers want the best for their children and sometimes that can make them seem overly critical. But, frankly, if Tori wants to have a good relationship with her daughter, the best step in that direction is probably to try to mend things with her mother or she just may find herself in this same type situation with Stella in a few years time. Frankly, I think this is all about Aaron's money. I think Tori is pissed that Candy got the lion's share. But Candy had to sleep with Aaron and produce babies (ugly ones) with him - she deserved every damned penny!
    Aaron (& Candy) brought their kids up to earn their money just like their dad had. There is a well known story that when Tori got her first appartment she (had to) furnish it from 2nd hand stores because thats all she could afford.
    She's always wanted to be a spoilt BH/BA princess and daddy & mommy wouldn't let her. Thats what this is all about. Tori wants the dosh. If Candy wants a relationship with her, all she has to do is pay her, but thats what they have tried not to do over the years (esp with that dead loss of a husband Tori now has! You just know that as soo n as Tori gets any money he's going to be off & ask for alimony!)

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    I'm sorry but who's parent doesn't give critical advise every so often? It keeps the kids' feet on the ground. Maybe Candy was trying to save her the heartache of never making it in the acting profession....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information