Thread: Solange Knowles DROPPED from label? Mathew Knowles backstabs Kelly Rowland?!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Solange Knowles DROPPED from label? Mathew Knowles backstabs Kelly Rowland?!

Well isn't this a juicy way to wrap up a day of gossip. Sources are reporting that Kelly Rowland isn't the only one of Mathew Knowles kids *snickers* without a label home. Apparently Solange Knowles was just dropped from her home at Geffen Records as well. And it happened right around the time the rumors of Kelly being dropped from Columbia first started. The reason why the official statement from Columbia Records came out so quickly about Kelly leaving was not just to confirm the rumors and make the situation and drama go away. It was also to deter the attention from Solange as she quietly got dropped from her label as well. Here's what a source at Geffen told BV:
    Geffen did a one-off deal with Music World Entertainment for Solange and wasn't interested in doing a new contract with her. People at the label really liked working with her because other than her infamous news outburst in Las Vegas, she was a constant professional. There were challenges dealing with her camp, but Solange was great to work with. In the end, the CD didn't sell despite Solange's countless high profile appearances.
    Womp womp. Honestly, Solo's Hadley Street Dreamsalbum was hot and I still don't know why it sold only 138k units to date. Yet and still, her label isn't trying to keep her there. Her manager and dad Mathew has been shopping Solo to the folks at Epic Records. But get this: That's the exact same place Kelly Rowland has been in talks to go to. Epic's new Prez Amanda Ghost had approached Kelly about joining their label after rumors started Kelly was leaving Music World/Columbia. It wasn't hard to figure out that once Kelly parted ways with Papa Knowles as manager, the label Papa Knowles is tied to (Columbia) would drop her pretty quickly thereafter. So Kelly and Epic had been meeting for a long time now and she was close to signing an official deal with them. But that's until Papa Knowles entered the picture. According to BV:

Amanda was really into signing Kelly and then Matthew started meeting with her about Solange. I'm told he used his influence in the Sony system with Beyonce to complicate the existing offer to Kelly and then the deal ultimately didn't happen.
    Dropped and backstabbed? With "family" like this…who the hell needs enemies?

Young, Black, and Fabulous :: Spreading Fabulousness & Foolywang Since ‘05 » Solange DROPPED From Label? Papa Knowles Backstabs Kelly?!

i have to say solange had a good album, maybe she just lacks beyonce star quality

i didnt know she had a label.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If you just showed me a picture of this person I would not have a clue who she is.

Wasn't there a very recent BI that we thought was about Rowland/Knowles?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    Wasn't there a very recent BI that we thought was about Rowland/Knowles?
    Yup.

BlindGossip 04/03/09

BlindGossip 04/03/09
    Dad Sabotages One Child’s Career

Dad has several kids, but we’ll focus on two, who are both adults. Offspring A is the A list celebrity everyone knows, who Dad acknowledges as his blood, and who has his name. Offspring B is his illegitimate child, and has a different last name. Offspring B is in the same business as Offspring A, and they have even worked together, but B has always been treated as a second-class citizen. Sadly, Dad has even made several moves to sabotage B’s career. For example, every time B has a project that’s about to be released, Dad pushes Offspring A into the headlines. Now B is struggling a bit, but are Dad and A stepping up to help? No. As usual, B will have to rely on him/herself to find work and pay the bills. (Blind Gossip)
    There's something seriously disturbing about Papa Knowles and the way he keeps throwing his other kid(s) under the bus in order to keep Beyonce at the head of the pecking order.

Looks like Solange is heading back to the basement to dust off Beyonce's weaves again.

And if that B.I. is right are they trying to say that Kelly and Beyonce are half-sisters? That'd be something.

Kelly has adamantly denied that Matthew's her father..but it's on Wikipedia, so maybe it's true.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    If you just showed me a picture of this person I would not have a clue who she is.
    Just remember that she's the girl riding Beyonce's coattails, and she usually sports a full on mustache.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

After reading about her little on air hissy fit, I could never suffer to listen to her music. I'd never really heard of her before then.

I've never heard the Kelly-illegitimate child story. Juicy! Wonder if it's true. It would explain quite a lot.

DNA test! DNA test!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Thread Information