Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scary celeb stretchmarks

A*O

My teenage son is pale as a ghost and he has some stretchmarks on his lower back (WTF?) from a recent growth spurt. I know they will fade with time but he's very self-conscious about them.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    You may be in luck! That was me-stretch marks on outer thighs. When pregnant,I went from 120 to 184-I do not recommend that! Took me 3 months to starve it all off and NO STRETCH MARKS! Maybe some pale people are just prone to them at puberty? I don't know-but no more,ever.
    Bless your heart I hope you're right! The stretchmarks I have now I can deal with, but having them on my tummy would be a nuisance. Did you do anything in particular during your pregnancy to prevent them?
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    I have them everywhere! arms, legs, lower back,abdomen & I even have one on my shoulder. I'm used to them but there are days where I wish I could be 15 with perfect skin......aaahhhh
    Had mine on my lower half, stomach and knees since I was 10. My aunt thought is was weird for me to have them so she took me to the doctor and had me take these rediculous pills! Now that Im older, the oddest place I have them are on my shoulders and inner ankles, how do you explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I was told only women get them! My Mum obviously knows nothing then I was bitching about mine and she said 'Another reason why it'd be nice to be male'. Duhhh.
    Men definitely get them. My husband has a lot actually - on his shoulders, his knees and abdomen, pretty much from growth spurts. They're pretty dark/intense still, but he doesn't care in the least and I find them sexy. He looks like he was attacked by a bear or something.

I have only very very faint ones on my hips. All but invisible, although I wouldn't wear anything that would show that area anyway. So far no pregnancy stretch marks yet. *fingers crossed*
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Rondette, stick with the bio-oil. It honestly does work. I have acne scarring on my face and it has made a massive difference in smoothing things out.

Quote Originally Posted by FierceKiten View Post
    Had mine on my lower half, stomach and knees since I was 10. My aunt thought is was weird for me to have them so she took me to the doctor and had me take these rediculous pills! Now that Im older, the oddest place I have them are on my shoulders and inner ankles, how do you explain that?
    I have no idea...I have just one on my shoulder. It was just there one day and I was like WTF? It happened when I was working out alot though, maybe I was getting larger shoulders. I have never seen any on anyone ankles or knees....makes me wonder how they look.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Oh god. I have stretchmarks everywhere, 80% of them from pregnancy. I only gained 30 lbs, but I ended up with horrible stretchmarks on the back of my arms near my armpits, on my thighs, on the back of my knees, the sides of my calf muscles, on my hips and ALL OVER my stomach below my belly button, even on my pubic area!!! And the ones on my stomach are HUGE, like super thick- a tiger attacked me. Shockingly, I had minor stretchmarks on my boobs from puberty, but none during my pregnancy even though I went from a C to a full DD. WTF?

Oh and I had no stretchmarks until I was around 32 weeks (I had gained 20 lbs by then). I thought I was in the clear, but then shit hit the fan when I gained the last 10 lbs.

I used tons of products to "prevent" stretchmarks, they don't work people, it's genetics!! Luckily, they have all faded to a silver color, but I will never again wear a two piece or show anyone my belly.

The kid was worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Oh god. I have stretchmarks everywhere, 80% of them from pregnancy. I only gained 30 lbs, but I ended up with horrible stretchmarks on the back of my arms near my armpits, on my thighs, on the back of my knees, the sides of my calf muscles, on my hips and ALL OVER my stomach below my belly button, even on my pubic area!!! And the ones on my stomach are HUGE, like super thick- a tiger attacked me. Shockingly, I had minor stretchmarks on my boobs from puberty, but none during my pregnancy even though I went from a C to a full DD. WTF?

Oh and I had no stretchmarks until I was around 32 weeks (I had gained 20 lbs by then). I thought I was in the clear, but then shit hit the fan when I gained the last 10 lbs.

I used tons of products to "prevent" stretchmarks, they don't work people, it's genetics!! Luckily, they have all faded to a silver color, but I will never again wear a two piece or show anyone my belly.

The kid was worth it though.

OMG, You sound just like me!! I used cocoa butter before I even got any stretch marks, and that shit did NOT work on me whatsoever! I didn't get em anywhere else but my stomach. I guess I will never be able to rock a two-piece without a surgeon's help lol.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Quote Originally Posted by Tati
    Men definitely get them. My husband has a lot actually - on his shoulders, his knees and abdomen, pretty much from growth spurts. They're pretty dark/intense still, but he doesn't care in the least and I find them sexy. He looks like he was attacked by a bear or something
    that's so cute! ahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by sultryred View Post
    Bless your heart I hope you're right! The stretchmarks I have now I can deal with, but having them on my tummy would be a nuisance. Did you do anything in particular during your pregnancy to prevent them?
    I really didn't worry about them then-I was too excited about being pregnant! I did always take a bath & used bath oil. Every night. Now I wonder if the warm water plus oil allowed it to penetrate more? I'll never know for sure. I did use a tub mat to prevent slips & the last 2 or 3 months hubby had to help me get out of the tub! Like a great turtle!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    hubby had to help me get out of the tub! Like a great turtle!
    This quote just made me smile. So cute.

I got them when I hit puberty as well (another pale rider weighing in). Mine tend to look blue/purpleish when they are feeling visiable. That's usually when it's chilly.

I've always been thin and never had a HUGE gain (more than 15 lbs), and even after puberty, every time I've gained a little I've gotten them on my thighs (bless my families tendencies to make tiny women with saddle bags. Blerg.). I've a few on my breasts too but those are only noticable if I get a "real tan". I've not had kids yet, but am a bit worried. I'm now into my thirties (won't say how much but it's a bit) and would like to, but will probably pay for it in the stretch mark deparment. But I'm sure I wont care when that time comes.

However, I don't remember seeing any on my mother or sisters stomachs, so maybe I am in the clear there. But I bet my breasts and ass/thighs will pay a hefty price.

Quite normal for women to get them on their breast, after all they grow all through adolesence. Even someone had the nerve to ask did I have a baby (before I got pregnant). making me more self conscious. The beau even has them on his hips but he is skinny as hell and doesnt quite care, which I find amazing. They are genetic for sure and the oils, cocoa butter thing DOES NOT WORK!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    My teenage son is pale as a ghost and he has some stretchmarks on his lower back (WTF?) from a recent growth spurt. I know they will fade with time but he's very self-conscious about them.
    yeah it happens to everyone; it sucks, but thats where I got all of mine - teenage growthspurts

next up - pregnancy!

i know a guy who actually had his lower back strectchmarks lazored off; dumbass.

My ex boyfriend gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time and got very noticeable, dark stretch marks on his arms, legs, and back (around the waist area). He was really upset about it.

Default Male bodybuilders

I've heard it's quite common for men who bodybuild to get them. They usually cover it up with tans.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information