Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mischa Barton looking dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by potato_chips View Post
    Ha ha, me, too. Especially when the person in the front and back of me are each holding only one bottle, and I'm pushing a cart with 6 bottles in it. It makes me feel like I'm the biggest drunk in line.
    I worked in various and sundry liquor stores when I was in school. We could spot the alcoholics, and it wasn't the person with the cart, no, that said "someone's planning a party this weekend" to the clerks. The alcoholics would buy pints or half pints only, one at a time, every day, even though it's a lot more expensive that way. And sometimes they'd stop in before work for a half pint, and after work for a pint. There was one guy who was kind of scary, he drove a landscaping truck, and he'd come in every 1-2 hours for another half pint of the cheapest, nastiest, rotgut vodka in existence. We offered to order him a case, and even give him a discount on it, but he didn't want to have that much on hand at any given time, because he'd drink it all.

So, if you don't want the clerks to think you're a lush, always buy fifths or larger. (Unless it's an obvious mixer, like schnapps, vermouth, etc.)

^^^I never thought of it that way but it makes sense. I remember that story about Paula Yates - Michael Hutchence's girlfriend - buying liquor that way before she died.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    I worked in various and sundry liquor stores when I was in school. We could spot the alcoholics, and it wasn't the person with the cart, no, that said "someone's planning a party this weekend" to the clerks. The alcoholics would buy pints or half pints only, one at a time, every day, even though it's a lot more expensive that way. And sometimes they'd stop in before work for a half pint, and after work for a pint. There was one guy who was kind of scary, he drove a landscaping truck, and he'd come in every 1-2 hours for another half pint of the cheapest, nastiest, rotgut vodka in existence. We offered to order him a case, and even give him a discount on it, but he didn't want to have that much on hand at any given time, because he'd drink it all.

So, if you don't want the clerks to think you're a lush, always buy fifths or larger. (Unless it's an obvious mixer, like schnapps, vermouth, etc.)
    I have made notes...
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I'm a cheap drunk, I'd have been thrilled for the case.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I like women who drink. I mean as a guy, sometimes I feel like a women will think I'm a degenerate alcoholic if they find out I drink a lot sometimes, but if the woman drinks, too, then I think she can relate to me. I like finding people who are open minded and understanding. I'm drunk right now, ha ha!
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Barton hasn't done anything of particular note in her career since starring in The O.C. as Marissa Cooper from 2003 until 2006.

However, she recently claimed she is happy to stay out of the limelight and still has some soul searching to do.

She said: 'TV is not something I'm looking at right now for a second, just because I'm really at a restful place in my life. I'm really just taking my downtime.

'I've seen a lot of other girls who just kept going and kind of spazzed out and I'm just really grateful to be settled right now and not working and not doing anything but working on myself.

'I just feel really blessed with a convergence of really good things going on right now, so I'm not in a rush to do a project.'
    Blah blah blah blah blah....translation: nobody wants to hire me so i'll try to convince people it's my idea....
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I feel like a drink now.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Mischa Barton shows off her geisha style at The Goldberg Sisters‘ special benefit concert on Thursday (May 12) at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles.
    The 25-year-old actress, wearing bright pink makeup, hosted the event, which helped raise funds for the disaster relief effort in Japan.
    “An honor and pleasure to share the @BOOTLEGtheater stage last night with @handssounds Talents and gentlemen to boot,” The Goldberg Sisters, actor Adam Goldberg’s current musical venture, wrote on their Twitter page.

May I never see his photo again. She reminds me of psychedelic Goldie Hawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    love the bright pink eyebrows but not sure about the beetles on her face...

Gold Member

Ha ha! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ shit

i still get embarrassed buying liquor alone and thats all im buying, its like, um kinda embarrassing, even though there like several people usually in front of me and behind me doing the same shizz
    Quote Originally Posted by potato_chips View Post
    Ha ha, me, too. Especially when the person in the front and back of me are each holding only one bottle, and I'm pushing a cart with 6 bottles in it. It makes me feel like I'm the biggest drunk in line.
    Omg you guys need to OWN your drank-buying, embrace your inner (and outer) lush and push that cart full o' booze with PRIDE, dammit!! Fuck anyone who judges!

Bwahahaha, I got a kick out of this! Mischa looks like I might enjoy hanging out with her. For about 10 minutes. You know, until she breaks out the crack pipe, which is always my cue to gtfo.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; May 14th, 2011 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post

i work as a cashier at a supermarket and sadly i can totally confirm this.

she's still using drugs, right? because that's the only explanation there is for this outfit.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    she's still using drugs, right? because that's the only explanation there is for this outfit.
    It was at a benefit for the Japan tsunami, so that's kind of an explanation but she's still blates doing some funky stuff.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah i think she's still on drugs too

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information