Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) before and afters

Silver Member

Default My Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) before and afters

@fgg This one is for you

Blepharoplasty is a common beauty surgery in asia,almost one third of the young generation had it done,and they usually get it when they turned 18.Myself on the other hand waited 26 years and finally decided to go for it.Its not about self-esteem or anything,im proud of my asian heritage and i love the uniqueness of asian beauty,its more like a childhood dream came true,i always wanted big double lids and the reason i didnt do it before its im afraid it might turned out the way that its not close to what i have in mind,but im really getting tired of taping my eyelids everyday,and i reached to the age that you kind of wish for a change(my first plastic surgery,btw...thats my real nose and lips,i get questions and comments of whether i had any work done on them a lot,thanks mom and dad,yall only gave me one thing i need to improve lol),so...why not?!

Actually im not so sure if i should call mine blepharoplasty,cuz in my case,there is no skin or fat being removed,no stitchings,and not even visible truama.The process is quite simple,the surgeon used a spicial surgical thread(designed for double eyelid surgery),by making tiny knots she sewed the skin and muscle together(i have like average 6 knots on each eye),i know this is very hard for you guys to follow,so ill post a video here to show you guys how its done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROKS...eature=related

It took me about a week to heal,i wouldnt call the whole process is very painful,i know it looks like it hurts like hell lol

Oh BTW I'm a guy if thats what you guys have been curious about xD

Alright,enough with the chitchat,lets bring the photos out

This is how my eyes used to look like before the surgery

I actually have a small crease before,its just you can hardly see it when i fully open my eyes

I normally tape my eyelid with double eyelid tape to creat the crease i want like this

without eyelid tape

Here comes the horror show

After Surgery - Day 1

Day 2

Since the first couple of days are when the swelling reaches to its high peak,so i didnt take any pics of the following 4 days

Lets goes straight to day 6
    My surgeon told me i should let my eyes free from makeup and moist from at least a week,but i had a big party going on on day 6,so i just went straight for it.The corner of my right eye was still a bit bruised at the time(i covered it with lots of eyeshadow),but in general my eyes were pretty much healed(and the makeup remover didnt sting my wound as i thought it would),most of my friends didnt notice anything unusual(they thought i taped my eyelids like what i usually do in the past xD)

freaky,i know lol

Day 7,the bruise was still there,i think it actually looked kind of awesome lol

Day 10

fter two weeks

After one month(with makeup)

After two month(without makeup)

After three month

Here are the ones with makeup on.I have to say my new transformed eyelids are so much easier to work on now,i dont even need half of the time i used to spend in the past on my eyemakeup ^ ^

Close up

And a few before and afters to make an end

In the end,what i really wanna say is,if you really feel like change something about yourself and it will makes you happier,go ahead and do so,you dont have to care much about what other people will say,cuz at the end of the day its all about yourself and how you feel.Ive received positive and negative comments,but as for myself,i feel much more confident now(not that i wasnt in the past,its just...more...does that make any sense? xD)
    Last edited by EDISON27; January 30th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Elite Member

You are really talented with that eye makeup, Edison! I'm glad you are happy with your surgery.

I think so too, if YOU don't feel comfortable in your own skin and there are possibilities to get it solved, do it ! Confidence can boost a lot of inner beauty and you start to glow.

The surgery looks like a very decent job.

You have like 3332 different faces, in some I could hardly tell woman/man.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

you have an awesome skin, Edison! If I would do a photo this close it would look awful

Why did you post this in the Just Plain Scary thread though?
    -

my favoite look is the one with the blonde wig.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I am in full envy of your makeup skills! I'm glad your surgery turned out well and you like the results. But I thought you looked great before too.

Fascinating how they only stitched, didn't remove any skin or fat, it's always so interesting to read exactly how they do these kinds of surgeries.

Bronze Member

Wow, add me to the envy list!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    You are really talented with that eye makeup, Edison! I'm glad you are happy with your surgery.
    Thanks love

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche View Post
    I think so too, if YOU don't feel comfortable in your own skin and there are possibilities to get it solved, do it ! Confidence can boost a lot of inner beauty and you start to glow.

The surgery looks like a very decent job.

You have like 3332 different faces, in some I could hardly tell woman/man.
    haha you are not alone here.I only wear (eye)makeup when i go out,sometimes when i go to the restrooms in a club i freak those poor guys out,they were like "hey,you are in the wrong washroom"
    But of course,if i do the full girlie look,ill just use the woman's
    but i once came across with a guy who made out with me and still thought i was a girl,how is that possible?? I thought he knew the whole time

fgg

thanks for posting! you do have amazing makeup talent! it looks like it would hurt so it makes me very squeamish...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    you have an awesome skin, Edison! If I would do a photo this close it would look awful

Why did you post this in the Just Plain Scary thread though?
    fgg told me to post it here,and to be honest i have no idea where else i can post this topic...but hey,it is kind of scary in some of the pics right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I am in full envy of your makeup skills! I'm glad your surgery turned out well and you like the results. But I thought you looked great before too.

Fascinating how they only stitched, didn't remove any skin or fat, it's always so interesting to read exactly how they do these kinds of surgeries.
    Yep fortunately i have got a surgeon with amazing skills and we communicated well and she fully understood what i want.the whole process only took 20 minutes,and we were chatting throughout the whole time (i guess she was trying to make me less nervous lol).Im lucky to have thin lids and not so much fat,otherwise the stitching surgery wont work cuz the knots wont be able to hold the skin and muscle attached together,in that case they will have to cut the lids open and remove part of the fat&skin and stitch them back together,in that case it will take a couple of months to heal;but in that way its permanent.My surgery is revertible,i can always go back and take the thread out if im not satisfied with the shape and ill go back to my monolids days...which ill never do lol

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    my favoite look is the one with the blonde wig.
    I love being blonde

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    thanks for posting! you do have amazing makeup talent! it looks like it would hurt so it makes me very squeamish...
    haha,actually it wasnt that much painful.if i have to rate from 1 to 10 ill only give it a 6...the only painful part was anesthesia injection,THAT 2 SECONDS HURTS LIKE A MOTHER******

Quote Originally Posted by EDISON27 View Post
    haha,actually it wasnt that much painful.if i have to rate from 1 to 10 ill only give it a 6...the only painful part was anesthesia injection,THAT 2 SECONDS HURTS LIKE A MOTHER******
    I was wondering about that part! Was it one shot per eye?
    I found that video quite interesting. I am glad you shared it so we could see/understand exactly what you meant.
    The old pictures seem to show the skin resting right on the eyelashes. Was that uncomfortable for you?
    You are very striking & talented. Are you a make-up artist? If not, you really should be!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

I meant you should just post the pics in the makeup thread where you mentioned it, not start a new one in just plain scary. Sorry!
    Posted from my iPhone
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Do you actually have a mole in your left eye? That little dark spot in the whites of your left eye.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Before and after, you are very beautiful and I wish my makeup skills were half of what yours are.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information