Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haifa Wehbe [Singer]

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    I absolutely love Nancy, and "Enta Eih" is my favorite song by her. Her ps is awful, that is very true...she is nothing to look at, but she has a great set of pipes.

Haven't heard Elissa. Do you have any recommendations on songs I can check out online?
    My favorite songs of hers are 3ayshalak, Bastanak and Lebanese Nights (a duet with Chris de Burgh which is in arabic and english. Lebanese Nights really moves me for some reason, brings back memories. But the lyrics are pretty sad, they played this a lot during the Israeli/Lebanon conflict almost a few years back. Another song of hers that plays constantly is Ajmal Ehsas. She has a truly incredible voice, I would say much stronger than Nancy Ajram. Also, I like Carole Samaha as a performer. Do you listen to much arabic music? Not to hijack the thread, but here is the song Enta Eih with english subtitles (I don't know if you understand arabic?) Nancy looks almost human here, not so bad:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wae5Vm2EuMA[/YOUTUBE]
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I like the eye makeup, reminds me of Cleopatra. I can never wear it like that coz it makes my small eyes seem even smaller.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Gold Member

I don't find Haifa pretty. She's very cheap/fake looking. Her nose job is bad, and the eye color is obviously contacts.

It's sad that people in the Middle East want to look Caucasian. There are some very pretty Middle Eastern women. They don't look right when they have surgery to make themselves look more Nordic.

I do wonder about one thing: I am surprised at how sexual Haifa is allowed to be in those videos, knowing how conservative the Middle East is about women's sexuality. Is she Muslim? Is she allowed to skow skin and be provocative like that? I'm surprised conservative Muslims haven't labeled her a whore a tried to stone her if so.

Yes, she is a Muslim, I guess by family right more than practice. But it just goes to show that extremism is a very small part of the Middle East. I think that its a major misconception that the majority of people here are very fundamentalist, its just not the case. She is very overtly sexual, but no one seems to care or notice, the majority of pop stars are here. Unfortunately, we have the same practice as in the US - image over talent. That means theres not a ton of great singers on the market here, however, there are a lot of half-dressed women. I'm sure in the more conservative areas like Saudi Arabia or Iran, her music videos may be prohibited, I have heard of several singers who are banned there. Vice versa, not many singers from those areas are popular at all here. However, she is very popular among many other areas. Most places in the Middle East that you will visit, you will be surprised, they are pretty progressive (or at least much more so than you will be led to believe by the media). Lebanon in particular (where Haifa is from) is even more liberal than the US. Where I am living at the moment, a relatively small amount of young women are veiled, and many dress pretty provocatively without any kind of notice. Skirts, tank tops, very tight jeans etc., theres not much here that is shocking in terms of dress. Haifa is regarded whorish by many people, but that doesn't mean she lives in fear of being stoned.

Another music video by Carole Samaha. She is regarded as being pretty sexy without being cheap:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uFLNBd-1MkE[/YOUTUBE]
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hottt.

Silver Member

I think she is very pretty, if only she would calm down on the makeup. She'd look gorgeous w/o all that imo. Also, I think it's funny that she's regarded as whorish just b/c she dresses sexy. She's like a saint compared to so many of the Western celebs these days.

Hit By Ban Bus!

More pics of Haifa

Whoa! What happened here??? Horrible, HORRIBLE shot!

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ whats horrible about it?

Quote Originally Posted by suzan View Post
    ^ whats horrible about it?
    She looks like a tranny in sausage casing.

fgg

other than the awful nose, she's beautiful. in some of those shots that aren't straight on she looks like aishwarya rai.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information