Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor [Actress]

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Once she hooked up with Richard Burton, she hit that wall. Sun, smoking, boozing to excess. She was always a partier, but she neglected herself during the Burton Era.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Was Burton already on his self-destructing path when they met? I would think that his drinking affected her in one or more ways.
    I was a child back then, but I remember wondering why this man came across so angry and pissed off even though he was married to the so-called most beautiful woman in the world.
    BITTER and Daphodil like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Once she hooked up with Richard Burton, she hit that wall. Sun, smoking, boozing to excess. She was always a partier, but she neglected herself during the Burton Era.
    She wasn't made to be a senator's wife, either, cos she went further downhill in her marriage to Senator Warner:

BITTER likes this.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Was Burton already on his self-destructing path when they met? I would think that his drinking affected her in one or more ways.
    I was a child back then, but I remember wondering why this man came across so angry and pissed off even though he was married to the so-called most beautiful woman in the world.
    Yes, he did seem like a miserable sort. All that talent too. I think that he felt slighted for never winning the Oscar or as much critical acclaim as some of his UK contemporaries. But they also weren't as temperamental or as much fodder for the tabloids as Burton was. Self-destructive to the max.

^^^Was he a good actor? He had a nice voice, but I've never seen him in a movie without Elisabeth and you watch her, naturally.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Yes, he did seem like a miserable sort. All that talent too. I think that he felt slighted for never winning the Oscar or as much critical acclaim as some of his UK contemporaries. But they also weren't as temperamental or as much fodder for the tabloids as Burton was. Self-destructive to the max.
    In a documentary, it also said that he was "an actor's actor" whose favorite medium was the theatre and that he kind of looked down on the movie industry, especially Hollywood, for making pulp that did not require real acting skills and made less talented people household names with millions of dollars in the bank. He hated the fact that he had betrayed himself by having been seduced by that industry into joining it. At least, that's what was claimed in that documentary.

***** celeb

And didn't he have a huge drinking problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^Was he a good actor? He had a nice voice, but I've never seen him in a movie without Elisabeth and you watch her, naturally.
    Serviceable enough. He was good in My Cousin Rachel with Olivia de Havilland (his first Oscar nomination - Best Supporting Actor) and Sea Wife, the latter was a bit of a dud with Joan Collins although he was fine in it. I absolutely loved him with Liz in The Taming of the Shrew, Petrucchio was a role he was born to play.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

She was so stunning! She loved using strong, dark eye make up which worked well when she was younger, also for black and white photographs and movies, but it's too harsh in real life, especially if you're not 20 anymore.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    In a documentary, it also said that he was "an actor's actor" whose favorite medium was the theatre and that he kind of looked down on the movie industry, especially Hollywood, for making pulp that did not require real acting skills and made less talented people household names with millions of dollars in the bank. He hated the fact that he had betrayed himself by having been seduced by that industry into joining it. At least, that's what was claimed in that documentary.
    He chose to sell out. At least he took responsibility for the fact that HE did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    And didn't he have a huge drinking problem?
    He encouraged Liz to drink as much as he did. His diaries were something else - on Datalounge a few years ago, someone posted excerpts from it, including a really gross one that rivals Bobby Brown cleaning the feces out of Whitney's ass crack. Burton went in the serious detail about Liz' bloody piles and how she had to wear a diaper because she allegedly ruined several dresses. She wore the diaper so she could go pub crawling with Richard.

I'd much rather had read about her violet eyes, not her brown eye, feel me?
    Lofty Bike likes this.

^^That's fucking awesome. A diaper to pub crawl. Why didn't I think of that?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Bronze Member

I love her and Audrey Hepburn.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information