Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bjork [Singer]

She's an odd duck, but I like her and her squishy face. I do think she's very strangely beautiful. I got to see The Sugarcubes play twice back in the late 80s, early 90s, when I still had a life.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think she's adorable.
    and i don't care what the haters say, i fucking loved that swan dress.
    I like the swan dress, too.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^I loved that dress! Kooky, creative and effortless (unlike what Gaga wears). Oh, despite that girl's assessment of Bjork's looks as "the ugliest woman in the world", I think she's strangely cute, and that makes her more attractive than a more cookie-cutter beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Check out this 360 degree vid she made for Stonemilker (from the latest album Vulnicura, all of which is about her long-time partner leaving and breaking her heart). When she steps out of frame, use your mouse to pull the image around and find her.
    she split from matthew barney?
    i always thought she was too good for him anyway. he's alright but she's amazing.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    she split from matthew barney?
    i always thought she was too good for him anyway. he's alright but she's amazing.
    Yep.
    I thought they were opposites as far as art; her music & visuals are all about emotion, vulnerability, lack of inhibition. His art (imo) is cold, cerebral, provocative but off-putting. She had said in the past he's obsessed with restraint. Considering the lyrics on Vulnicura, that same dynamic played out in the end of their relationship.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I've always likened her to the Fair Folk. I love her face. I particularly loved that video of her snapping on a pap taking pictures of her baby.
    ManxMouse and Lalasnake like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She's very attractive to me, always has been. And holy crap, so talented. Her acting is great too, she had me crying my eyes out in Dancer in the Dark.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I've always loved her, as a teen I wished my features could have been more Fair Folk's, like hers
    She's definitely unique
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Air Quotes likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I love that photo. That's an art piece.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    She's very attractive to me, always has been. And holy crap, so talented. Her acting is great too, she had me crying my eyes out in Dancer in the Dark.
    It's kind of ironic. My daughter and I were sitting at the computer two nights ago going through a bunch of Bjork videos. Love, love, love "Human Behaviour" and "Venus as Boy". My daughter's favorite, though, was live performs of "Oh, so quiet". At some point, Bjork makes what seems like a dolphin sound. My daughter fell out of her chair laughing. But wow, what a beautiful and distinctive singing voice....

Her live performance of Human Behaviour on "Conan" (1993) was terrific. Conan actually had her sit and interviewed her right afterward. Her speaking voice is as beautiful as her singing one:

ManxMouse and Serendipity like this.

If you want to go down the youtube rabbit hole, check out the later two songs that form a trilogy with "Human Behavior." They follow a character who is a child, then teen, then young woman trying to make her way in the city.
    Sad but beautiful
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

MohandasKGanja likes this.

I've always loved this one, crazy but awesome.

ManxMouse likes this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

^^^ yes, and makes me think partying with Bjork would be pretty awesome.
    Serendipity likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information