Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gene Tierney [actress]

Default Gene Tierney [actress]

To go with all the Old Hollywood beauties in here, I thought I'd add Gene Tierney. IMO she was the most beautiful woman to have ever graced the screen, I'd kill to look like her.

G]

Gene was exquisite. Similar in looks to Joan Bennett, but more exotic and unusual. The famous portrait from "Laura":

People probably remember her best from that film, or perhaps "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir." But she was especially good as the manipulative, narcissistic sociopath in "Leave Her To Heaven":

I love this expression:

Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

She was very pretty. Chalet will thank you for this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Stunningly beautiful, easily my favorit Hollywood actress when it comes to looks
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

She was a knockout. I can watch Leave Her to Heaven over and over again...

She had some really tough breaks and ended up in a mental hospital. But she got better.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Aw, another one of my Brooklyn girls. Gene was a beauty, but she had a rather unhappy life. She had a very ill child- whose illnesses are thought to have happened because a fan with Rubella snuck out of quarantine to meet Gene- and years of mental illness, electric shock therapy and institutions.

Her daughter Tina was excluded from Cassini's will, even though he had promised at his divorce from Tierney that he would write a will that left half his money to Tina and Daria. Tina tried to fight for his estate, but was unsuccessful.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; August 1st, 2011 at 09:11 AM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^That was such a sad story.

The United States entered into World War II and Cassini joined the Coast Guard. Soon after, Gene discovered that she was pregnant. Still, she also went to work for the war effort, giving speeches, selling bonds, and serving soldiers at the Hollywood Canteen. One night at the Canteen, she caught German Measles. Though she thought nothing of it at the time, the illness would one day change her life.
    Gene gave birth to Daria on October 15, 1943. She was born prematurely and immediately needed blood transfusions. As the child neared her first year, her health declined. She had an unremovable cataract, lacked fluid in her ear and lost her hearing.
    Doctors told Gene that Daria would never be able speak and that she would always have the mind of a child. It was then that she learned about the effect German Measles had on a child's brain in the early stages of pregnancy. Though she was reluctant to follow her doctor's advice to institutionalize her daughter, she finally gave in when Daria was four. Around this time, Gene and Cassini decided to separate.
    About a year after Daria was born, a woman approached Gene at a party. She said that she had been a marine during World War II and had broken quarantine when she had German Measles, so she could go to the Hollywood Canteen. She had met Gene that night. Gene was stunned, but she didn't tell the woman what had happened to her daughter.
    I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons why she and Cassini split was because he wanted to institutionalize Daria and she didn't He pressured her until she finally gave in.

wow that is such a sad story about her daughter

Gene was quite beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

And she couldn't even tell the press about it. The movie studio didn't want people to know their star had a "retarded" daughter. Gene was a bigger person than me - I think I would have killed that woman.

^^Me too. I read a quote somewhere that when the woman told her about escaping quarantine to see her, she said she just turned around and walked away. I wouldn't have kept my cool like that.

A story similar to the Tierney tragedy was used in the Agatha Christie story and subsequent movie "The Mirror Cracked" with Elizabeth Taylor, Kim Novak, Angela Lansbury and Rock Hudson. Only that child died.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    ^^Me too. I read a quote somewhere that when the woman told her about escaping quarantine to see her, she said she just turned around and walked away. I wouldn't have kept my cool like that.
    Seriously. She either had a lot of self-control or decided the woman wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    She was very pretty. Chalet will thank you for this.
    Sweet.

This is my avatar elsewhere. Love this picture of her.

Kirk Douglas had a big thing for her overbite. I read his book a long time ago and think they had a fling.

Gene was at her most adorable in Heaven Can Wait. (unrelated to Warren's movie)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiK0SyCydU[/youtube]

The whole movie is here in high quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_jS...eature=related
    Last edited by Chalet; August 4th, 2011 at 05:44 PM.

I ran across this picture and was struck by how exquisite her bone structure was. Straight on and her face looks flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    A story similar to the Tierney tragedy was used in the Agatha Christie story and subsequent movie "The Mirror Cracked" with Elizabeth Taylor, Kim Novak, Angela Lansbury and Rock Hudson. Only that child died.
    Oh, wow, I read that book earlier in the summer, but had no idea it was based in reality.

JFK liked her too, but would not marry her because she was a divorcee with a child. Would not have looked good for his then-burgeoning political career. She ended up voting against him in 1960...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information