Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty [Actor]

Default Re: Warren Beatty [Actor]

Yeah, she has a dancer's body. You can always tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunashar
    Great post as always
    When i found out , like 6 years ago, that Warren and Shirley were siblings i just couldnt believe it, i dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    wow, i'd forgotten shirley mclaine had such a perfect body. silly outfit but she looks amazing in that autographed pic
    warren is delicious as usual. thanks for all the pics, HWBL
    You're welcome, guys

Here's a few more that show early Shirley's body and love for dance, plus some other childhood pix of her and toddler Warren

Prime Shirley

Shirley at 45 performing at the Lido in Paris and at 50 gracing the cover of Time Magazine.

Shirley in one of her best known roles "Irma La Douce", posing with her daughter Sachi (Stephanie) for Life Magazine, and with her Oscar for Best Actress

Shirley as a baby, twice with toddler Warren, and one with 17 year old Warren (after she'd already left home).

Finally two family portraits: Shirley with parents Ira and Kathlyn, and Shirley, daughter Sachi, Warren, Ira and Kathlyn (I don't know what the hell they were smoking when they took that pic! ).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Special attention Chatteaux!

Since you liked "Ishtar", I have a feeling you might go for this one, too. I recently, finally, got to see "The Fortune" a.k.a. "Spite and Malice" and it's a good contender for "Ishtar", because it's simply H I L A R I O U S!!

It was shot the same year as "Shampoo", believe it or not, and the studio wanted to put it out as THE main Beatty vehicle for that year. They only agreed to put out "Shampoo" as a B-choice, because the studio heads thought "The Fortune" had more chances at the box office. In the end, "Shampoo" became a huge box office hit and "The Fortune" disappointed as far as gross intake was concerned. It is, however, one truly too funny movie starring real life good friends Beatty and Nicholson, playing extremely well off each other, and obviously having a hoot doing so!

The story plays in the 1920's and is about Nicky Wilson (Beatty) who is a married man with a mistress (Stockard Channing playing Fredrika Contessa 'Freddie' Biggars/Sullivan). Because of his marital status and being unable to divorce, Nicky - due to the M.A.N.N. act - is unable to take his mistress legally across state lines to consummate their affair. Therefore he has constructed a brilliant scheme, in which his - in his eyes inferior to him - friend Oscar Sullivan aka Oscar Dix (Nicholson) can substitute as the groom, thereby making their traveling with a female completely legal.

They move to California and during their travels it is already hinted at that the mistress is actually an heir to a great fortune, which Nicky tries to deny as long as possible. Upon their arrival in California it doesn't take long for Oscar to develop (lusty) feelings for the heiress and soon consummates his "marriage" to her for real, in the absence of Nicky who is working as a car salesman. A fall-out follows during which the heiress comes to realize the two men are really only after her impending FORTUNE, and she threatens to give it all away to charity. The fear of that happening causes the two, unbelievably inadequate, men to bond and plan out another scheme> the heiress must die, so that they can get to her fortune. A slew of incredibly funny slapstick murder attempts follows and the acting Beatty and Nicholson show in these scenes is beyond hilarious.
    I swear, halfway through the movie you'll be rolling on the floor with laughter.
    I love how Warren is the "bossy" brainy one in this movie and Nicholson the dimwit, who turns out not to be so stupid after all. It's like a take on Laurel and Hardy> they're both bumbling idiots, but one finds himself superior to the other
    Only Beatty can say "Goddamnit" as hilarious and as frequently as you'll hear it in this movie. Like I said, he looks like crap in this movie, but he really proves to be a great comedic actor and together with Nicholson, as with Hoffman in "Ishtar" proves to be fantastic as one of a comedic duo. One other, unintentionally?, hilarious thing is that the movie also shows Beatty can't smoke at all, as his character frequently lights up one, but the actor Beatty can't inhale, so it looks hysterical the way he puffs on the cigarettes!
    The first murder/suicide attempt on the heiress life will have you near peeing your pants> pure slapstick.
    Try to rent or buy it because after Ishtar, I'm sure you'll be in stitches for this one, too.

Last edited by HWBL; March 3rd, 2006 at 08:08 AM.

***** celeb

I dont know why you think he doesnt look good now, i think he aged gracefully. of course he wont be looking as gorgeous as when he was young but he is still very handsome. I always thought him and Robert Reford (dont tell me he is Irish ) are the most good-looking old actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatteaux
    Thank you!

Warren can do a beard but not a moustache. I totally forgot about The Fortune. I hardly remember it but it's time to find it somewhere.

Re: Shirley...One of my all time faves is "What a Way to Go". Not sure if it was a hit at the time, but it's such a Hollywood movie pulling out all the stops. Remember the scene with Robert Mitchum where they are sitting up high in a champagne glass? Her figure was underrated. Sensational figure. She wore a bikini in the film and she was perfect.

Here is a favorite pic of mine:
    Thanks for posting that color pic of his perfect profile, Chatteaux! Now, as he is older, his nose is less turned up than it used to be. It really is true that men's ears and noses grow and change shape!

He looked a lot like Howard Hughes in "The Fortune" which is why rumors arose that he could be close to finishing his movie about him. So far, as far as I know, his plans to make a project on Hughes have always remained that: plans. Secretely I'm hoping and wishing he did make a movie throughout the sixties until now and will compile it into one movie (the way John Carradine once started a project on Mata Hari starring his daughter, he filmed her through the years so that she could naturally age for the part - don't know if he ever finished that project, I guess I gotta look it up on IMDB! )

I haven't seen that Shirley movie Another one to add to my list.....

***** celeb

I just had a birthday so indulge me

Some more random shots of this gorgeous, GORGEOUS, man. From the past, but also from last month (the very last one, with Cloris Leachman). ENJOY! (I know I do ).

^First pic is with Joan Collins.

^Next three with Natalie Wood.
    It looks like Warren and Natalie were the Pitt/Jolie's of their time,
    with paparazzi following them wherever they went!

^With lover Julie Christie in the wonderful Altman movie "McCabe & Mrs. Miller.

^With Julie in 1972 - always love to see them together.
    With Jack Nicholson and Art Garfunkel at a McGovern 1972 fundraiser.

^In the great Pakula movie "The Parallax View",
    and in "Shampoo".

^"Heaven Can Wait".

^A very smitten Diane Keaton with a nerdishly handsome looking Warren

^With one of his best friends Dustin Hoffman.
    With another very good friend Jack Nicholson in 2000 and
    still great at sixty-eight! With Cloris Leachman (sp) in February of 2006.
    Last edited by HWBL; March 16th, 2006 at 06:36 PM.

***** celeb

Please explain "Dollars". Wow that was a bad one.

And two words for you....Milton Armitage. He was brilliant! Played him to the hilt. Seen every show.

"Dollars"> not his only bad choice, hehe But, the man followed (and still does) his heart. He was with Julie at that time, and whenever she was in Europe (England mostly of course), he went there, too. So he made a few mediocre/bad movies in Europe, like "Promise her anything" with then lover Leslie Caron (another European girl), and this noisy one. Oddly enough the critics like it a lot, especially the chase scene at the end. I just think it's forgettable (though I've seen much worse stuff from many other actors) and cheap looking and very noisy.

Milton Armitage, Dobie Gillis, right? I've never watched that show and only quite recently found out he was on it. I think he was only on it for 1 year, is that right? Before "Splendor"?

***** celeb

^Chatteaux!!!!!!

You're so friggin' lucky you saw all that stuff! I never saw Dobie Gillis (before my time) and never caught any reruns. And I didn't see Roman Spring either. It is funny to see how some critics hail him for his accent and others are appalled by it. The critics ARE universal in their praise for his outrageous good looks, however, some of them even saying Vivien Leigh was still a beautiful woman, but that Beatty's physical splendor even surpassed hers!

***** celeb

^Hey, that's cute! Didn't know that one, yet. Thanks, Chatteaux.
    The idea that they differ 21 years in age! <shivers>

Yeah, the football hero from Virginia playing an Italian gigolo...... I guess they were really aiming for trouble

***** celeb

High time for a delicious dose of Beatty, who just celebrated his 69th (YIKES!) birthday on March 30th.
    Old and recent pix.

***** celeb

Warren was very buff in Ishtar. Was he about 45? Great shoulders, great arms. Where can I see his legs?
    48/49 when it was shot, 50 when it was released. Yeah, looked good. I liked how Dustin would totally disappear behind him in the "Little Darling" scene and how Lyle said he'd look like a truck in a certain type of jacket But like this quote I posted earlier in this thread says:

From a magazine, a photographer who photographed him.
    "Clinically speaking, he should not be as beautiful as he is. His face is too long, his eyes too small, too close set and on top of that they're mis-aligned. He has a turned up nose, which usually only looks good on young girls. His teeth are perfect, but too big, he has too much of a pout to be considered manly. His jawline is too square, his eyelashes too long, his hair curls too much in the wrong directions. He is too big in the chest and shoulders to make him appear attractive in photographs, because the camera puts on 10 pounds at least. His legs on the other hand are relatively thin and too long compared to the rest of his body. In all fairness, he does not photograph all that well. But when you meet him face to face, you're rendered speechless. I've been doing this job for a long time now, photographed a lot of models, and without a doubt he is one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure to capture."
    his legs apparently have always been too skinny for his height and athletic build, although I found them just right in Ishtar. On the other hand, Elizabeth Taylor - after working with him - was quoted as saying about Warren's body: On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate his body 15.

Here's the legs (remember the room was dark so that accounts for the lack of quality of these shots).

Did you get Ishtar yet?
    Last edited by HWBL; April 9th, 2006 at 04:30 AM.

***** celeb

^"Warren BEAUTY" was also often used in various movies and series as a reference to him.

***** celeb

Ah, yep, yep, yep. It's Mother's Day and I'm sure there's some moms out there who remember G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S Warren in his prime. And us young(er) ones can, too, thanks to the joy of video and DVD.

I found some lovely quotes on (young) Warren Beatty and some great shots to go with them. Enjoy!

Life Magazine, November 1961

The most exciting American male in movies just now is a tall, rangy,
    girl-bedazzling 24-year-old former high school football star, who is still so
    new to fame that he is likely to burst out in sudden blushes.
    Great directors predict a glittery future for him, famous actresses
    praise him extravagantly.

"Some guys," says Eva Marie Saint, an actress famed for her
    bluntness, "come at you like a Mack truck.
    This one is slow, smooth and in complete control."

Hollywood sees more in Beatty, younger brother of actress Shirley
    MacLaine, than a great actor. It counts him a new and major movie star,
    combining the little-boy-lost charms of the late James Dean and the
    smoldering good looks of Marlon Brando.

What made Beatty bloom baffles the professionals. They just know that
    whatever it is to make a star, he has it. He was receiving fan mail even
    before his first movie appeared. Overnight he has become a collector's item.
    Perhaps it was what critic Kenneth Tynan called the "sensual lips, pensive
    brow" that excited New York audiences after his stage debut. Perhaps it is
    the eyes which, wide and innocent, sometimes can squint in disbelief at
    everything he sees or hears. But there is charm and mystery - something
    extra and it is going to make Warren famous.

(left) Eva Marie Saint teases the 13-year younger Warren Beatty on the set of their movie "All Fall Down", to help unwind him.
    (right) Warren Beatty was intimidated by Natalie Wood's arrival on the set of his debut movie, as she brought along an entourage of 12 people (hairdressers, make-up assistants, secretaries etc.). She'd been in the movies since she was 4 years old. During the filming they learned to appreciate and like each other, as this pic - taken at Natalie's 23rd birthday party on the set - proves. Warren is covered in cake and Natalie is already seeing more in him. Her marriage was already in trouble when shooting of "Splendor In The Grass" began, and by the time Beatty and she had to go out on a promo tour, they fell in love and started a 2 year relationship.

Out on the long promo tour for "Splendor", Warren and Natalie not only traveled across the USA, but also overseas to Europe (Nice, Venice and Rome, London). Natalie loved all the attention, Beatty could do with less, due to his rather reclusive personality. You could say Natalie almost didn't know any better, having been a star for so long. When Warren broke through he was 23, when she was that age, Natalie had already had a 19 year career!

After Natalie came Leslie Caron, another relationship that lasted about 2 years.

Then he met the gorgeous British actress Julie Christie, some may argue the love of his life (at least until Annette Bening) with whom he had a 7 year relationship and still maintains a deep friendship.

(left) Warren had his hands full trying to control Faye Dunawaye's diva attitude during the shooting of "Bonnie & Clyde" serving as a mediator between her, the rest of the cast and the crew. He kept her on a tight leash during the movie's national and international promotional tour
    (right) Warren in 1974 at 37.

Finally settling down in 1992 with Annette Bening, 21-years his junior. Enjoying their oldest daughter Kathlyn's first steps.

***** celeb

LOL nice biography you made here
    But I don't get the eyelashes thing....can't see what's so special about them :X

^LOL, well, I didn't make the bio, I just copied it from many (incoming) sources.

What don't you get about the eyelashes? The double eyelash thing? I didn't know what it was at first, either. I used to read about Elizabeth Taylor that she has them, but didn't pay attention to it. Then two of my cousins had them, too, which is when I was explained what it actually is. It's when there's more, thicker and longer eyelashes, they close like a veil over the eyes, there's less room between eyelashes than with regular eyelashes that most people have. Hope that explains it for you, it did for me

***** celeb

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information