Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty [Actor]

Great pic. Not because he looks good in it (he looks kind of ugly in it, really), but because it so clearly shows his double eyelashes on his upper eyelids. Elizabeth Taylor had double eyelashes on both her upper and lower eyelids!
    Witchywoman likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm posting this because it seems like "Heaven Can Wait" has been on cable EVERY SINGLE DAY this month. That being said, I like it -- my best friend's parents took us to see it when I was a kid. Just a sweet, funny movie, with a lot of good actors. I particularly like Vincent Gardenia in basically everything I've ever seen him in. Julie Christie is not my type (I'm more of a Dyan Cannon guy) but I objectively realize she was beautiful. This was also a good time for Beatty to be portraying a quarterback. Kind of like Namath with his glamorous, wind-blown hair.

^Unfortunately my favorite scene from the movie is no longer on YouTube (the one with Dyan Cannon "reliving having seen a mouse"). Those old trailors were pretty much the entire movie in a nutshell, very revealing, LOL.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^Unfortunately my favorite scene from the movie is no longer on YouTube (the one with Dyan Cannon "reliving having seen a mouse"). Those old trailors were pretty much the entire movie in a nutshell, very revealing, LOL.
    I remember the mouse scene from just a few days ago! Cannon sees Beatty, who is supposed to be dead. She screams, in front of Beatty and Christie. And then Grodin drags her into another room and then comes back and sheepishly tries to explain why she was screaming.

I also always loved the chemistry Warren had with Jack Warden (such a great actor). He had Jack in three of his movies: Shampoo, Heaven Can Wait and Bulworth.

***** celeb

Just because it is one of my fave movies of his.

Witchywoman likes this.

***** celeb

Was visiting the early pages of this thread and of course stumbled upon Photobucket's missing pix (because they have paid services now). So here's an old post with pix restored.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post

Since you liked "Ishtar", I have a feeling you might go for this one, too. I recently, finally, got to see "The Fortune" a.k.a. "Spite and Malice" and it's a good contender for "Ishtar", because it's simply H I L A R I O U S!!

It was shot the same year as "Shampoo", believe it or not, and the studio wanted to put it out as THE main Beatty vehicle for that year. They only agreed to put out "Shampoo" as a B-choice, because the studio heads thought "The Fortune" had more chances at the box office. In the end, "Shampoo" became a huge box office hit and "The Fortune" disappointed as far as gross intake was concerned. It is, however, one truly too funny movie starring real life good friends Beatty and Nicholson, playing extremely well off each other, and obviously having a hoot doing so!

The story plays in the 1920's and is about Nicky Wilson (Beatty) who is a married man with a mistress (Stockard Channing playing Fredrika Contessa 'Freddie' Biggars/Sullivan). Because of his marital status and being unable to divorce, Nicky - due to the M.A.N.N. act - is unable to take his mistress legally across state lines to consummate their affair. Therefore he has constructed a brilliant scheme, in which his - in his eyes inferior to him - friend Oscar Sullivan aka Oscar Dix (Nicholson) can substitute as the groom, thereby making their traveling with a female completely legal.

They move to California and during their travels it is already hinted at that the mistress is actually an heir to a great fortune, which Nicky tries to deny as long as possible. Upon their arrival in California it doesn't take long for Oscar to develop (lusty) feelings for the heiress and soon consummates his "marriage" to her for real, in the absence of Nicky who is working as a car salesman. A fall-out follows during which the heiress comes to realize the two men are really only after her impending FORTUNE, and she threatens to give it all away to charity. The fear of that happening causes the two, unbelievably inadequate, men to bond and plan out another scheme> the heiress must die, so that they can get to her fortune. A slew of incredibly funny slapstick murder attempts follows and the acting Beatty and Nicholson show in these scenes is beyond hilarious.
    I swear, halfway through the movie you'll be rolling on the floor with laughter.
    I love how Warren is the "bossy" brainy one in this movie and Nicholson the dimwit, who turns out not to be so stupid after all. It's like a take on Laurel and Hardy> they're both bumbling idiots, but one finds himself superior to the other
    Only Beatty can say "Goddamnit" as hilarious and as frequently as you'll hear it in this movie. Like I said, he looks like crap in this movie, but he really proves to be a great comedic actor and together with Nicholson, as with Hoffman in "Ishtar" proves to be fantastic as one of a comedic duo. One other, unintentionally?, hilarious thing is that the movie also shows Beatty can't smoke at all, as his character frequently lights up one, but the actor Beatty can't inhale, so it looks hysterical the way he puffs on the cigarettes!
    The first murder/suicide attempt on the heiress life will have you near peeing your pants> pure slapstick.
    Try to rent or buy it because after Ishtar, I'm sure you'll be in stitches for this one, too.

***** celeb

Through the years with other celebs:

^Robert Wagner, 1980's

^Cloris Leachman, circa 2004

^Steven Spielberg, around 2009

^George Lucas, 1980's

^Denzel Washington, 1990's

^Joanie Mitchell, 1970's

^Leonard Bernstein, Aretha Franklin, Bette Davis, late 1970's/early 1980's

^Wife Annette Bening and Jane Fonda, 2012

^Andy Warhol, 1970's

^Judy Garland and Elizabeth Ashley, 1960's

^John Kerry, 2004

^Kenny Leon, Uma Thurman, Chita Rivera, 2018

^Edward (Ted) Kennedy, 1970's

^Demi Moore, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Kevin Costner, Jodie Foster, Dennis Quaid, 1994

^Michael Hutchence, Kiley Minogue, 1990

^Robert Kennedy, 1968

^Mila Kunis, Annette Bening, circa 2012

^Barbra Streisand, 2004

^Arnold Schwarzenegger, 1998

^Natasha Gregson Wagner (Natalie Wood's daughter), 1998

^Cary Grant, Michelle Philips, 1976

^Nicole Kidman, 2011

^Sean Penn, 1980's

^Sylvester Stallone, Tippi Hedren, Clint Eastwood, George Lucas, Kirk Douglas, Rob Reiner, Angela Lansbury, Jack Nicholson, Julie Andrews, Billy Crystal, 2007

^Faye Dunaway, 1968

^Annette Bening, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, 2016
    Last edited by HWBL; July 17th, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

***** celeb

Telling the truth in Bulworth, 1998

***** celeb

Witchywoman likes this.

***** celeb

***** celeb

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread Information