Login to remove the ads!
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty [Actor]

Did you know that his character in Shampoo was inspired in Jay Sebring, who was also a victim of the Manson Family ?
    i didnt know he had a relationship that long with Julie Christie..wow.
    And i just found out a few days ago that he had a relationship with Joan Collins and that she had an abortion while she was with him.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaShar View Post
    Did you know that his character in Shampoo was inspired in Jay Sebring, who was also a victim of the Manson Family ?
    i didnt know he had a relationship that long with Julie Christie..wow.
    And i just found out a few days ago that he had a relationship with Joan Collins and that she had an abortion while she was with him.
    Yep, in the movie there's a vague reference to it when he - in the beginning of the movie - goes over to Goldie's appartment and she tells him she heard shots in the canyon and he tells her it's a big canyon.

And yes, he and Julie Christie were together until 1973/74, with a short break somewhere in the middle of their relationship. After they parted their romantic ways for the last time, Julie still starred with him in "Shampoo" and "Heaven Can Wait". They're still the best of friends (as he is with most of his exes).

Joan Collins was 4 years his senior. Shortly before their relationship (they were engaged for a short while) ended, she discovered she was pregnant. He had just made his breakthrough with his first 2 or 3 movies, she was rumored to get the part as Cleopatra in the movie that later starred Elizabeth Taylor, so she had an abortion. He was then in his early/mid twenties, she 4 years older.....
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Default Re: Warren Beatty [Actor]

Photos of this past week. Now that most of his physical beauty is gone, Warren (68) shows another beautiful side of himself by championing for the nurses, teachers, firemen and policemen against Der Schwarzenshrub in California.

Photos of the campaigning Warren (and Annette)

Photos of Warren (and Annette) being hailed by the Nurses Union for their support after their victory!

***** celeb

Found some more vintage yummies (anybody who can point me to - especially - prime Warren Beatty photos, PLEASE DO!!!!)

As you can see, Beatty became a star in the era when the studios still dictated that stars had a "good" and a "bad" side to take photographs of. Most of his photos favor his left side, but he looked just as good from the right, so I really don't see why they made such a big deal out of it

the over exposed left side

his other "good" - right - side:

and some frontals

***** celeb

Awesome pics!! i love the ones with natalie. They did look gorgeous together.

Awesome pics!! i love the ones with natalie. They did look gorgeous together.
    You're welcome. Now I can't claim I've ever met him (Lord I wish, in his prime anyway, hubba hubba ) but I've heard he's a genuinely great, nice and shy guy. Contrary to rumors, he was not the reason Natalie and Robert Wagner divorced. As a matter of fact, Natalie wasn't too fond of Beatty when they shot "Splendor In The Grass" because his Method Acting style got on her nerves (she was from the old Studio System acting style). She and Wagner separated near the end of filming and after post-production, when Natalie and Warren were summoned for promotional purposes, they fell in love. Everybody said he mended her broken heart after the Wagner split and made her feel good about herself again. I always like the pix in which she looks so adoringly at him, the way her character from the movie looked adoringly at his character.

***** celeb

Wagner was no saint and was a cheater, so nobody can blame Beatty for their divorce.
    Thanks for the info, hwbl, you know your stuff

Wagner was no saint and was a cheater, so nobody can blame Beatty for their divorce.
    Thanks for the info, hwbl, you know your stuff
    Hey, when you're an addict, you'd better do it all the way

***** celeb

I've got that Saturday Night Beatty Fever again Random pix complete with seventies, long shaggy, curly hairstyle, hiding his good looks behind hideous glasses and a bushy beard, the "Clarence the cross eyed lion" look, young Warren, old Warren and so on and so forth. Gimme a spoon so I can start eatin' this delicious man

Last edited by HWBL; November 19th, 2005 at 07:08 PM.

***** celeb

SVZ

yummy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post

yummy!!!!
    He looks so outrageously young there!

***** celeb

Time for more Saturday Night Beatty Fever

His fantastic debut movie, Splendor In The Grass, opposite Natalie Wood. They were 23 and 24 when the movie finished shooting. In it they played two highschool sweethearts. In real life, Natalie was married for the first time to Robert Wagner - their marriage went downhill during the filming. Rumor had it Wagner was frustrated his young wife's career took off more than his. Warren was engaged to Joan Collins. By the end of the movie, Wood and Wagner were separated, Collins was abroad filming, and Beatty and Wood fell in love during a promotional tour for Splendor.

Splendor is one of my fave Beatty movies, because he's soooooo young (well, at least young looking ) and plays the confused, vulnerable Bud Stamper so well. His Method Acting got on Wood's nerves big time, reason why they weren't exactly best of friends during the making of the movie.
    The ages of the actors playing parents and kids were kinda off, too (like in another Beatty movie "All Fall Down"). Pat Hingle, who played his dad, was only 13 years older than him, and only 8 years older than Barbara Loden who played his sister. The actress who played his mom was 60.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, go rent it. It's a sweet love story playing in the late 1920's. Two teenagers in love, getting confused by their domineering parents (him by his dad, she by her mom).

***** celeb

Silver Member

This man's legend!

Quote Originally Posted by EDISON27 View Post
    This man's legend!
    He sure is, in more than one way!

***** celeb

Added "Vital Stats and trivia" in the VERY FIRST POST of this thread

***** celeb

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information