Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty [Actor]

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    i'd drink him with a straw...

or something
    Gotta love this scene where his character goes on investigation in some hick little town.
    The huge hick sheriff doesn't like the pretty boy getting the attention of the local bar maids
    and the conversation goes like this:

Sheriff: For a moment there, I thought you were a man. But you aren't, are you?
    Beatty's character: No, I'm a girl.
    Sherrif: Why don't you go right over there and tell those people that, real loud?
    (when Beatty doesn't move, he nudges him)
    Beatty: Don't touch me unless you love me.
    Cracks me up each time!

Last edited by HWBL; October 27th, 2005 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol
    all the comments are hilarious
    he is gorgeous. and the fact that he's so smart and talented as well just makes him even hotter.
    for some reason i like older warren better than when he was young. he was almost too perfect and pretty. he's gotten a bit rougher around the edges with age, but sexier
    Well, I don't know how much older you mean by older. Right now he's really quite decrepit for his age, which kinda puzzles me because he barely drank, only smoked when dating Joan Collins and in some of his movies. His only vice was junk food. Guess he didn't put on sunscreen when he layed out in the sun. Can't think of anything else. His older sister Shirley aged better (disregarding the kabuki type make up she had on recently )

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisonlver View Post

Warren looked hot in the Bonnie and Clyde movie. I could watch that movie over and over.
    One of my favorite movies!

Heaven Can Wait, (actor, writer, co-director, producer) Warren Beatty, 1978.
    Great cast: the hilarious Charles Grodin, Dyan Cannon in possibly her funniest
    part ever, the always wonderful Jack Warden, his former long time lover Julie Christie and the legendary James Mason.
    Story is about an aging football player (Joe Pendleton - Warren Beatty) who has one last chance, after a long injury, to take part in the Super Bowl but unfortunately dies prematurely (that being the operative word here, since he wasn't supposed to die yet).
    The head angel (Mason) says Joe has to be put back in his body, but that's cremated. So they put him in another body and a hilarious and touching story evolves, while Joe - in his new body - finds romance and still tries to get in shape for the Super Bowl.

Last edited by HWBL; October 28th, 2005 at 02:15 PM.

A friend of mine who is totally aware of (and kinda shares) my Beatty addiction sent me several quotes on the man from various sources. I'll copy and paste them here and will accompany them with some "luke warm" eyecandy (I've made thumbnails of the really big photos as advised.)

Both Beaty (with one t) parents were educators and Warren was taught how to read at age FOUR!
    From one of my books:
    "He is an extremely pretty little boy, with a gentle, brilliant smile, long, double eye-lashes; his dark hair is parted on the right and very curly. He has a large collection of toy cars and, already gifted with his legendary photographic memory, he will grow up knowing all the details of 1950's automobiles. He absorbs and remembers all that is said around him, he listens to his parents and his older sister; he talks to himself and he is spoonfed his parents' love of the arts. In later years he will be called an omnivorous reader, an extraordinary memory, a tenacious arguer and negotiator."

"A bookworm in highschool, the 205 pound, 6'2" teenager was challenged by the school's football coach to join the team. With a physique as imposing as his, he was doing his school a disservice by not participating in any of the athletic activities. Warren reluctantly took up the challenge, and became the best athlete in the entire school. He was captain of the football team, played center position and was known by rival schools as "Mad Dog Beaty". He was so talented at the game, that it resulted in no less than 10 football scholarship offers from as many universities across the country. He turned every single one of them down."
    (he later dropped more than 20 pounds when he first started acting, on the famous "wannabe actor starvation diet of peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner")

"The almost angelically beautiful face of the young actor seems in sharp contrast with his impressive, athletic presence. The kind eyes, bashful smile and shy shuffle, however should not be mistaken for incompetence. Although young and new to the trade, Warren Beatty knows exactly what he wants to do." (quoted from an early sixties magazine article).

From one of my books:
    "He has never been a smoker, except for a dozen or so cigarettes smoked on a filmset or in the company of a smoker girlfriend such as Joan Collins, has never drunk or taken drugs. In the context of actors, obsessives and Hollywood people, it is notable how few bad things he has done. His idea of a good time varies from reading a good book or screenplay or merely reading, having dinner at a good restaurant, watching classic movies in the late-late-late night reruns or engaging in an intellectual discussion. For a man with as promiscuous a reputation as Beatty was given by the press, it should be said that 99% of his affairs have been monogamous. It is obvious that he loved women, but he loved them one at the time. Beatty is a brilliant mind inside an exceptionally well sculpted body. Although shy to such a degree that it borders on autism in some respects, he has never had to worry about not being outgoing. With the gifts he received, there was no need for him to seek company of others. He attracted them just by being the way he was."

(magazine quote from 1987, right after Ishtar, so before the bad reviews for Ishtar).
    "Beatty remains an enigma. For what on earth possesses a man with his ridiculous good looks, immense talent and sharp intellect to continue picking parts in which he, almost with no exception, plays bumbling idiots, airheads, stumbling through life, making wrong choices, getting into trouble, characters on the wrong side of the law who end up face down in the dirt, their bodies riddled by dozens of bullets? Could it be guilt? Could it be his way of apologizing for having been blessed with so much, perhaps too much?"

From a magazine, a photographer who photographed him.
    "Clinically speaking, he should not be as beautiful as he is. His face is too long, his eyes too small, too close set and on top of that they're mis-aligned. He has a turned up nose, which usually only looks good on young girls. His teeth are perfect, but too big, he has too much of a pout to be considered manly. His jawline is too square, his eyelashes too long, his hair curls too much in the wrong directions. He is too big in the chest and shoulders to make him appear attractive in photographs, because the camera puts on 10 pounds at least. His legs on the other hand are relatively thin and too long compared to the rest of his body. In all fairness, he does not photograph all that well. But when you meet him face to face, you're rendered speechless. I've been doing this job for a long time now, photographed a lot of models, and without a doubt he is one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure to capture."

Last edited by HWBL; October 29th, 2005 at 09:21 PM.

SVZ

love :love:

love :love:
    Who's that in your signature? Looks like that singer Sade, am I right?

P.S. You're welcome

SVZ

rofl, it's just jennifer lopez

i loved this one

From a magazine, a photographer who photographed him.
    "Clinically speaking, he should not be as beautiful as he is. His face is too long, his eyes too small, too close set and on top of that they're mis-aligned. He has a turned up nose, which usually only looks good on young girls. His teeth are perfect, but too big, he has too much of a pout to be considered manly. His jawline is too square, his eyelashes too long, his hair curls too much in the wrong directions. He is too big in the chest and shoulders to make him appear attractive in photographs, because the camera puts on 10 pounds at least. His legs on the other hand are relatively thin and too long compared to the rest of his body. In all fairness, he does not photograph all that well. But when you meet him face to face, you're rendered speechless. I've been doing this job for a long time now, photographed a lot of models, and without a doubt he is one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure to capture."
    i like when they bring looks to a clinical level for some reason

rofl, it's just jennifer lopez

i loved this one

i like when they bring looks to a clinical level for some reason
    I like the line about the type of nose usually only looking good on little girls

Warren (38) in one of my fave movies of his "Shampoo".
    Shot in 1974/75 dealing with one period of 24 hours surrounding the 1968 presidential elections. Great movie with great cast. Although Lee Grant played a very good part and got an Oscar for it, I'm just crazy about Jack Warden's acting style, the man rules!
    Probably the first movie in which Warren looked his age (ouch, hehe) but was still smokin' hot. Some, wrongly, see his role as a vain actor's ego trip. Anyone who really takes time to analyze the part sees the male counterpart of the dumb blonde, a people pleaser who ends up empty handed, mainly because there's a lot of vacancy going on in that pretty head of his
    The political backdrop and social comment is of course crucial for this Beatty production, the first one he co-wrote. He also starred with several of his favorite people: 2 ex-lovers (Goldie Hawn, brief romance, and Julie Christie with whom he had an 8 year relationship), a cameo by his then current lover (Michelle Philips) and Jack Warden (with whom he starred in 3 movies).
    And now for the drool fest. All thumbnails.

Last edited by HWBL; November 4th, 2005 at 07:17 PM.

Random shots. I just need to get something out of my system

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Silver Member

Yes, he was hot when he was young, then he became a old pathetic hound dog that was chasing after a scumbag like Madonna. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Yes, he was hot when he was young, then he became a old pathetic hound dog that was chasing after a scumbag like Madonna. Ha!
    Yes, he's an old wrinkly fart now, I never said otherwise.
    And yep, within a year after she dumped him, he and Annette Bening hooked up, expecting their first child and when Madonna heard that she almost pulled her overly peroxided hair outta her head because she expected him to more or less crawl back to her on hands and knees. She was insanely jealous when she heard he'd beaten her in hooking up, seriously, with someone else and starting a family, one of the purposes she was interested in Beatty for.

Here's the mean attention whore clasping the old wrinkly knee of geriatric Warren Beatty in 1998, six years after he got married - when he was a dad 3 times over already - at a movie premiere after party. I don't know if she was with that poor English guy Guy already. She did have that desired offspring, Lourdes, with her personal trainer after which she dumped him

Looks like the old man is not feeling quite comfortable. He never went further during their relationship than saying that Madonna was "more fun than a barrel of monkeys"

***** celeb

Warren was HOT as hell . this thread is amazing, great posts hwbl

Quote Originally Posted by LunaShar View Post
    Warren was HOT as hell . this thread is amazing, great posts hwbl
    Aaawww, shucks, thanks (He's an easy subject to get a good thread on )

***** celeb

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information