Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Gary Barlow, UK Singer/Songwriter

There are rumors and talk about his greed and avarice (endorsing all sorts of things), there was a tax-dodging scandal a few years ago involving him and the other TT band members; rumors about his homophobia (which I don't see since his manager was openly gay and sent the band to gay venues to perform, unless it was a negative experience for them; and even then...), his conservative politics. And how he attempted to quash Robbie Williams efforts to shine in the band's early days...can't blame him since Robbie is a much more charismatic performer than he could ever be. He was also accused of sexism and racism. It all could or could not be true. I also read his autobiography; he sounded extremely self-serving. And his solo music is so banal and uninteresting. He appeals to a certain Euro fan base, but he's boring. And his more recent stuff with the pared-down TT is also dull, at least to me. It all adds up to not liking him as much as I used to...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

^^^^
    yeah, i mean even if half of that is true he sounds like an asshole.

i always thought he was boring so i could totally see him being jealous of robbie williams. it's like that with all boy bands - there's always one with the potential to have a solo career without the band, and it's not always the lead singer. take that were alway cringy and cheesy and while i can't say i'm a fan of robbie's solo stuff, it's good if you're into that sort of thing and he's got shitloads of charisma.
    BITTER likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    yeah, i mean even if half of that is true he sounds like an asshole.

i always thought he was boring so i could totally see him being jealous of robbie williams. it's like that with all boy bands - there's always one with the potential to have a solo career without the band, and it's not always the lead singer. take that were alway cringy and cheesy and while i can't say i'm a fan of robbie's solo stuff, it's good if you're into that sort of thing and he's got shitloads of charisma.
    His manager originally picked the band members to support Barlow; but Simon Cowell said in a documentary that the reason he didn't sign them was because he thought Barlow lacked charisma. A couple of the studio exes said that they thought Barlow was downright 'boring', a glorified pub hall musician and he would always throw a hissy fit whenever it was suggested that Williams sing the lead on songs.

I liked their early stuff, as cheesy as it was. But the later stuff, even when Robbie briefly reunited with them, was dull to me.
    sputnik likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information