Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your House

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    What I really want to know is: How big is your closet..really. Square footage wise. How many closets do you have in your master bedroom suite?

Not knocking it..just curious. What color of roses do you have and what color of brick is the house? Probably looks very beautiful.
    My closet is huge-don't know the exact sq. footage, but room for all my suitcases, out of season clothes, etc.the top shelf holds my purse collection. Above that, way up high is a hanging place for out of season stuff, even Christmas rugs. Built in shelves in one section. You can stand in the middle & see every thing at once. Arms do not touch anything even if you have them outstretched! All mine. Hubby uses smaller walkin in his office. He was well brought up!

My brick is the ever popular Chicago brick-kind of busy, so the green leaves calm it down. I will try to post the link to the roses-they are scarlet and I HIGHLY recommend them to everyone. Easy care-cut back in March-and they bloom at least 9 months. They are a show stopper! Rose Double Knockout - rose plants, growing tips, photos ...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Could we have a picture?
    (just curious !)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My closet is huge-don't know the exact sq. footage, but room for all my suitcases, out of season clothes, etc.the top shelf holds my purse collection. Above that, way up high is a hanging place for out of season stuff, even Christmas rugs. Built in shelves in one section. You can stand in the middle & see every thing at once. Arms do not touch anything even if you have them outstretched! All mine. Hubby uses smaller walkin in his office. He was well brought up!

My brick is the ever popular Chicago brick-kind of busy, so the green leaves calm it down. I will try to post the link to the roses-they are scarlet and I HIGHLY recommend them to everyone. Easy care-cut back in March-and they bloom at least 9 months. They are a show stopper! Rose Double Knockout™ - rose plants, growing tips, photos ...
    I just planted three more double red knockouts (they were on sale for seven bucks a piece)to go with the one I already have. I still have a regular original red knockout in a pot-do not know where to put it. I had three regular knockout roses at my old place on a hot sunny dry southfacing hillbank, and they thrived and never had any disease or dieback problems.

My only complaint is that the double knockout roses are a tad on the small size really.

Your closet sounds bigger than my bedroom, which is so small I will not even give the dimensions as it would probably cause you to faint dead away and send hubby running for your 'aromatics' and smelling salts.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I like where I live but I don't love it. My fiance and I bought last year at the bottom of the market in our area, so we ended up with a 4 bedroom 3.5 bath house for a great price. It's 4400 square feet now but will be about 4800 total once we finish two unfinished rooms in the basement.
    Likes: Big kitchen, lots of room to grow (maybe kids are in our future?), lots of room to entertain and have guests stay over, huge master bedroom, convenient location, large secondary bedrooms with walk-in closets
    Dislikes: Everything is builder's grade, so we'll be replacing kitchen/bath cabinets, countertops, and floors with better quality materials over time; the master bathroom is small for being in such a huge bedroom; the living room and dining room are combined and I really wanted them separate; smallish lot.

Overall I can't complain though. It's our first home and we're only 26 and 28; there's plenty of time to fix what we don't like. It was also a really good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I just planted three more double red knockouts (they were on sale for seven bucks a piece)to go with the one I already have. I still have a regular original red knockout in a pot-do not know where to put it. I had three regular knockout roses at my old place on a hot sunny dry southfacing hillbank, and they thrived and never had any disease or dieback problems.

My only complaint is that the double knockout roses are a tad on the small size really.

Your closet sounds bigger than my bedroom, which is so small I will not even give the dimensions as it would probably cause you to faint dead away and send hubby running for your 'aromatics' and smelling salts.
    Mine were at first. Now they are about 4 feet-maybe 3 1/2 and very bushy. Do yours get at least 6 hours of sun? Got to have sun!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm laughing my head off at the contrast of Doctora Pepper and McJags posts

Doctora Pepper you just described my worst nightmare. Those kids would have driven me to serious acts of violence by now. And when I got to your plus sides, I thought "finally, some relief!" and then I read "neighbors will throw their aerosol cans/cigarettes/soda cans/kids toys in it". UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I really hope you can move very shortly!

McJag your place is my dream. I have the most divine images in my head from your description.

I pass by a field of baby goats to the right, 2 horse mamas with babies to the left! It restoreth my soul.
    AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I have a very average house imho, but I really like it. It's 2000 sq ft, so certainly not huge, but just enough for all our CRAP. 3 bd/3 bath. Great part about it: the 2 1/2 car garage. ITS NEEDED in the winter!
    It's easy to clean/maintain.

THE BEST PART OF ALL: its paid off in 4 yrs. And I can tell you that will be one hell of a Mortgage burning party...lordy. You're all invited.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i live in a cozy clean quiet 1 bedroom w/ a balcony that is unreachable by anyone and i love it, im very lucky i found my place and pay less than $1000.00 a month! incredible for west l.a. and i have parking and onsite laundry and walking distance to my coffee shop place, again, very lucky! also very close to freeways and my gym and work.

so much better than the dirty noisy crap-hole i was wasting my money at in Venice for 5 years (partially w/ my sister before she married)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information