Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yard sales!!!

omg i can't imagine driving past one and not stopping lol j/k i'm not that bad yet
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

I always pass by, but never stop. I feel like I'm going to offend them if I don't want any of their stuff...stupid, I know.

But I just bought my first yard sale item on Saturday. It's a pretty cello that I bought for $10. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but it struck my fancy.

I like to rummage thru books at yard sales. It's interesting to see what people have in their collection, and sometimes eyebrow raising. You can sometimes find some hard-to-find gems, too.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

yeah i always look at books and we find a lot of old records I have a huge collection now and no record player bwahhhhhh
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Silver Member

^^^
    A friend just gave me one of those new record/CD/cassette players. The look like old juke boxes. I go to the thrift stores and buy albums. I just got The Clash London Calling and Saturday Night Fever soundtrack for $1.19 each. I love yard/garage sales. I will ask for a price reduction if I think it's too high, but never would bug the shit out of someone. Chances are I really don't need it. I also hate, hate when someone calls something vintage and prices it really high. Damn thing is probably only 1 or 2 years old. Pet peeve of mine.

I like yard sales too. I've had about 3 so far and I make sure I put a higher price on everything because they will always haggle. Everything is labeled because if you don't label people don't really like to ask how much and won't ever buy. When I go to them I'm just a little too shy to ask how much, but if they have a price on it I always offer just a little less and they, most of the time say okay.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I have one every year. Usually, all family members bring something over, so there's a lot of stuff. I generally do about $300+ depending on the items.

I only let them haggle if I really want to get rid of it. Otherwise, if they really want it, they'll pay the extra dollar.

Angry

My fucking land lord and her asshole husband have one every fucking weekend. Right next to our front door mind you. Yeah and were I was aloud to park up until yesterday. They told me I couldn't park there anymore. Fucking asshole. I'm pretty pissed because they live the next street over why can't they have there garage sale there?
    You've condemned me to Hell.

^ omg...fucktards.

theres a house up the street that has a sign out "yard sale" every single friggin day...all I ever see sitting out is a bunch of old trunks, with a strung out guy sitting on one of them. They leave them out in the rain too, just throw a tarp over them..duh, the grass gets wet, so the bottom of the trunks get wet too dumbasses.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

We have a sale almost every year and I absolutely despise people for days afterwards. The ones I want to kill are (in no particular order):
    -The looky-loos who drive by slowly and can't be bothered to actually stop
    -The early-birds that come 2 hours before your posted start time
    -The ones that want you to sell your big ticket stuff for 1/3 price within the first hour you're open
    -The hagglers who get you down to more than half off and then peel a hundred off a roll of five other hundreds to pay for a $2.50 item
    -The ones who say "will you hold that for me, I have to run to the bank real quick" and then don't come back that whole day but then knock on your door two days later wanting to know where their shit is that you were supposed to "hold"
    -The re-sellers

Hate em all. I'm half tempted to give my shit away to Goodwill, but I make six or seven hundred every year and the cold hard cash in my hand feels much better than a non-profit donation slip.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information