Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your most hated household chore?

unloading the dishwasher, sorting, folding, and putting away laundry.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Gold Member

i don't like the outdoors stuff (lawn mowing etc)
    i don't mind inside clean-up though

Sweeping and mopping the wood floors in the foyer and great room. I swear, I can just be putting the broom away and my husband and son walk in the room, and it already looks like I have to start over again. That's what I get for wanting a bigger house - lots of floor space to fricking clean. (I wouldn't mind it if there wasn't so much to clean, or if it didn't have to be done every day.)
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Shovelling snow, raking leaves, mowing the lawn...which is why I live in an apartment!

Stuff I actually DO and hate? Window/mirror washing...because I can never get them PERFECT and that drives the tiny molecule of OCD in me mental! Also: Dishes and sweeping/mopping (hurts my back).
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Cleaning the bathroom, hands down! Something within me just recoils in horror at having to confront and clean nothing but pubes, piss, and possible trace fecal matter. Ick!
    This by far is the worst chore of all and the most disgusting. I wear gloves but I can feel my face contort as I'm doing it.

I've honestly never washed my walls, but I do suck the webs out of the corners.

Stuff I actually DO and hate? Window/mirror washing...because I can never get them PERFECT and that drives the tiny molecule of OCD in me mental! Also: Dishes and sweeping/mopping (hurts my back).
    I don't know where I read this, but if you wash the inside windows vertical and the outside horizontal you'll see which side the streaks are.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Cleaning our bathrooms grosses me out. None of the menfolk in this house can/will hit the toilets. Scrubbing caked-on, dried-up pee is beyond nasty.

Mopping, unloading the dishwasher and putting away the laundry!!

Cleaning the bathroom toilet.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Will someone tell me why I should EVER clean behind my fridge?
    Older fridges had the condensing coils on the back but many seem to have them underneath now so it's easier to remove the kickplate to clean. You'll want to remove dust, hair etc so the coils work more efficiently(uses less electricity!) and the cooling system doesn't overheat so the fridge lasts longer.

You just unplug it and get in there with a bottle brush or vacuum with the crevice tool. It's supposed to be done once or twice a year. I do mine with the smoke detector battery changes. If you've still got your manual, it may have specifics.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Will someone tell me why I should EVER clean behind my fridge? I have never heard of it. ??? How do you even get to the area behind your fridge?

*also I have found it much easier to clean the bathroom when I know it is all just my own dirt, filth, pubes, etc. and nobody elses.
    Apparently cleaning behind your fridge makes it run better and it uses less energy to run. In 13 years I did it once and thought only lunatics did it more often than that.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I normally do that every two weeks. It gets done at least twice a month.
    Can I be a tad inquisitive and ask you what you use please? Do you also get up on ladders to get to the top of the walls?

Thanks McJag for your opinion. It is sensible as always.

Only 6 more sleeps until we move into our dream home. We might be without the internet for a while. It is so exciting. Our daughter is thrilled to pieces with her new room and built in wardrobe. She thinks it is for hiding n.

I HATE loading and unloading the dishwasher but I try to be grateful that I don't have to actually wash by hand. Nothing worse than food in the sink, and having to stick your hands in the water. Usually I'd rinse all dishes first to avoid that - but its extra work. So hooray for the dishwasher.

HATE laundry- hanging it out, folding it, putting it away. Ugh. It just never ends.

Oh, and I loathe having to unload grocery bags.

A*O

Cleaning the oven. Because when I eventually pluck up the courage it has to be showroom, fresh out of the box spotlessly clean. I use industrial amounts of chemicals (sorry planet Earth) and a lot of elbow grease. It's a filthy job.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Toilet and windows.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

i want an invisble, mute slavebot that just takes care of everything.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information