Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your most hated household chore?

Rubber gloves and a face mask might make me feel a bit better. But just a tiny bit. Just having to look at and breathing the same air as all the foulness in a bathroom grosses me out.

Gold Member

Cleaning our 7 feet balcony doors. They are mad of glass and as soon as you clean them they have a smudge.

Evey thing else I am happy with doing, as I have a routine. Each morning before I go out I clean the toilet and basin in the bathroom. The bath tub and shower get done once a week. (Twice if they look particularly grotty) Beds are made and any clutter put away. I takes me less than 10 minutes and is worth it.

On my way out any washing I have gets hung out. While my husband is having his breakfast clothes are scrubbed and soaked.

I will add it has only been since our unit went up for sale I have had this routine. But I do like it as it means that no cleaning becomes too intense.

When we move into our new house I am going to have a better routine where walls get washed more often. By the way how often should you wash your walls? Also how often should you clean behind the fridge?

For those Aussies that are like me and find it hard to clean I recommend the book Speed Cleaning by Shannon Lush & Jennifer Fleming. Although they tell the biggest fib in their into when they say you can do it in 15 minutes a day. They wrote the book Spotless.

I hate wiping cupboards down and since I have a white counters and cupboards and a very sloppy, half-blind hubby, I do it ALL the damn time.

Cleaning behind a fridge? What is that?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I do good to get my fan blades dusted and wiped down once in a blue moon, and people can see that - nevermind cleaning behind the fridge.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'll clean behind my fridge when I move, I guess. Dusting is the worst chore, therefore I rarely do it.

A friend of mine used to say: When it's time to clean the oven, it's time to move!

I hate doing dishes, especially by hand. Silverware is the worst. Dishwater makes me want to gag. We have a dishwasher, but truthfully I don't care for even doing dishes in the dishwasher. When i was younger and single I used to occasionally just toss the silverware and buy new instead of washing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    . By the way how often should you wash your walls? Also how often should you clean behind the fridge?

Wash the walls? If they look dirty paint them! Just as easy and much fresher,IMO. Now doors around handles that get hand-dirty spray & wash weekly. I hate that & grungy door knobs.
    Behind fridge at least twice a year. Best every season.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Will someone tell me why I should EVER clean behind my fridge? I have never heard of it. ??? How do you even get to the area behind your fridge?

*also I have found it much easier to clean the bathroom when I know it is all just my own dirt, filth, pubes, etc. and nobody elses.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^ I guess you could pull your fridge out and give it a good cleaning if you felt the urge to!

I avoid dusting as much as I can, it's really dull....it's only dead skin anyways right?

easy all of it

HATE vacuuming! It's so cumbersome, lifting furniture out of the way, navigating the cord, trying to squeeze it in places. I'm not a fan of dusting either, and I hate putting the clean dishes away from some reason (I don't mind washing at all though). Washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom, wiping down counters and doing laundry don't bother me a bit.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    By the way how often should you wash your walls?
    I normally do that every two weeks. It gets done at least twice a month.

i can't think of any household chores i don't hate...
    i don't mind doing occasional DIY things like assembling ikea furniture, framing pictures, making curtains, varnishing or painting wood furniture, etc... it's the day to day routine stuff that i absolutely hate.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information