Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vessel Sinks....yes or no?

I have one in the half bath off my kitchen. It's fine there, but not practical if it will be your main sink.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I'm actually shocked people fill their sinks up with water. I guess I just always wash my face with the water running. Weird.
    I wash with the water running, too. I'm not splashing anyone's spit germs back onto my face! But I still need a big sink. I love the look of vessel sinks, but they aren't very practical for me. And I would probably worry about them looking dated eventually too.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you know what i hate are the damn double sinks! i hate those!!

A*O

They look great but they are high maintenance and messy. Apart from the drawbacks others have listed another problem is that they can be an awkward angle to use without splashing water all over the wall, floor, etc. They are OK for simple hand washing, etc, but for major bathroom use I'd think twice.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I have one in my master bath and its the biggest mistake ever. I cant wash my face without splashing water everywhere. It is just awkward positioning, maybe because I am short, but it is a nightmare to keep clean.

I like them, but then I don't have one. I do have a pedestal sink & think that its as much if not more trouble on the cleaning stakes.
    I'm really really not a fan of the inset basins, they scream 80's US rental to me....

What I would do (and frequently do) is check out the more professional end of the magazine design market (Homes: Homes & Spaces: architecturaldigest.com) & see what they're doing. I'd also look at more "popular" magazines (</title> <meta name="verify-v1" content="ZNHVBlDv7n6axPVCVHpEyarKllG+8/Li2bkmXPJ6xb0=" /> <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="/favicon.ico" /> <link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> <meta name="description" content="Inspirational hom) to see what is "fashionable". I don't think that bathroom "fashions" move as quickly as, say, soft furnishings, since they're more permanent & expensive.

BTW - its very interesting that Kohle as doing a large range of "traditional" porcelin.... imo. (http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...6&sort=Default) I've seen a lot of this sort of stuff recently.
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information